How the new Files system works ?

JeanXeb

Hi,
How the new "Files" system works ? (radioboss 6.3.0.7)

I just did a conversion from MySQL to Files.
It works correctly

On the other hand, if I launch a second instance of radioboss on the same system, it destroys the database and seems to make only one database for the two instances.
Is it possible to keep the "Music Library" independent for each instance ?

Best regards

You can select either Shared or Dedicated database - but there's a UI bug that prevents this. Please select "APE tag" as an option, then press the "Settings" button, select "Dedicated database", OK. Select "Files" option back. This needs to be done for each instance, and as a result you will have a separate database for each instance.

You can select either Shared or Dedicated database - but there's a UI bug that prevents this. Please select "APE tag" as an option, then press the "Settings" button, select "Dedicated database", OK. Select "Files" option back. This needs to be done for each instance, and as a result you will have a separate database for each instance.
Will fixing this bug by this process not generate a problem when the bug is fixed ?

Will fixing this bug by this process not generate a problem when the bug is fixed ?
This is a bug in the user interface (Settings button doesn't work when you select "File" option for additional info). It doesn't affect how it functions. If you select "Dedicated database" then each installed RadioBOSS will have its own separate database (where Music Library will store libraries).

I just tested with your manipulation but it does not work.
I convert my information from mysql to files.
When I unhook the MySQL to File the database loses all of its information.

1683636431211.png

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Last edited:
When you switch from shared to dedicated database, the data is not carried over and you will start with empty music library. You can either recreate the libraries, or switch back to shared db, export libraries, switch to dedicated db, import libraries.

When I switch from MySQL to Shared or Dedicated SQL, the database is wrong.
See the two screenshots.
It is the same library under MySQL then when switching to SQL Lite the database is different.

Attachments

• Capture MySQL.JPG
    Capture MySQL.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Capture SQL Share.JPG
    Capture SQL Share.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 78
This is because music libraries are stored in a database. When you switch database type, or change shared/dedicated, the music libraries will also change.

All right !
Is there a way to maintain the correct database when transitioning between MySQL and the "Files" system ?

All right !
Is there a way to maintain the correct database when transitioning between MySQL and the "Files" system ?
Additional information in files can be converted using the Tools menu, and music libraries can be exported and imported back to the new database.

This requires completely rebuilding the schedule.
There is no way to extract discotheque list from MYSQL to keep tags,shcedule etc when converting to Files ?

This requires completely rebuilding the schedule.
There is no way to extract discotheque list from MYSQL to keep tags,shcedule etc when converting to Files ?
Scheduler is not stored in a database and is not affected if you change "Additional storage location" option.
Tags (artist, title, year etc) are also not affected because they are read from the music files.

Thanks for these informations !
Last question where is the database generated ? (folder/file ?)
If you use MySQL it's stored in MySQL tables. For all other options, it uses SQLite database, this database is stored in "Tracks.db" file in RadioBOSS's settings folder.

Back