Need Help with the Database.

Pi3.something

I believe I made a backup of my database, but now, none of my titles show any of the edits I have made, previous play dates, or anything. I am just a DJ in an online game, and I have little previous knowledge about what I am doing. I have been winging it for three years. If anybody could kindly help, I would appreciate it.

A little more info...I got a "No Database Connection." I left it alone for an hour or so, restarted it two times and still had no connection. I reindexed my main folder and all of my tunes are back, in raw form. Please save me from editing all of them. Sadly, I don't have the lingo for all the technical stuff, ask me questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability, but please help me.

I use SQLite in Radio Boss. The folder has not been moved. What I do have is a current Music Library of my entire holding open and showing tags and last played information. Should I export that file to my player? But before I do anything, I need to know that it is ok to do.

I use SQLite in Radio Boss. The folder has not been moved. What I do have is a current Music Library of my entire holding open and showing tags and last played information. Should I export that file to my player? But before I do anything, I need to know that it is ok to do.
Can you please specify what end result is needed, do you need to move everything to another computer?

I went ahead and did what I could. I ended up moving the library to a different computer. i have lost all of my tags, play history and possibly my saved playlists, and editing. I am discouraged that I was unable to get more assistance than one question per day. So now I have hours of work ahead of me, work that I have already done. This form of support failed me.

Thats really strange Pi3 it should not lose your tags that's weird as they are embedded in MP3 music. The back-up system in Radio Boss is fantastic from the working version you can back up on Settings>> Setting Back Up Restore You can save a Backup anywhere even to USB key and import it into Radioboss Elsewhere. The only thing to watch is you have same directory structure for everything on new machine. P.S Radio Boss does not back up your music just its settings.

Last edited:
The data is not lost, but if you stored additional information in the database, it's tied to music tracks by file path - so on another computer the paths to music files must be the same. Meaning the music must be on the same drive letter and in the same folder.

Thats really strange Pi3 it should not lose your tags that's weird as they are embedded in MP3 music.
It used to be like this in older versions, now it uses database because it's much faster than reading the tags. Storing in tags is still available in case it's needed.

Update....I now CANNOT broadcast, Radio Boss will not connect. It is NOT my stream. It is NOT a firewall. I asked a friend to test my stream, and he was able to connect with what he uses. I suspect it is a license issue, I own two licenses for Radio Boss. I have a set Monday night that I must be ready for and I am scared I won't be able to do it. I need for my issue to be expedited. Is there a way?

The error I get is E20 - cannot start broadcasting. Illegal parameter, please check settings. When I look in Settings under Broadcast, everything is correct and instead of "connected" in green, I see "connecting" in RED.

I suspect it is a license issue, I own two licenses for Radio Boss.
License does not affect streaming - except when you have bought RadioBOSS Express, an edition without streaming capabilities.

The error I get is E20 - cannot start broadcasting. Illegal parameter, please check settings. When I look in Settings under Broadcast, everything is correct and instead of "connected" in green, I see "connecting" in RED.
This means that either - the settings are not correct, or connection to the server is not possible for some network reasons (server doesn't accept the connection, your computer does not allow outgoing connection, etc). But network issues typically result in other error codes - 40 (timeout) or 2 (server inaccessible). In your case, it's likely incorrect configuration.
You should check the connection settings.

But, if I try to use Radio Boss without a license, will it still try to connect to a server? You tell me to check connection settings and I have. It's like a car won't start and you tell me to look under the hood.

But, if I try to use Radio Boss without a license, will it still try to connect to a server? You tell me to check connection settings and I have. It's like a car won't start and you tell me to look under the hood.
"Without a license" means it's a trial version downloaded from our web site, or it means cracked version downloaded from somewhere? If the latter, we can't, obviously, offer any assistance with it.

If you use RadioBOSS that's downloaded from our web site, its streaming is guaranteed to work. There's no bug or whatever preventing it from connecting. The only reasons for it not being able to connect lie outside of our/RadioBOSS's control: it's either incorrect settings, or network problems.

Settings: check what settings need to be used with your streaming provider. You can post a screenshot of your configuration here.

Network: check any firewall or other possible issues. Check that the server is operating.

Back