Playlist Markers in Playlist Gen Pro

I would like to be able to create and schedule my own markers into my playlists, in Playlist Gen Pro.

By markers I mean a line of instruction for the announcer - for example, a line of text after three songs, saying 'Read the Weather here.'

I imagine it would need to be a 'category' in its own right. I have had some success, by typing over the top of the 'Stop' command in the ... tab under 'Tracks' in Gen Pro.

However, is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

James

You are doing it the right way, through the Add command window. I'm afraid there's no other way to add the comment... If there's any specific you would like to be changed, I think we can arrange that in the next RadioBOSS 5.3 release (e.g. a comment may also work as "stop" command).

Thanks for your reply.

I probably wouldn't make a command as an arbitary stop, because a live announcer needs to decide in each case whether he/she will actually talk or not. If they do wish to talk at that place, they can insert a stop or hit the Break button. (Of course, some will say that the opposite is easier - if they don't want to talk, to just delete the comment!)

In the ... menu, there is already Network stream and command. Perhaps Comment could be added as an option there.

what I had in mind, was a list of user defined comments that can be easily accessed, and added into the playlist structure as needed. Then, the comment does not have to be a category as such. If a comment is added at a particular place in the playlist structure, it will always appear in that position, in every playlist I generate (until of course, I take it out!).

Anyway, these are my thoughts. Hope it will not give you any sleepless nights!

Thanks for being open to ideas.

James

OK, noted for the future versions. Should be implemented in one of the next updates (feature list for the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.3 is already full...).

Back