"Lock" a spot in playlist?

MoPossum

Maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way, (and maybe a way exists to do this that I missed?), but here's what I'm after ...

For example, due to illness of a cast member, we decided last night to air a "Best of" on our Morning show this morning, so I logged in remotely and dropped in archive tracks.

Now, because these tracks are taken from varied morning segments of past shows, they are various lengths and may not match up with our exact current schedule on Morning Drive, the programmed commercial breaks didn't line up with our normal format of, say, Segment > Spot Break Stop Down > 3 Song Music Block. Instead, a scheduled event Spot Break might drop in right after the archive segment airs, (even before the following "Best Of" Disclaimer), or between 2 of the 3 songs ... unless, of course, I look at the length of our current commercial load, do the math and then find archive segments to match that exact time. Frankly, I'm not that motivated.

So, I basically had to stay logged in during morning drive and babysit, moving the playlist around in real-time, so that we retain the normal format. That amount of work kind of kills the excitement of an unplanned day off.

So, what I'm wondering is this: is there a way in the system, (or CAN there be), that I can select an item in the playlist and "lock it," so that any scheduled events will drop in AFTER that item, rather than before? I mean, I could probably do this in the event for that day itself, but then I'd have to remember to go back and fix that day's event before it ends up being messed up the following week, which I won't remember to do.

I'm sorry if this already exists and I didn't see it in the manual. If it doesn't, and there's currently no way to do this, I'd sure love to see it at some point. Thanks.

You can use the commands like scheduler on/scheduler off to turn the scheduler on and off when needed (commands can be launched from events, or be inserted directly into the playlist using the Playlist->Add command menu).

There are more granular commands to control events: enablegroup/disablegroup and also for individual events: enableevent/disableevent.

You can use those commands in any combinations to temporarily prevent some or all events from starting.

Back