How to play a syndicated show - with track metadata?

FLRMike

I see a lot of shows that are syndicated - 1-hour, 2-hours or more. If I add one to my media and have it played on the stream, there is no way to get the metadata of each track in the syndicated show out to the stream (for legal reasons), correct? Even if I could save track information externally?

How do you re-stream a syndicated show (file-based) to include track metadata?

Thank you,
Mike

If the show has a .cue file, RadioBOSS will display titles. Without that file, it will only show general track information (e.g. tag info for the show itself - but not for individual tracks in it).

If the show has a .cue file, RadioBOSS will display titles. Without that file, it will only show general track information (e.g. tag info for the show itself - but not for individual tracks in it).

Thank you for the information. Does the .cue file have any naming requirement or needs to be in a particular folder?

Thank you for the information. Does the .cue file have any naming requirement or needs to be in a particular folder?
It needs to present in the same folder with audio file, and needs to be named the same as audio file, except .cue extension.

In summary: playlist .mp3 , the titles appear live. When I record with radioboss and go to listen again I only see the title of the recording. to view the titles of the various recorded mp3 files I have to add the .cue extension to each file in addition to the .mp3 extension, correct?

In summary: playlist .mp3 , the titles appear live. When I record with radioboss and go to listen again I only see the title of the recording. to view the titles of the various recorded mp3 files I have to add the .cue extension to each file in addition to the .mp3 extension, correct?
You don't need to add those .cue files manually. Cue files are created by the software that creates the recording. Cue has a specific format that lists titles and other info tied to time. Typically when you have a 1-2 hour mix, it also contains .cue file with track titles in this mix.

Scusate ma non riesco a capire come procedere. Partiamo da questa playlist, se la trasmetto non ho problemi, compaiono i titoli ma se la registro appare solo un file con il nome del file, i titoli non li identificano. come procediamo?

Attachments

• regia.jpg
    regia.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Sorry but I can't understand how to proceed. Let's start with this playlist, if I transmit it I have no problems, the titles appear but if I record it only one file appears with the name of the file, the titles do not identify them. How do we proceed?

What RadioBOSS version do you use? The latest versions create a .cue file when recording using the Stream Archive feature, so all title information is preserved.

Just in case please check in Settings, General, Advanced options - that "Stream archive - Create CUE file" option is enabled (set to True) - this is the default, but still.

Then when you record, check the folder where recorded file is - do you see a .cue file there, along with audio file?

Hmm am confused too DJSoft the automatic record a show creates MP3 Audio File (VLC) (.mp3) files in a directory C:\Documents\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1183139368\Stream Archive or similar there appears no CUE file by default. There didn't appear anything I could see in the advanced preferences for this.

BY RECORDING THE PLAYLIST IN TRANSMISSION WITH STREAM ARCHIVE THE CUE FILE ACTUALLY APPEARS IN THE RECORDING BUT IT IS ONLY PRESENT ON THE FIRST SONG WHILE THE FOLLOWING THOSE ARE .FLAC

BY RECORDING THE PLAYLIST IN TRANSMISSION WITH STREAM ARCHIVE THE CUE FILE ACTUALLY APPEARS IN THE RECORDING BUT IT IS ONLY PRESENT ON THE FIRST SONG WHILE THE FOLLOWING THOSE ARE .FLAC
I correct the previous post: recording a playlist with stream archive actually stores both the.cue file and the.flac file, however if I reschedule the recording with playlist add file the recording date appears and not the song titles, where am I going wrong?

Hmm am confused too DJSoft the automatic record a show creates MP3 Audio File (VLC) (.mp3) files in a directory C:\Documents\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1183139368\Stream Archive or similar there appears no CUE file by default. There didn't appear anything I could see in the advanced preferences for this.
What RadioBOSS version do you use? Maybe it's an older one, where .cue support is not added yet.

There is a single .cue file for the whole recording, it contains titles of all the tracks included in there. It's a text file - you can open it with Notepad to check its contents.

Che versione di RadioBOSS usi? Forse è più vecchio, dove il supporto .cue non è ancora stato aggiunto.

Esiste un unico file .cue per l'intera registrazione, che contiene i titoli di tutte le tracce incluse al suo interno. È un file di testo: puoi aprirlo con Blocco note per controllarne il contenuto.
ok hai ragione, il file .cue contiene i titoli delle singole tracce ma se voglio inviare questa registrazione nella playlist appare solo la data e non i titoli, allego un esempio

Back