Mix Start

radioena

can't seem to locate this new feature in the latest release 6.3.0.7."New crossfading option: Mix Start determines where the following track is mixed in; mix start can be automatically detected"

Also not sure about how it actually operates.

The explanation that is there regarding this function is very confusing. Could you please explain more in depth?
If Mix Start is not set, the next track will be mixed at the Mix point of the playing track. For instance, if playing track has Mix point of 5 seconds, the next track will start playing 5 seconds before the end. That is, tracks will overlay for 5 seconds.
If Mix Start is set, say it's set to 2 seconds (from the start), the overlap in this case will be 7 seconds (instead of 5). Meaning, next track will be mixed in earlier.
This is useful when a track has quiet beginning, so you can mix it earlier, for smoother transition between tracks.

If Mix Start is not set, the next track will be mixed at the Mix point of the playing track. For instance, if playing track has Mix point of 5 seconds, the next track will start playing 5 seconds before the end. That is, tracks will overlay for 5 seconds.
If Mix Start is set, say it's set to 2 seconds (from the start), the overlap in this case will be 7 seconds (instead of 5). Meaning, next track will be mixed in earlier.
This is useful when a track has quiet beginning, so you can mix it earlier, for smoother transition between tracks.
I ask because I can't configure it to do the following:
- I want a voice-over (here in Colombia we call it a stepper) to make a bridge at the end of the song that is being played with the song that is going to start playing. How can I configure this function in that case?

- I want a voice-over (here in Colombia we call it a stepper) to make a bridge at the end of the song that is being played with the song that is going to start playing. How can I configure this function in that case?
I'm not sure Mix Start will be useful in this case, it's mostly used when transitioning between two music tracks. For your case, you just need to configure crossfades to match your needs: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm
Probably use a different file type for the "bridge" track.

Back