Music Library Database Issues

I suspect a corruption in the MariaDB 10.4 database. Some of the files when selected through a tracklist seem to lose their additional information.

1. Using Heidi SQL, I see there are two files called Tracks and Tracks 2. Maybe the first one is a leftover from the earlier XML music library and should be deleted?
2. Does RB keep the "play count" times in the database or somewhere else in RB?
3. What is the safest way to backup the music library, rebuild the database and restore the data? Does RB settings backup store the database as well?
4. When I run makelibrary [Folder] it deletes all entries in the said library - is this normal?
5. When adding files to the database does it matter if one uses a mapped drive instead of the full folder address?

If you could help me understand these issues I will attempt some database maintenance. Thank you!

Last edited:
1. Using Heidi SQL, I see there are two files called Tracks and Tracks 2. Maybe the first one is a leftover from the earlier XML music library and should be deleted?
"tracks" is an older table from previous RadioBOSS versions. You can delete it.

2. Does RB keep the "play count" times in the database or somewhere else in RB?
If you have chosen database as information storage, then the data is only stored there and nowhere else.

3. What is the safest way to backup the music library, rebuild the database and restore the data? Does RB settings backup store the database as well?
It only makes a backup of SQLite database, but if you use MySQL you should create a backup of it yourself. HeidiSQL should have means of exporting entire database in SQL (this is the backup). You can also create a scheduled event in RadioBOSS that calls mysql backup utility to make a backup if you want to automate the process.

4. When I run makelibrary [Folder] it deletes all entries in the said library - is this normal?
Makelibrary creates a new library, and if the library already exists, it's cleared (the actual process is much more complex, it's not simply delete and create new, it's performed in stages).

5. When adding files to the database does it matter if one uses a mapped drive instead of the full folder address?
Yes, it matters because paths to the files will differ, and paths are used to tie additional information with music tracks.
\\Computer\Folder\Track.mp3 and Z:\Folder\Track.mp3 (provided that Z is a mapped drive) are different tracks in program's view.

\\Computer\Folder\Track.mp3 and Z:\Folder\Track.mp3 (provided that Z is a mapped drive) are different tracks in program's view.
So when I create a playlist, to ensure the tracks have been processed via the music library, I should select "library" rather than a folder?

So when I create a playlist, to ensure the tracks have been processed via the music library, I should select "library" rather than a folder?
It doesn't matter. If a track was processed in the music library, the data is stored in the database and is accessible regardless what track source you use.

Back