manual Dj modes?

Love Radioboss and been testing the trial version for over a week, great interface and love the customizability. However, one issue that may stop me from buying it, I cant find any MANUAL DJ options. I have been using this for bar DJ work and the auto playlist is nice, with the track tool to set cue points and fade outs etc...have used various radio station type software for years as the auto mix/play features seem better than standard live DJ software BUT....

is there a way to put this into manual DJ mode with no auto play and faders for decks 1 and 2? I find myself wanting to squeeze several songs in at the close of a night and having to fiddle about with track tool all the time...would love to be able to 'on the fly' fade out a song and start the next without resetting crossfade options etc. And also to be able to play one deck over the top of the other if I choose, on the fly. Not interested in BPM or special effects, just basic manual crossfading if possible

Is this possible with Radioboss at all?

You can use the segue editor to set the manual crossfade (right-click menu in the playlist). But the crossfade editor is currently in beta and may fail sometimes.

yes I have tried that and it seems quite good. But are there any plans to introduce a standard DJ deck type optional layout, ie faders for each channel that can be done 'on the fly' rather than pre edited in.....I feel this would greatly enhance the software especially when doing 'instant' responses to situations that can't be foreseen for example.

I see what you mean the segue editor is hit and miss....I just tried a whole bunch of tests and about 75% of them failed to implement. When will this feature be made stable?

Jason Alan Leaver said:
yes I have tried that and it seems quite good. But are there any plans to introduce a standard DJ deck type optional layout, ie faders for each channel that can be done 'on the fly' rather than pre edited in.....I feel this would greatly enhance the software especially when doing 'instant' responses to situations that can't be foreseen for example.
Currently there are no such plans. RadioBOSS is radio automation software, and the main point of it is to operate automatically, without (or minimal) human intervention... so manual mixing is a very low priority feature right now.

Jason Alan Leaver said:
I see what you mean the segue editor is hit and miss....I just tried a whole bunch of tests and about 75% of them failed to implement. When will this feature be made stable?
Yes. We have plans on seriously improving it for the next major update (RadioBOSS 5.5).

Hi Jason

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. But, I simply push the NEXT button (or short cut N) to cross fade there and then to the next song.

Kind regards
James

Back