Mic v. audio output

wutzthedeal

I'm not blaming RB for the difference between mic and song/other sound output, but I would like some advice on getting them to match.  Here's what I've done: I like the sound best with both the mic input dsp compressor and equalizer on with an 8db gain and the main output dsp compressor and equalizer on.  I THINK my problem is using "autoamp" which I thought would try to equalize/normalize all outputs to be similar in amplitude?  Is that incorrect, and what can I do to fix it?  Screenshot shows my talk show with a few songs played (the songs are the high chunks). 

Attachments

• ScreenShot135.jpg
    ScreenShot135.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 452
wutzthedeal said:
I'm not blaming RB for the difference between mic and song/other sound output, but I would like some advice on getting them to match.  Here's what I've done: I like the sound best with both the mic input dsp compressor and equalizer on with an 8db gain and the main output dsp compressor and equalizer on.  I THINK my problem is using "autoamp" which I thought would try to equalize/normalize all outputs to be similar in amplitude?  Is that incorrect, and what can I do to fix it?  Screenshot shows my talk show with a few songs played (the songs are the high chunks). 
Yes, AutoAmp will try to normalize all music to play at the same level. If your MIC level is set to -8dB, then you should do the same for AutoAmp: set its target level to -8dB as well.

By the way, why do you set mic level at -8dB?

djsoft said:
wutzthedeal said:
Yes, AutoAmp will try to normalize all music to play at the same level. If your MIC level is set to -8dB, then you should do the same for AutoAmp: set its target level to -8dB as well.

By the way, why do you set mic level at -8dB?

Oh, I see.  This is a case where I didn't read the manual and didn't know I was supposed to mess with the target level.  I set the mic input to 8db gain because my input seems to weak (voice).  I use a nice Plantronics headset, usb, but it's just not strong enough so the mic gain brings it up there; unfortunately that accentuates hiss as well but it's hardly noticeable; I try to work that out with the equalizer, dropping those mid and high freqs down.

Back