Not connecting with Live365 Server

z100internet

RadioBOSS is not connecting to the Live365 server. I had this same issue before and the problem was fixed. It says it connects to the server but doesn't send any data to it, then disconnects, and trys again. My station has been down since Thursday...please help ASAP.....Thank you

Do you have an older version? Please try using it for now.
Also, this is very strange problem, because there were no changes in the broadcasting for a long time...

I was using the older version and that's what happened, then I upgraded (thinking that would fix the problem) and it still will not connect. Sometimes you can see where it stats to encode data but then drops it about 5 secs into the broadcast. I tryed re-loading the older version and still, the same problem.

Looks like they changed something at Live365. They're using some kind of modified Shoutcast server (or even they use their own server, which is compatible with Shoutcast). That's what produces problems. Please send server info/password to support@djsoft.net - so we could run some tests on it. Thank you!

I want to buy radioboss, but will it work with live365? I have basic personal package, and would like to do a live relay using radioboss. Please let me know if radioboss is currently working with like 365 so i can buy this or not. Thanks

It used to work some time ago, but now it doesn't (after they updated servers at Live365). Currently we are trying to solve this.

We checked the issue with Live 365 and they say, the problem is that you try to connect to the server more than once. I.e. you have one "live" connection and trying to establish another. Please check this.

It should work, as Live365 supposed to be compatible with Shoutcast protocol. But I can not say exactly if it work or not, because we do not use Live365 servers.

Radioboss is still not working with Live365 yet. It used to. I have been trying to connect the same way I always have when it used to work, and all it does is "connect to server" and then immediately after says "Connection/encoder died...restarting" It somehow is not sending the data to the server. I had this problem in the beginning of March, and it was fixed.

So you haven't made it work? 

I got it to work on relay mode by just putting in my ip address and port number on the live 365 relay settings. The only problem is that i am not getting listed in live 365 because radioboss or shoutcast is not sending the data for from the playlist. The music goes through but the artist song name dont, so live wont listed my station even though it is live.

Does it list your station in the directory though? If your station goes so long without any track (artist/title) information, your station will be played, but not listed in the live365 directory, which makes getting listeners for your station nearly impossible. Live365 pays royalties to each song you play which is why it needs that information displayed. There is a fix for using radioboss with live365 at the time, but it isn't the best, nor is it the way it should work. This fix might work well in your case where the music is being played, just not sending the information. A member of Live365 has created a link to send the data track information to the live365 server which might work well for you. I have noticed, however that you need to "reset" the application every-so-often, or it stops sending the information, which will stop your station from being listed. The link for the software is http://www.jazzfunkrock.com/downloads/RTL365WinRB/ - just install and complete your Live365 user information along with the Radioboss data path for "now playing" to send the data to the Live365 servers. Like I said, this is a temp fix....it would be great if Radioboss was working like it was a month or so, but try this for now...

RadioBOSS works the same way as it was before. Problem is, that Nanocaster (server which is used at Live 365) was updated recently.
We tried to broadcast using Winamp and Simplecast - no success, same as RadioBOSS, it immediately disconnects from server after sending some data.

Is there a fix in the works so we can set up an encoder that works with Live365? I would like to be able to stream to both Loudcaster and Live365. The relay from Loudcaster is only for 64k and the sound quality is not very good.

Thanks for any info in advance.
Leo

TheBigDawg said:
Is there a fix in the works so we can set up an encoder that works with Live365? I would like to be able to stream to both Loudcaster and Live365. The relay from Loudcaster is only for 64k and the sound quality is not very good.

Thanks for any info in advance.
Leo
RadioBOSS itself cannot connect to Live365 servers? If not, what error message it gives?

I get it to send track info fine, but the stream it's self wont work. I get the error "Connection/encoder died (Output2). Restarting........"  Then it says "Connected to server!(Output2)" then right back to the first error.

connect.jpg

The server and port are no longer valid. These numbers I got from my broadcast page at Live365 when I switched to Live broadcast mode.

settings.jpg

Leo,  you have broadcast enabled checked.  For server 1 there is another box that says enable.  Try checking that.

Wayne G. aka radiowayne

Back