How do i move my library to a different computer with all playlists?

Andama

Hi, I have saved my RB settings and Data base successfully, but when I copied my folders to a new computer, all the settings were restored but when I open a playlist, it will show all the tracks, but it won't play. But when I search the tracks, they will play individually but am not ready to create playlists again, how do i tell RB all the playlists in the previous playlists are in the new PC?

djsoft

Staff member
It looks like the playlists have different paths to music files, e.g. on the PC from which you have copied the settings, the music was located in different path, so the playlists will not work. To resolve this, either change the music location so it matches the music location on original PC. As an alternative, you can open the playlists in a text editor and perform search-replace to change old path to the new one.

Andama

It looks like the playlists have different paths to music files, e.g. on the PC from which you have copied the settings, the music was located in different path, so the playlists will not work. To resolve this, either change the music location so it matches the music location on original PC. As an alternative, you can open the playlists in a text editor and perform search-replace to change old path to the new one.
Thanks for the reply, I have tried to change the music location but it seems the latest version of RB doesn't have the options to navigate to a specific directory/folder, I only see it's possible with the reports folder, also the "save" button is missing in the music library. Kindly give me more details on opening my old playlist by text and search.
Thanks

djsoft

Staff member
You don't need to change the folder locations in RadioBOSS settings, but if you have playlist files or scheduled events, you should modify them to use the new paths for music files - this can't be done from within RadioBOSS, you'll need to open those files using any text editor and perform replace operation. This is somewhat advanced procedure.

The easier way would be to move the music files so their location is the same as it was on the PC from where you copied the settings.

pety

Those who foresee, in advance, the move of audio files and all playlists and events, it would be good to install RadioBoss and store all the necessary in a folder, on partition X, Y, or Z (or any). But the letter identifying the partition must be as close as possible to the "tail" of the alphabet. Anytime you can add an HDD in the new computer to which we assign the letter X (or other) for the desired partition.