playlist generator - rating

Hello
I have two questions.
- There are two places where its possbile to define seetings how to generat a playlist. On the level of the categorie under "nicht wiederholen" or on the level of the playlist generator under "Einstellungen" (See printscreens). Why are there two different ways to do it and which one is better to use?

- And then also on the level of the categories its possible to set the priorities. We put a tick there (see printscreen below) and have put a rating (1 to 10) at some songs. But it seems to have no influence of how often the song is playd?

Thank you for your support
Daniel

Attachments

• 1611932138866.png
    1611932138866.png
    307.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 1611932298109.png
    1611932298109.png
    283 KB · Views: 230
  • 1611932413694.png
    1611932413694.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:
- There are two places where its possbile to define seetings how to generat a playlist. On the level of the categorie under "nicht wiederholen" or on the level of the playlist generator under "Einstellungen" (See printscreens). Why are there two different ways to do it and which one is better to use?
One is general settings for all categories, and you can have own repeat protection settings for any specific category, e.g. disable repeat protection for station ID category.

- And then also on the level of the categories its possible to set the priorities. We put a tick there (see printscreen below) and have put a rating (1 to 10) at some songs. But it seems to have no influence of how often the song is playd?
It changes the probabilities of tracks to be added in the playlist. You can read more about it here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen-cat3.htm

One is general settings for all categories, and you can have own repeat protection settings for any specific category, e.g. disable repeat protection for station ID category.

It changes the probabilities of tracks to be added in the playlist. You can read more about it here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen-cat3.htm

As a exapple: when I have repeat protection settings in a category for songs not to be repeatet for 10 days and then set the priorities of a song to 10, this song still wont play before 10 days again? And when I put a priotirtiy 1 for a song i might be playd after 20 days again?

See attachements... in the playlist Generator there should be the same options in the specific category (Nicht wiederholen) as in the gereral settings (Einstellungen)

Attachments

• Playlist Generator Einstellungen.jpg
    Playlist Generator Einstellungen.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 215
  • Playlist Generator Nicht wiederholen.jpg
    Playlist Generator Nicht wiederholen.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 215
When I have repeat protection settings for songs not to be repeatet for 10 days and then set the priorities of a song to 10, this song still wont play before 10 days again? And when I put a priotirtiy 1 for a song i might be playd after 20 days again?

It uses the "Similar artist" and "Multiple artists" options in the category repeat protection as well, if you have it enabled in the General settings.

Back