Please add a red dot or something smaller than ON AIR

Viafiber.se

Is it possible to make a feature to change the size to ON AIR (I might have missed something)?

1700213829090.png

Please add something like OBS when OBS is streaming, a little red dot, to RadioBOSS, to show you are connected to the streanm server.

1700213993771.png

The size of that is fixed, why do you want to change it?

1700222910086.png

I have on this dedicated machine 8 RadioBOSS running (this machine will shortly run 16 RadioBOSS) and connect with RDP. Using RDP will chyange screen resolution as U login to the remote machine. An alternative is to be able to remove/hide more icons. I think, may be no one else, that the ON AIR is to big, and I like to be able to make RadioBOSS as small as possible when it's running auto.

Looks like you connect from a device with a very small screen. Even if On AIR size is changed, still, the rest of RadioBOSS window won't look good. On your screenshot I see the problem is that some toolbar icons are overlapped, but if you don't need those then you can ignore this problem.

Looks like you connect from a device with a very small screen. Even if On AIR size is changed, still, the rest of RadioBOSS window won't look good. On your screenshot I see the problem is that some toolbar icons are overlapped, but if you don't need those then you can ignore this problem.

Well NO, unless you consider 3440x1440 or bigger small, i have no small scrrens, I have 3 big dito so i have to inform you that you are wrong. As you use RDP to a Win 2022 server there are limitations to what you can do with the GPU/Screen settings.
We have an entire server cabinet in our server room that handles our streaming. Most of the servers are LINUX, but since RadioBOSS is running on Linux servers, we chose to install 4 Windows 2022 Servers where we can easily use RadioBOSS. Once or a couple of times a day, someone from our team logs into these Windows servers to check that everything is functioning as it should.

Depending on the screen resolution of the computer used for logging in via RDP, the size of the server I/we connect to is adjusted. If you log in with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, the desktop on that server will be the same. As you can see in the picture, I am using 3440 x 1440.

When we check our streams, we are only interested in a couple of things.
  1. That the playlist is playing
  2. That we are in contact /connected to the Linux server(s) that handle Shoutcast, Icecast, RTMP, HLS, DASH, MPEG-TS, MSS, M4F, M4S.
You mention that "still, the rest of RadioBOSS window won't look good," and I don't understand what you mean by that. What you think looks bad may be something that I or we think looks good?".

I was only asking for a feature/change if possible, it's not the end of the world. In your answer yoi wrote "We'll consider that for the future." when I asked for the little red dot on the icon and I was happy with that. We like suggestions all day long our end and constructive things we do love.

Let's leave the subject and I will crawl back and just read instead of posting wishes or any kind of suggestions. I will ask another person within our company to post about the beta if you are interested in feedback on the beta version. I feel like we do not see eye to eye and i am 100 % sure it's all on me. :)

1700293037935.png

Since i am at home in my computer mancave I'll post a pic on my nerd setup showing my small screens with "not so big resolution" 3440x1440.

1700292407264.png

1700292589294.png

1700294103434.png

My cat "Sissie" say hallo!

1700294791548.jpeg

Well NO, unless you consider 3440x1440 or bigger small, i have no small scrrens, I have 3 big dito so i have to inform you that you are wrong. As you use RDP to a Win 2022 server there are limitations to what you can do with the GPU/Screen settings.
I meant screen space dedicated to RadioBOSS window is very small. I see you have multiple RadioBOSS windows side by side, and each of them is very small.

The cat is very cute so I think we need to come with some solution, making On Air sign smaller makes little sense to me, so I think of Toolbar buttons that can be hidden, the candidates are clipboard buttons (cut/copy/paste) and track addition buttons.

By the way if you need to merely check the status, and you're familiar with writing scripts / can hire someone to do the job, you can use RadioBOSS API: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm - it allows checking playback and streaming status (playbackinfo and encoderstatus commands, respectively) and do lots of other things.

Back