RadioBOSS 4.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
southsound said:
i have sent the bug reports
It seems that there's memory corruption, but it's very hard to tell where the problem is...
Please tell me what features are you using: Winamp plugins, broadcasting, stream archive?
Do you have antivirus/firewall installed?
If possible, try running it on another computer.

Regarding Features i don't use any winamp plugins or stream archive, The only anti virus i use is avast and i turned that off and it still did the same.

Turning antivirus off actually doesn't turn it off completely - its driver still works in bypass mode. The problem is that driver - it hooks up with every process working on your system and sometimes causes random errors like in your case.

Sometimes a specific combination of drivers+hardware+software may lead to a problems.
Despite that we've tested RadioBOSS with Avast installed and there were no problems, I'd advice you to remove Avast completely and see if error messages continue to appear.

Another question, what sound card do you use?

Update RadioBOSS 4.6.0.882
Voice track support. Located under Playlist menu -> Voice-tracking.
"Record voice track" - allows to record, edit and save voice tracks. Voice tracks are saved in special folder.
"Insert voice track" - insert voice track to playlist. Voice track will be inserted after selected track.

For now it doesn't take into account intro/outro settings of tracks, but it will in the next version.

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.6_beta.exe

Hey djsoft

the record voice track does not work at all

the cursor does not move at all

can you fix that in the next version please

thanks

It works another way:
- you click Record button, talk (level meter on the right should show something)
- then you click Stop button; it will show the waveform of recorded signal, including cursor.
- edit it if you need using the Edit button
- Play button used to preview the track
- click "Save".

Note that Voice Track recorder uses RadioBOSS settings: MIC button device - used for recording, and Pre-listen device is used for preview.

Hey djsoft

on this new beta version of radioboss, the font on it is so huge

how can i fix that problem

and when someone broadcasts at 56k using this new version of radioboss it buffers alot for me

so can you fix that problem also please

Hi Dmitry

You have been working very hard. Thank you for the first version of RB with voice tracking capability.

It worked OK for me, and I was even able to set my voice to talk over the intro of the next song (using track tool).

I was pleased to see that my voice played back at the same volume as the music. I look forward to being able to set the voice track function so the voice ducks the volume of the music if both are playing at the same time. I realise that is on your to do list, so no hurry up from me :)

My initial thoughts as a person who has voice tracked for years - it would be wonderful to be able to streamline the recording and inserting process by using keyboard short cuts. if I have many voice tracks to record, that would make life easier (I sometimes have to record up to 36 voice tracks in one session).

Thanks again for your hard work on the development of RadioBOSS, and for working with us users to make this a really user friendly product.

All the best

James

bobby said:
on this new beta version of radioboss, the font on it is so huge
how can i fix that problem
Is it really huge? (you may post a screenshot) Font size now is 9px, 1px larger than before, but much easier to read.
Maybe a setting will be added allowing to change UI font size.

bobby said:
and when someone broadcasts at 56k using this new version of radioboss it buffers alot for me
It may be station problem and not RadioBOSS's... Buffering usually occurs because:
- your connection to the server is not fast enough
- server is overloaded and slow

James Totton said:
You have been working very hard. Thank you for the first version of RB with voice tracking capability.

James Totton said:
My initial thoughts as a person who has voice tracked for years - it would be wonderful to be able to streamline the recording and inserting process by using keyboard short cuts. if I have many voice tracks to record, that would make life easier (I sometimes have to record up to 36 voice tracks in one session).
It's now possible to streamline voice track recording in a single session:
Record -> Stop -> [optionally]Edit -> Save -> Record (this will start a new recording without any questions) -> Stop -> Save another voicetrack...
Hotkeys for Record/Stop/Save may help here.
What do you think best keys are? I'm thinking about F5 record, F6 stop (maybe F8 so buttons will not be nearby), F7 save (or maybe more common Ctrl+S for save).

Hey djsoft

when i broadcast on different encoder programs, those different encoder programs do not make my stream buffer at all

so i was right it is radioboss that making all of my streams buffer at me

so can you fix that in the next version please

thanks

Hey djsoft

here is the screenshot of my encoder settings

and i only use 1 encoder at a time

and i have 8 encoders setup on my radioboss program

thanks

Attachments

• buffering problems.png
    buffering problems.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 845
You probably need to decrease sample rate from 44100 to 22050.
44.1kHz is too much for such a low bitrate...

Hey djsoft

I tried your new idea from changing the sample rate from 44100 to 22050

but it still makes my streams buffer at me alot still

so i think there is a bug inside radioboss that needs to be fixed asap please

thanks

I don't think there's a bug - just got a trial from the same server you're using (wavestreaming), and it works just fine with the same setup as yours (MP3 stereo @ 56k with either 22050 or 44100 Hz). I suppose there's network problems at your side.

It's now possible to streamline voice track recording in a single session:
Record -> Stop -> [optionally]Edit -> Save -> Record (this will start a new recording without any questions) -> Stop -> Save another voicetrack...
Hotkeys for Record/Stop/Save may help here.
What do you think best keys are? I'm thinking about F5 record, F6 stop (maybe F8 so buttons will not be nearby), F7 save (or maybe more common Ctrl+S for save).
[/quote]

Thanks for this. I notice that F1 - F7 are the short cuts for opening the tabs on the left of the screen, so we might have to make the VT short cuts between F8 - F12.

Also, is there some way of quickly inserting the voice track in the correct place in the playlist? Sorry to add to your work load, but would it be possible even, for RadioBOSS to insert the voice track straight into the highlighted position once it is saved (ie: I hightlight where I want the VT to go, then start recording - then when I  save it inserts automatically).

Appreciate your thoughts. Have a great day.

The player hot keys are not active in the voice track window, so it's possible to set any keys there.

Yes, button "add to playlist" (or maybe call it "Save & Insert") will be added in the next update. It'll just insert VT after selected track in the playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back