How to play a syndicated show - with track metadata?

ok you're right, the .cue file contains the titles of the individual tracks but if I want to send this recording only the date appears in the playlist and not the titles,

Attachments

• IMG_20240110_075708.jpg
    IMG_20240110_075708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
ok you're right, the .cue file contains the titles of the individual tracks but if I want to send this recording only the date appears in the playlist and not the titles,
In the playlist it will show information from tags (or extract title from filename if there's no tag) but during playback, it will use titles from the .cue file - you will see that title in the Nowplaying bar and also those titles will be sent to the streaming server.

Also, the radio listers still reporting is substantially wrong information. also, the Scheduler does not report correct information on random play it says it's not enabled when it is enabled, I think it does the same when you right click track add to Add to Playback Que:

Starting event "STATION BREAK - Hush DJ Denise Speaks"
Event was not started because the "Do not action when there are scheduled tracks in the playlist" flag is enabled (STATION BREAK - Hush DJ Denise Speaks)

Hope this helps

Last edited:
How to stop track 11 remaining.
434d276cc12e2e8a56485038b86d2acf.png

https://gyazo.com/434d276cc12e2e8a56485038b86d2acf

1) As when the random pays it can pick up the same track 11 again as its not removed. right click 'Add to Playback'

2) As original Play from Log does not play.
[10] ABRA - Cry Baby
Starting event "STATION BREAK - Hush DJ Denise Speaks"
Schedule: [STATION BREAK - Hush DJ Denise Speaks] Hello I am Dj Denise - Am So Happy to play Some of My Music for You.mp3 (C:\My Music\Voices\Hello I am Dj Denise - Am So Happy to play Some of My Music for You.mp3)
[28] All Them Witches - Effervescent

It doesn't play the scheduled track at all and goes directly to track 28 added by right click 'Add to Playback' .

Hope this helps

Dimitri can you use this as a playlist live recording in the scheduler to schedule this pre played wave with cue file providing titles?

It doesn't play the scheduled track at all and goes directly to track 28 added by right click 'Add to Playback' .
If you add a track to the playback queue, it will play next, queue has priority when next track is considered.

Dimitri can you use this as a playlist live recording in the scheduler to schedule this pre played wave with cue file providing titles?
You can start a track that has corresponding .cue file - RadioBOSS will read it and show track titles from there.

What RadioBOSS version do you use? Maybe it's an older one, where .cue support is not added yet.

There is a single .cue file for the whole recording, it contains titles of all the tracks included in there. It's a text file - you can open it with Notepad to check its contents.
I need to check my forum notifications. I didn't realize this thread was getting responses.

Does the cue file have to include the timing info or can it just be a playlist with artist - title ??

I put messages on social media looking for LIVE or syndicated shows and 99% are syndicated. No one - I mean, NO ONE creates cue files! So, at least in the U.S., I cannot stream these syndicated shows.

sorry if I insist on this topic but with the rough Google translation it is not easy to understand. I did this test: I recorded three songs with rb which in playlist and streaming give me titles and artist, the cue file with the titles is present however if in a new playlist with the add file function I add this recording it does not show me the cue file and only the title of the recording appears in the playlist and not the titles of the 3 tracks. I hope I have explained myself.

Does the cue file have to include the timing info or can it just be a playlist with artist - title ??
.cue file is not a playlist, it has a special format.

I put messages on social media looking for LIVE or syndicated shows and 99% are syndicated. No one - I mean, NO ONE creates cue files! So, at least in the U.S., I cannot stream these syndicated shows.
If a show is a single file, in order to get individual track titles in the mix, you'd need to have a .cue file. Or it has to be a format that supports multiple titles during playback e.g. chained ogg file - but that's not supported by RadioBOSS (it will only read the first title).

Back