Line in input default stereo

When I configure a line input, I have to specify that it is stereo, by checking a box, when the usual thing is that the line input is stereo. If I forget to check the stereo box, the audio goes into mono, and that has several problems: if the channels are inverted, they cancel each other out and nothing comes in. If the channels enter with unequal signal level, the audio is attenuated.
My request is that the line inputs be considered stereo by default, and if you want (or someone considers it necessary) the box that has to be checked is "mono".
That is, it works just the opposite as before.

David is your line input a stereo mic or are you running from a desk only single channel?

I understand that a line input is a line input and a MIC input... is a MIC input. Radioboss allows you to configure line inputs and MIC inputs separately. That is why it would be appropriate for the line inputs to be stereo, by default.

Some of the restrictions are MS Windows David it's a Real problem as it has one output and one input. These can be mono or stereo. Its why we use DAW that have really good software like Scarlet and few others. For example, you would think you can run two microphones on two separate USB plugged into USB this doesn't work as you can't mix them! Most good DAW have this facility to combine channels which is great and create them as Stereo.

My request is that the line inputs be considered stereo by default, and if you want (or someone considers it necessary) the box that has to be checked is "mono".
It used to be like this and it turned out that most users had problems with it, as by default Line In is often mono (or at least was in the past) and they got sound only in the left channel and right channel was silent (really there were lots of support tickets about it).
I'm not sure it's a bug issue - typically line inputs are configured very rare, set and forget, also once you check Stereo it stays checked, even if you change the device.

It used to be like this and it turned out that most users had problems with it, as by default Line In is often mono (or at least was in the past) and they got sound only in the left channel and right channel was silent (really there were lots of support tickets about it).
I'm not sure it's a bug issue - typically line inputs are configured very rare, set and forget, also once you check Stereo it stays checked, even if you change the device.
A way to solve this problem could be an option in the 'Input' configuration tab of type: 'Consider all stereo inputs' and that way not having to configure that point on each line?
I use unbalanced analog inputs on internal and external sound cards via USB and they are usually a stereo signal. Even the microphone comes from the mixing console. I understand that each case is peculiar. But considering the input as 'mono' by default has caused me more than one problem. Certainly, it's as simple to solve as checking the 'stereo' box on each entry, but the first time I went crazy trying to find the root of the problem.

David is the mixing console software or hardware. You said you are using an external sound card as DAW that's ok and will provide al lines in . But is your sound card app mixing two channels into stereo? for example, FocusRite Scarlet drivers take two line and create stereo line in computer? I have no problem with this set up. I am wondering if your sound card is not doing this for you .

A way to solve this problem could be an option in the 'Input' configuration tab of type: 'Consider all stereo inputs' and that way not having to configure that point on each line?
I use unbalanced analog inputs on internal and external sound cards via USB and they are usually a stereo signal. Even the microphone comes from the mixing console. I understand that each case is peculiar. But considering the input as 'mono' by default has caused me more than one problem. Certainly, it's as simple to solve as checking the 'stereo' box on each entry, but the first time I went crazy trying to find the root of the problem.
I reviewed this issue in our records, it seems that most problems were with mics (they are often mono) and not with line inputs. I guess a compromise would be to have default stereo for linear inputs and mono for the microphone.

David is the mixing console software or hardware. You said you are using an external sound card as DAW that's ok and will provide al lines in . But is your sound card app mixing two channels into stereo? for example, FocusRite Scarlet drivers take two line and create stereo line in computer? I have no problem with this set up. I am wondering if your sound card is not doing this for you .
I am a classic. It is an analog mixing console and the sound cards are also analog. The line inputs are stereo and the microphones are mono. Nothing new (or modern) under the sun

Back