Playlist Generator Rotation

Sarastro

Dear All.

my english might not be perfect. Trying my best. I am from Germany.

I am struggling with Playlist generation and a balanced music rotation.

I did read already read several forum threads about this topic.
But nothing really satisfying until now.

I think I dont really understand the priority thing.
Before I used to generate playlists with Station Playlist Creator and the result was perfectly for me.

First time I started RadioBoss i didnt have any rules in priority, only in do not repeat with .. hours.

But I did hear every hour more or less same songs.

Did make some rules proposes from the forum.
Worked several days but some songs did appear every hour.
Even if i set the rule - do not repeat file within 5 hours !?

Now I did find some suggestions to say:
reduce by 50 not played 1 / 3 / 7 days ago.
But now I see songs not played several days and aswell more or less same song every two hours and mostly on the same time spot, which is annoying.

Is there anybody who have a good template for a good working rotation schedule and priority rules
and like to share it with this community
so that I or someone else can copy it and tryout ?

Songs in daylie rotation in different rotation groups approx. 420 songs
Night program lounge and bar jazz approx. 280 songs

Night program not the issue! Day part rotation mix with 80s 90s etc. is not a round and well balanced rotation.

Help is appreaciated.

kind regards
Frank

Sarastro said:
Worked several days but some songs did appear every hour.
Even if i set the rule - do not repeat file within 5 hours !?
Please make sure there are no error messages when you create the playlist. Also make sure that you have enabled "Use the Last Played tag" on the Settings tab.
The "do not repeat track" rule works based on file name, so if you have the same song in different folders, it could be repeated as technically it's a different song. The artist and other rules work based on file tag information.
You should start using priorities when the basic setup is working, the repeat protection rules are actually working.
Please also make sure that you use the latest RadioBOSS.

Sarastro said:
reduce by 50 not played 1 / 3 / 7 days ago.
This rule will reduce probability for tracks that were not played recently, further increasing the chance for them not to be played.

Sarastro said:
Night program not the issue! Day part rotation mix with 80s 90s etc. is not a round and well balanced rotation.
You should start with creating appropriate categories and set up general no-repeat rules. If you get it working, then you can specify per-category repeat protection rules if needed and use priorities.

Back