more user management permission options.

I agree with the need for better lockdown of settings that live playback users do not need to get access to. Live operation needs to restrict access to only the bare essentials necessary for playout of tracks or tracklists otherwise there is the danger of "standard" feature settings being modified by inexperienced operators who "fiddle" . Production machines need access to more features...etc

I agree with the need for better lockdown of settings that live playback users do not need to get access to. Live operation needs to restrict access to only the bare essentials necessary for playout of tracks or tracklists otherwise there is the danger of "standard" feature settings being modified by inexperienced operators who "fiddle" . Production machines need access to more features...etc
Can you please provide some specifics in what can also be locked? The UAC feature will be improved in the next major update so any comments on this will be useful and be taken into account while devleoping.

A good thing would be that the change of user already changes to the profile and thus removing this issue of changing users and then changing profiles

A good thing would be that the change of user already changes to the profile and thus removing this issue of changing users and then changing profiles
UAC users and profiles are separate entities. Many users have a single profile and many UAC users with different rights.

I find myself setting up RB only as a live assistant.
I appreciate the new permissions added, but I feel like there are more restrictions missing.

1708448228366.png

I would like to be able to lock all options or allow that menu to be hidden.

1708448526260.png

be able to disable options as needed.
Those options could also be hidden.

The intention is to leave the simplest options activated for the user.
especially if there is work previously configured.

be able to disable options as needed.
Those options could also be hidden.

The intention is to leave the simplest options activated for the user.
especially if there is work previously configured.
If a user doesn't have rights - those commands will throw an error and do nothing. Hiding them will be somewhat complicated.

It could create more options for the user.
The option I would like to separate is "edit playlist"

Edit playlist
1708568093233.png

Edit playlist menu
1708568173839.png

What I want is to simply lock the "playlist menu".
1708568173839.png

I think we have to differentiate the “playlist menu” and the “playlist” where we add the programming.
1708616536347.png

Attachments

• 1708616494490.png
    1708616494490.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 20
What I want is to simply lock the "playlist menu".
It's not really possible as the same commands may be called using hot keys or right-click playlist menu. Is there a specific command in this menu which you would like to disable?

The "edit playlist" permission is supposed to allow/disallow playlist modifications by the user; in includes the commands in the Playlist menu too.

Edit playlist menu
1708568173839.png

I would like to deactivate all of them, which ones could we deactivate?
1708624862377.png

Perhaps they could be disabled separately, so one can decide which option to disable.

Perhaps they could be disabled separately, so one can decide which option to disable.
I'm not sure I see a use case for it. This will complicate the user management a lot, and, essentially, this will not really work. For example the "Insert playlist" command will essentially allow inserting anything (because playlist contents can have anything), same for the "Add command" item.
Can you please specify what is the task here? Maybe there's another solution exists.

My goal is to work only from the playlist.
1708715861199.png

that the user can only edit and play the list, just that.

Do you want to prevent them from adding tracks? If they have "Edit playlist" rights, they will still be able to drag items there, or use the "Rename track" command to make it point to some other item (e.g. playlist) with anything they want to add.

Do you want to prevent them from adding tracks? If they have "Edit playlist" rights, they will still be able to drag items there, or use the "Rename track" command to make it point to some other item (e.g. playlist) with anything they want to add.
What I want to prevent them from using is:
  • Track Tool
  • Segue Editor
  • Pack into container
  • Tools

I think this can be added to the Permissions section in the future - noted for the future versions.

Back