more user management permission options.

lughsan

Hello Dimitry, how are you?

I am testing the latest version of RB 6.2.4.2 which I add to the forum.
Also look at previous versions.

I noticed that in user management more permissions are needed for certain jobs.

I was looking for a way that a user could just: browse songs, hit activate and manual, and modify the song list.
Thinking of a user who is working live.

This was the most I managed to modify:

1676252145179.png

It would be nice to add options to disable the following:

1676252783920.png

1: disable all options or hide.
2: disable all options or hide.
3: turn off volume up or down.

In this way, only the options to work live will remain active, either on the radio or in any company.

leaving active only the options of:

1 - button activate or manual.
2 - run now button.
3 - playback control (it can play an audio, but the song playback is not altered, it plays the full audio when it runs).
4 - edit playlist.
5 - Browser in Library or Folder.

1676255520280.png

Basically the idea is to have more permissions to modify a user account and manage to adapt it to the desired environment.

Greetings, Dimitri.

Wow, Lughsan I can see a reason to not give access to settings as well as a few others, but that said anything is great. Dimitri preferably I would like the %lyrics added as a report variable. I would not disable the whole access to the whole thing but allow a user to view the greyed-out menus. Why would you disable the log and playlist that makes no sense what if the playing file is corrupt?

Also Lughsan, Dimitri the options you are looking to hide things might be on the 'view' menu. I believe the volume is only controlling the monitor and most of us have it set at 0 gain. If you are using a DSP this will be dealt with elsewhere via the DSP.

Wow, Lughsan I can see a reason to not give access to settings as well as a few others, but that said anything is great. Dimitri preferably I would like the %lyrics added as a report variable. I would not disable the whole access to the whole thing but allow a user to view the greyed-out menus. Why would you disable the log and playlist that makes no sense what if the playing file is corrupt?
Hi HMMMM.

Personally, I see it according to the needs of each person or company.

Also Lughsan, Dimitri the options you are looking to hide things might be on the 'view' menu. I believe the volume is only controlling the monitor and most of us have it set at 0 gain. If you are using a DSP this will be dealt with elsewhere via the DSP.
I couldn't find a way to disable or hide these menus.
from the view menu, it is not possible, no option appears.

I think it would be nice if 1 and 2 could be disabled based on the programmer's needs or hidden somehow.
within the user permissions it is possible to block, the problem is that later it does not allow the use of the basic reproduction parameters.

1676252783920-png.12847

One of the permissions that I would modify in the next versions is:
Modify scheduled events
I would create two permissions
1 - button activate or manual (For the live user.).
2 -
Modify scheduled events (for the programmer).

Hi there again I think Dimitry added some in the 'User(live)' menu at right hand side of your screen already. You need to create a login on that try disable everything and see what you get. Am not using scheduled events currently but they look useful.

Hi again Lughsan, just a thought regarding all this management stuff. Do you have you a way of preventing the machine being shut down just a thought as this could all be take-off air if you don't have some security on your o/s too. You really would require restart /shut down disabled cmd prompt , Task Manager just to name a few.

Hi HMMMM.

Personally, I see it according to the needs of each person or company.

I couldn't find a way to disable or hide these menus.
from the view menu, it is not possible, no option appears.

I think it would be nice if 1 and 2 could be disabled based on the programmer's needs or hidden somehow.
within the user permissions it is possible to block, the problem is that later it does not allow the use of the basic reproduction parameters.

1676252783920-png.12847

One of the permissions that I would modify in the next versions is:
Modify scheduled events
1 - button activate or manual (For the live user.).
2 - Modify scheduled events (for the programmer).
complementing the next modifications.

Playback control
1 - play songs from the playlist. (For the live user.).
2 - Playback control (for the programmer).

Edit playlist

1 - move, delete, add songs to playlist. (For the live user.).
2 - Edit playlist (for the programmer).

Another idea that was occurring to me.
block the events that are running, be it music or ad blocks.
that the scheduler can block the list executed in the event.
that the live user is not able to move, delete or alter the list of songs, or advertising.

You can even add a color to the played event in the playlist to differentiate the automatic work of RB "Scheduler", from the manually played songs "Live User"

complementing the next modifications.

Playback control

Edit playlist

Another idea that was occurring to me.
that the live user is not able to move, delete or alter the list of songs, or advertising.

You can even add a color to the played event in the playlist to differentiate the automatic work of RB "Scheduler", from the manually played songs "Live User"
a quick example.

1676296133203.png

Music Event: when run, it can add color to the background of the text or font.
Advertising Events: when run, it can add color to the background of the text or font.
live user without color: without any color, the live user understands that it is manual programming (songs from 8 to 11.).

What is the difference between playback control and playing songs?

Hmm, the same question here, editing the playlist is essentially move/delete/add... commands.

If user has permission to play they can always start some other track in the playlist. If one's determined to do something bad, they'll certainly find a way to do it, regardless of the permissions.

Music Event: when run, it can add color to the background of the text or font.
Advertising Events: when run, it can add color to the background of the text or font.
live user without color: without any color, the live user understands that it is manual programming (songs from 8 to 11.).
This is already possible using the file types feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
Also, tracks that are inserted from the scheduled events, are marked with a small "clock" icon.

What is the difference between playback control and playing songs?
The name is an example, I mean assign permission to the following:

1676423266623.png

In future versions it would be nice to add a permission to that playback zone or to be able to block, delay or advance the song that is being played.
live users are sometimes curious or simply because they want to and without permission they can decide to cut a song.
Is it possible to know in RB if a song was cut?
To avoid conflicts with "live users", it's better to give the option if the "Scheduler" wants to turn that feature on or off.

Hmm, the same question here, editing the playlist is essentially move/delete/add... commands.
The name is an example, I mean assign permission to the following:

1676424521582.png

allow disable that menu for "live users"
is to disable all the functions that can be used.
allow move, delete, add songs to playlist in this zone:

1676425016877.png

Like the previous answer. that the "programmer"
decide if you want to enable features.

If user has permission to play they can always start some other track in the playlist. If one's determined to do something bad, they'll certainly find a way to do it, regardless of the permissions.
I understand.
This is already possible using the file types feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
Also, tracks that are inserted from the scheduled events, are marked with a small "clock" icon.
Great Dimitry, I just learned something new.

In summary:
I understand that regardless of permissions, a "living user" if they have bad intentions can find a way to do it.
but I think it would be nice to add more permissions so that RB adapts to whatever environment it's used in.

I think in future versions it would be great if the "scheduler" could block or hide the following:

1676252783920-png.12847

But the most urgent thing is where number 2 comes out.
I think that everyone who uses RB to run their events may be exposed to some malicious person tampering or modifying their work.
disabling 2 would give more security to the "programmer"
imagining a radio or company of any type where there are many users who do not have to have those options active.

allow disable that menu for "live users"
There's a permission that effectively disables this "Edit playlist" - it disables most of the commands there.

In future versions it would be nice to add a permission to that playback zone or to be able to block, delay or advance the song that is being played.
This is already possible with the "Playback control" permission. Users without this permissions will not be able to seek a track.

I think in future versions it would be great if the "scheduler" could block or hide the following:
The "Modify scheduled events" permission does that. Users won't be able to add/edit/change events.
Hiding the menu doesn't make a lot of sense as most of the commands there are already covered by existing permissions.

There's a permission that effectively disables this "Edit playlist" - it disables most of the commands there.
That's right, but the idea is not to disable the possibility of managing this zone:

1676466705611.png

the idea is that the "live user" can use that area to manage the songs.

This is already possible with the "Playback control" permission. Users without this permissions will not be able to seek a track.
the same problem as in the previous answer.

1676466705611.png

If I disable "play control", it doesn't allow to use the playlist, so the "live user" can't work on it.

The "Modify scheduled events" permission does that. Users won't be able to add/edit/change events.
Hiding the menu doesn't make a lot of sense as most of the commands there are already covered by existing permissions.
the same problem as in the previous answer.

1676467055009.png

If I disable "modify scheduled events", it does not allow to use "On and Manual", so the "live user" cannot work in that zone.

That's right, but the idea is not to disable the possibility of managing this zone
I'm not sure it's possible this way. Either it's possible to edit a playlist, or it's not, as you proposed, disabling the menu bar - it doesn't change anything, they will still be able to make any changes to the playlist in an indirect way (using copy/paste/drag-n-drop and many other means).

Same question for playback control, can you please provide more details on this?

If I disable "modify scheduled events", it does not allow to use "On and Manual", so the "live user" cannot work in that zone.
A separate permission to only control on/manual state?

I'm not sure it's possible this way. Either it's possible to edit a playlist, or it's not, as you proposed, disabling the menu bar - it doesn't change anything, they will still be able to make any changes to the playlist in an indirect way (using copy/paste/drag-n-drop and many other means).
It would be nice if this possibility existed in future versions.
Same question for playback control, can you please provide more details on this?
Let me explain, I would like to create a separate permission for this area:

1676423266623.png

In a nutshell, I want to disable the "live user" from being able to go back or forward an audio.

The problem occurs when I disable "playback control":

1676466705611-png.12854

I can't use the playlist.

That's why I think it would be useful to create a new permission or some way to disable this zone:

1676423266623.png

It would help to guarantee the complete reproduction of the programmed events, be they advertising or musical.

A separate permission to only control on/manual state?
It would be ideal in future versions to create a permission.

It would help to guarantee the complete reproduction of the programmed events, be they advertising or musical.
It doesn't prevent them from pressing the "next track" button or delete all tracks from the playlist, for instance.

Last edited:
It doesn't prevent them from pressing the "next track" button or delete all tracks from the playlist, from instance.
That's right, that's why we need to find a way to create a "live wizard" for RB, in fact it could be a template with functions just for that job.

That's right, that's why we need to find a way to create a "live wizard" for RB, in fact it could be a template with functions just for that job.
I guess there needs to be more gradual control over the permitted actions. If they are allowed to control the playlist (typical actions like play/next/stop) why prevent them seeking a track? If you allow playback control means they are trusted. And without playback control, they won't be able to run live broadcast.

I guess there needs to be more gradual control over the permitted actions. If they are allowed to control the playlist (typical actions like play/next/stop) why prevent them seeking a track? If you allow playback control means they are trusted. And without playback control, they won't be able to run live broadcast.
I understand. My intention is to present these ideas, I hope you can analyze them for future versions.

Back