ON AIR Status indicator

eddr

Hello,

I think this has been asked for before, but I can no longer find the thread after trying to search...

Can the 'ON AIR' indicator be made to represent whether stream(s) are currently connected or not? I think the old thread mentioned how it would not be possible due to having multiple streams but it could be as follows:

1) If all streams are connected, 'ON AIR' is set to a colour to indicate all is OK (RED or GREEN)
2) If one or more defined streams are not connected, the 'ON AIR' colour could be set to AMBER/YELLOW or something?
3) If all defined streams are not connected, it could be set to another colour to represent this, or flash or something.

Another way to do it may be to have how many streams are connected in the text, so for example if 2 streams are defined and both connected, it would say 'ON AIR 2/2'

Thanks

You can see the fact that one of the encoders is not connected if there are periodical (every 10 seconds by default) red error messages in the log saying "Unable to connect". However, making "ON AIR" yellow when one or more of the encoders are not connected seems a good idea to me.

Great! It's just easier to inform someone that the ON AIR should be red and if it's yellow, it's not connected (rather than directing them at the log/event text).

Thanks!

Back