Not connecting with Live365 Server

radiowayne said:
Leo,  you have broadcast enabled checked.  For server 1 there is another box that says enable.  Try checking that.

Wayne G. aka radiowayne

Thanks for the input Wayne, I unchecked that otherwise it would just keep trying to connect and of course, failing. Does the server and port look correct though.

OBTW, I was/am using Bamman's program to send track data and that works flawlessly.

I have had a support ticket with Live365 for about 2 days on this issue and all I have received from them is an automated reply :-\. Hopefully, there is a setting or something I am missing on my end.

TheBigDawg said:
I have had a support ticket with Live365 for about 2 days on this issue and all I have received from them is an automated reply :-\. Hopefully, there is a setting or something I am missing on my end.
The only setting you can try from RadioBOSS is to check "Alternative method for Shoutcast title update" option.
As I noticed, it disconnects when you try to play something from radioboss. I.e. if you don't play anything, it'll stay connected. Maybe, it disconnects because of track title being sent...
Also make sure broadcasting format matches what you set in Live365 control panel (MP3, 128kbit).

I will try that at a time when there are no listeners. My station on Live365 is currently set at 64k mp3PRO because it is in relay from Loudcaster and that's what they state is required. I want it to broadcast at 128k.  I am sure it is something simple. I am used to software that is proprietary with Live365 and the set up consists of just entering a username and password.

Maybe you can do something like Sam does to set up a Live365 broadcast. This might increase sales for your software. Just an observation ;D

Thanks for suggestion.
Yes, that's the way RadioBOSS works with Loudcaster (you just enter Loudcaster login/password and it fills all the settings automatically). Of course we can do something like this for Live365 too, but I didn't found any info about their API - will contact them later about this.

Back