Problems With 4.7.1

NounosSon

This is getting ridiculous. I installed the 4.7.1 update and then 8 hours later RadioBoss crashed. Then I restarted it and then 13 hours later it crashed very bad. I thought 4.7.1 was supposed fix all these problems not create new ones.

RadioBoss was working fine then an error code popped up and it stopped working. I couldn't play anything from the playlist. It wouldn't start. So I exited the program and reopened it. However though 2 RadioBosses opened. The one I just closed and a new one. I have prevent multiply ones check off in  the settings checked off. When I tried closing the new one it closed fine. Then when I tried closing the other one a anther error code popped up and it completely froze. I had to force close it from task manager. Please fix these problems or I will be forced to move to a new automation software!

Attachments

• RB Crash 6-2-12.png
    RB Crash 6-2-12.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 571
  • RB PROBLEM 6-2-12.png
    RB PROBLEM 6-2-12.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 569
  • another rb error.png
    another rb error.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 561
The RB 4.7.1 release solved problems for other users... And testing here shows that it is absolutely stable.

What is the PC configuration where you are running RadioBOSS and what is Windows version? Check that there are no other programs (or viruses) eating all memory or CPU resources, because "access violation at 00000000" usually means that there's not enough memory for operation.

I think you should do a fresh install, bring only scheduler events from the old installation (on the scheduler tab, click List->Save to save events to the file, and on a new installation click List->Load to load events).

Here are my system specs:
Computer Model: HP Pavilion P2-1105
Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 Bit
Processor: Intel Pentium Processor G620T 2.20GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 500GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
Sound Card: Realtek High Defenition Audio
Mic: AudioTechnica AT2020
Disk Drive: SuperMulti DVD Burner

The system had plenty of avaliable memory and the cpu was fine. RadioBoss thought it didn't. When it crashed I was able to open up other programs, folders, ect without any problem. The programs that were running during the crash were Audacity, Google Chrome, DropBox, Teamviewer, and RadioBoss. I keep the computer up to date with updates from Windows Update, keep my apps up to date, and virus software up to date. I ran Malware Bytes and Avast and didn't find any viruses.

I already tried a clean install when all these problems started 2 months ago when I got my new computer. I can try doing another clean install if I have too.

I am currently running Sam Broadcaster for now until RadioBoss is fixed. I have StereoTool for processing. It ran through the night and day without any problems. 

Thank you for the information. Currently we're trying to locate the source of problem... It seems only happen on some systems.

BTW you can use the "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" option in the settings. Just in case :)

djsoft said:
Thank you for the information. Currently we're trying to locate the source of problem... It seems only happen on some systems.

BTW you can use the "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" option in the settings. Just in case :)
It will be nice to give us a list with "recommended hardware requirements".

It should work on any computer which is able to run Windows (XP/2003 or better), especially in the "no sound" mode. And it does most times... but there are still problems on some computers - I'm sure those issues will be sorted out soon.

djsoft said:
It should work on any computer which is able to run Windows (XP/2003 or better), especially in the "no sound" mode. And it does most times... but there are still problems on some computers - I'm sure those issues will be sorted out soon.
What mean "no sound" mode ?

pety said:
When it used on a computer with no sound card (eg. a server) just to encode stream and send it to broadcasting server (Shoutcast, Icecast, ...).

djsoft said:
pety said:
When it used on a computer with no sound card (eg. a server) just to encode stream and send it to broadcasting server (Shoutcast, Icecast, ...).
That is very, very interesting! I think that works with a tested and stable version of RB. By the way: I saw that you add "Network playback buffer" (very good). What are the recommended settings for that option?

The latest version should work fine on the vast majority of computers. It's still possible to crash on some systems for various reasons... this is currently investigated and tested.

Regarding the network buffer - this setting has been added for unstable Internet connections, when speed is not enough sometimes to sustain playback. If you have good and Internet connection, you should leave it at its default setting - 5 seconds (5000 ms). Increase it in case you have problems, eg. playback of streams sometimes breaks.

Hello djsoft.

Is there any update on fixing the problems I reported? If you need more information, please let me know. I am using Sam Broadcaster as a back up. I want to switch back to RadioBoss when the problems are fixed because I like the playlist method of radio automation.

The new RadioBOSS 4.7.2 will be released today, you should try it. Regarding the crashes you've reported... it's difficult. Very few users still experience crashes, about 1 crash in 2-3 days.

As you're using Windows 7, it means that program uses WASAPI output by default. You can try switching to DirectSound (Settings->Playback->Main soundcard), probably this will help.

Alright. Every Sunday I do studio maintenance on all the equipment in the studio. I will switch back to RadioBoss and see how it runs. I have been using Sam Broadcaster for about 2 weeks and really like some of the features it has. What I like the most about it is that is has play decks and aux players. Can you add these to RadioBoss in a future update.   

NounosSon said:
Alright. Every Sunday I do studio maintenance on all the equipment in the studio. I will switch back to RadioBoss and see how it runs. I have been using Sam Broadcaster for about 2 weeks and really like some of the features it has. What I like the most about it is that is has play decks and aux players. Can you add these to RadioBoss in a future update.   
Yes. AUX players are planned for the near future, I'm not sure about decks yet.

This morning I switched back to RadioBoss. So far no problems. I love the improvements in 4.7.2. I love the improvements to the voice tracking feature the most. I am watching RadioBoss very carefully to see if any problems happen. I will let you know if any pop up.

NounosSon said:
This morning I switched back to RadioBoss. So far no problems. I love the improvements in 4.7.2. I love the improvements to the voice tracking feature the most. I am watching RadioBoss very carefully to see if any problems happen. I will let you know if any pop up.
That's good :)
Regarding the problems, it's a good idea to activate a "Restart program in case it crashes or hangs", just in case...

Back