Issues creating a Playlist with Playlist Generator Pro 1.0.0.0

hkypuk6

Maybe I am not understanding the purpose of the Playlist Generator Pro or just can't follow directions!

I've created a simple category called "Music".  The duration of that category is set for "1" track.  Track selection is set for "random" and the track source is a folder called "Music" which contains 1341 music files (ALAC format).  I added the "Music" category to the Playlist structure and set the "Total Playlist length" to 30minutes.  I then click "Generate".  The "Log" shows the following:

Generation started.
Category "Music":loaded 1341 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1341
Completed. Duration: 0:00:00

When I click the export to player I get 1001 songs in the playlist that adds up to 63hrs 57mins & 20secs.  I only wanted 30minutes.  I don't get it.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

It looks like your setup is correct. Please send one of the .alac files you're using to support@djsoft.net - we'll check how those files are treated by the Playlist Generator Pro.

I just did a test using mp3 files and PGP worked like it was supposed to.  I guess it's a problem using ALAC files or my ALAC files in particular.  So much for using ALAC files, at least for now anyway!

mike

hkypuk6 said:
I just did a test using mp3 files and PGP worked like it was supposed to.  I guess it's a problem using ALAC files or my ALAC files in particular.  So much for using ALAC files, at least for now anyway!
Yes, that can be ALAC problem - thanks for the file, this will be fixed in the next update.

Back