Music Library database

mikenico

For some reason the music library looses its database, its very frustrating to rescan the whole music directory only to find it does not hold it even after saving, if a saved  Xml file this is what I get see photo

please can you look into this asap

version that am running is :5.5.4.0

Attachments

• radioboss music library xml files.jpg
    radioboss music library xml files.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 377
Can you please specify what's missing, does it misses one of the library files you save, or the file is there but it's empty?

Hi Dimtry,

As you can see from the photos, if I load the XML file there is nothing in them, if I do a search for a song  does nothing  its as if the xml are curupt  or not being read. if I re scan the hard drive for mp3s and save the file it will work, but once I exit the radio boss then reopen I get what you see in the photo

Hope that helps

From your image no one can see the content of XML files.
First of all check if XML files have content.

Craciun_RO_xml.jpg

I will check that later, but that is what I think is the problem is  there is no content regardless of scanning the  folder with mp3s then saving. or in this case its not?

mikenico said:
I will check that later, but that is what I think is the problem is  there is no content regardless of scanning the  folder with mp3s then saving. or in this case its not?
Causes of empty content when open xml file library:
  • Empty xml files;
  • Changed location of *.mp3's (folders or files moved in other location);
  • Changed folder name;
  • Changed mp3's file name.

mikenico said:
If you can't add files to the music library, make sure that you have necessary file types enabled: in the Add menu make sure either or both Add Audio files or Add Video files are checked.

ok Nov and Dec 2016 databases Xml files were not empty but when either was loaded showed no date, I have now rescanned the whole music folder and re-saved so far so good, I will keep an eye on it and will report if it fails .

Back