Music Lybrary check folder content and update the library

pety

Hi Dmitry

I was thinking about a very usefull function in Music Library (if I remember well that was an old request).
I make libraries from speciffic folders. After complete add tracks from a folder I save all as new library.

I repeat this operation every time I add a track (or many) to a folder.
Wouldn't be great to add a function in Music Library to check the content of a folder (or subs too) and to update the Library?

That will give us peace and faster easier way to update a Library.

You can achieve so by using the makelibrary command: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm it will recreate the library from folders. Schedule this command at night and you'll always have up-to-date libraries.

The next version of music library will allow to schedule this command in a more convenient way, using the graphical UI instead of manually creating an event.

Until "The next version of music library will allow to schedule this command in a more convenient way, using the graphical UI instead of manually creating an event", can be used a command in a bat file?

There is a problem with makelibrary.
It doesn't know how to manage with spaces in paths and in names.

For example:
makelibrary Muzica Italiana.xml|D:\Muzica veche\MUSICA ITALIA-MOMENTI FELICI

Attachments

• makelibrary_failed.jpg
    makelibrary_failed.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 384
pety said:
Until "The next version of music library will allow to schedule this command in a more convenient way, using the graphical UI instead of manually creating an event", can be used a command in a bat file?
No - this command can be used from RadioBOSS's scheduler only.

pety said:
There is a problem with makelibrary.
It doesn't know how to manage with spaces in paths and in names.
This should've been mentioned in the help file. If the path includes spaces, it has to be enclosed in quotes:

makelibrary Muzica Italiana.xml|"D:\Muzica veche\MUSICA ITALIA-MOMENTI FELICI"

Sorry - as the library name itself also contains spaces, it has to be enclosed in quotes too:

makelibrary "Muzica Italiana.xml"|"D:\Muzica veche\MUSICA ITALIA-MOMENTI FELICI"

djsoft said:
Sorry - as the library name itself also contains spaces, it has to be enclosed in quotes too:

makelibrary "Muzica Italiana.xml"|"D:\Muzica veche\MUSICA ITALIA-MOMENTI FELICI"
Yes, it worked.Thanks !

Back