RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
These are the settings in the seting
seting.png

So after a reboot does my radio boss from .. Without playlist!
noplaylistet.png

This is me now Displayed when I Start the new radio boss! In the 4.8 vrsion I had not the problem. The error occurred only in the 4.9 version!
plyinglist.png

mfg
Michael Kopens

This is how it's supposed to be - tracks with clock icon are not saved. It was changed in 4.9.

As I see, you start 5000 track playlist using scheduler event, so you can check the option in the event "Do not mark tracks as scheduled tracks".

Hello, i have small problem:
tracks that have a default background color in the list, lose their color to start playback.

Thanks, Nelson

Hi Dmitry,

I previously notify a few bugs with the track tool. They are still there. Maybe my explanations where not easy to undersatnd so I made a video to explain.

1 - at the begining of the video notice that I have placed a keyword in "comment"
2 - when setting the "Fade out" flag music playback stops, this is the only flag with this issue
3 - I stop playback but when I click "Ok" to save there is an error message. This only occur when setting a "comment"
4 - when I reopen the same file all information are saved except the "comment"
5 - I need to reenter the comment and nothing else to be able to save.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5037719/TT.avi

Christian

nelson c said:
Hello, i have small problem:
tracks that have a default background color in the list, lose their color to start playback.
Can you please post a screenshot? Note that playlist coloring works fully only if you have Windows themes enabled.

Christian said:
  I previously notify a few bugs with the track tool. They are still there. Maybe my explanations where not easy to undersatnd so I made a video to explain.
Thanks for video and details - I think it will be fixed in the next update.

I'm sorry, I know where was the problem:
The problem was presented in an event that had activated the option "send to the server event title", so their metadata were replaced at the start of reproduction in and therefore was losing its color.

Nelson.

nelson c said:
I'm sorry, I know where was the problem:
The problem was presented in an event that had activated the option "send to the server event title", so their metadata were replaced at the start of reproduction in and therefore was losing its color.
Thanks for information - I added it to bugs list.

Christian said:
Hi Dmitry,

1 - at the begining of the video notice that I have placed a keyword in "comment"
2 - when setting the "Fade out" flag music playback stops, this is the only flag with this issue
3 - I stop playback but when I click "Ok" to save there is an error message. This only occur when setting a "comment"
4 - when I reopen the same file all information are saved except the "comment"
5 - I need to reenter the comment and nothing else to be able to save.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5037719/TT.avi

Christian
Christian, I tried to do exactly as you din in the video, and issue is not reproduced...
- Fade Out doesn't stop the playback
- Clicking OK saves all the information correctly

Does it happen always or only on some specific files? If only on some files, please send one of them to support@djsoft.net

Also make sure you're using the latest beta (4.9.0.10).

Hello
I noticed that I on Windows 7 I have after my system from Windows 8 not good micro more! It sounds like Windows 8 to Tinny! Can it be that the beta 4.0.9.10 Windows 8 is not compatible?
mfg
Michael Kopens

djmicbby said:
I noticed that I on Windows 7 I have after my system from Windows 8 not good micro more! It sounds like Windows 8 to Tinny! Can it be that the beta 4.0.9.10 Windows 8 is not compatible?
Can you please give some details on what's wrong under Windows 8 with microphone? RadioBOSS compatible with any Windows OSes starting from Windows 2000/XP all the way up to the Windows 8.

So Windows 8 is the Micro to schwach.Kein real Bass.Es just sounds Tinny on. Man listening to music in the background while they are still running .. Quietly listening to music though the micro level setting - is set 60! It's the same attitude that has been running perfectly with Windows 7. The music itself is perfect. Only the micro alone makes trouble

Do you want to completely silence the music while using MIC?
I think a screenshot of mic settings window would be helpful.

Hi, I have a question.
I'm finishing the development of a php application that will allow the audience based program tracks to a playlist shown. (At scheduled times), On the side of my pc is a small program that handles inserting through RB api using the position "-2" which inserts after the current track.
I meet a limitation: the last user will insert a song to be played. and maybe the first request to go postponing never played.
Any idea to solve this?

Also I have a request:
e are tired of our FM transmission air cutting internet problems.
Adding more buffer RB improved a bit but the problems continue.
We also buy routers load balancers that have the function "fail over" that if a connection used to cut other, but also to no avail. seems a little research on the Transmit cuts are generated by packet loss.
By the distance between studios and transmission plant (200 km) is the only option possible Internet, satellite links are very expensive and we make it impossible.

On the internet we found a team to links on the internet that has a redundancy streaming (using 2 ISP) which apparently allows you to find the lost packets or something. more information here:
http://www.aptcodecs.com/radio-products-32-135-4.html
Based on the idea of using two ISPs and two streaming I happened to develop something similar using radioboss. of course will not have the function to find lost packets etc.
My idea is this:
-2 RB facilities on the same pc each with different ISP and a network card assigned for playing streaming a connection each other.(Playing streaming all the time and come by emitting the same sound card, but an instance of RB have the volume to 0)

if radioboss could move immediately to the next track by constant control of the record could realize that the connection was cut using the command api and increase the volume to another installation of RB and download it in this.

I would be very useful to write in the RB register when finished charging the buffer to restore the volume and lower the backup facility.

besides this feature would be very useful for when encountering a problem in streaming playback more then you know exactly what happened.
Example:
00:50 "loading buffer"
00:53 "He started reproduction in" (this high value could indicate that the connection worked very slow)

perhaps this is a mistake:
Today I wanted to simulate a cut Internet: While streaming radioboss was receiving disconnect the network cable from my pc and then to empty the buffer was completely hung radioboss about 10 or 15 seconds. in the status bar said "Not Responding" (this on RB 4.9.10)

Thanks for help.

nelson c said:
Hi, I have a question.
I'm finishing the development of a php application that will allow the audience based program tracks to a playlist shown. (At scheduled times), On the side of my pc is a small program that handles inserting through RB api using the position "-2" which inserts after the current track.
I meet a limitation: the last user will insert a song to be played. and maybe the first request to go postponing never played.
Any idea to solve this?
I suppose you're implementing some sort of a song request system?

One of the solutions would be to add new requested songs to the playlist each 5-10 minutes (not immediately after requesting*). This delay is needed to allow RadioBOSS to finish the current track and start next one.

Another solution is to add requested songs to the end of the playlist.

*Also, AFAIK most of the stream licensing companies do not allow immediate playback of a requested song.

nelson c said:
Also I have a request:
I'm afraid RB doesn't have such facilities to deal with bad Internet connection and currently there are no plans to add those... mostly because there are too few users who will benefit from it, while developing such a thing is pretty expensive.

You mentioned this: http://www.aptcodecs.com/radio-products-32-135-4.html - from the description this looks like a solution. Did you try using it?

nelson c said:
perhaps this is a mistake:
Today I wanted to simulate a cut Internet: While streaming radioboss was receiving disconnect the network cable from my pc and then to empty the buffer was completely hung radioboss about 10 or 15 seconds. in the status bar said "Not Responding" (this on RB 4.9.10)
Thank you for reporting.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Hi, I have a question.
Any idea to solve this?
I suppose you're implementing some sort of a song request system?

One of the solutions would be to add new requested songs to the playlist each 5-10 minutes (not immediately after requesting*). This delay is needed to allow RadioBOSS to finish the current track and start next one.

Another solution is to add requested songs to the end of the playlist.

*Also, AFAIK most of the stream licensing companies do not allow immediate playback of a requested song.
Insert tracks into a temporary list is a good idea, so I think I will implement.
I do not like the idea of ??the end of the list, because if one day is few requests terminate and reproduction in silence detector was activated.

about what licenses never heard, anyway here in Argentina nobody controls anything, some radios emit other, when they have no programming, or even leave a cd's all day on repeat.

Here is my system (still in development):
http://musiccarhue.zz.mu/Del.php
Inserts 5 Songs by ip every day.
It works at scheduled times (you can make requests at any time). eg today will be able to add songs until 14 hours (here are the 12:20 p.m.).
The user is selected above shows one bounded and play list to not played any subject.
but I have access with a pass to the php, allowing me to look at any play list, and insert songs at any time, plus some commands to restart the pc for example.
I still need to see how I do to not permit to insert the same item twice, and not repeat the same artist for half an hour for example.

nelson c said:
Also I have a request:
I'm afraid RB doesn't have such facilities to deal with bad Internet connection and currently there are no plans to add those... mostly because there are too few users who will benefit from it, while developing such a thing is pretty expensive.

You mentioned this: http://www.aptcodecs.com/radio-products-32-135-4.html - from the description this looks like a solution. Did you try using it?
I do not agree that this is only for "Connections bad", the evidence in this year and a half I've been dealing with this sub showed any connexion minor cuts and packet loss.
Neither probe this system SureStream, but never pedi the implementation of something like this for RadioBOSS, as I understand it is very difficult / expensive to implement.
My idea goes through, try to make some redundant system without needing to checking data packets, etc..
I will work on this next month.
but I would be very useful in the registry store when I finish loading the buffer (and therefore playback started) then there recently I retake of a connection "B" back to the "A", increasing the volume of A, and less of B.
Even I have to see how to assign a different internet connection to each instance of RB.

For this I also need to solve the problem of hang tarball that has internet radioboss when cut, otherwise there will be a pause of 10 seconds before it is passed to the other instance of RB.

nelson c said:
but I would be very useful in the registry store when I finish loading the buffer (and therefore playback started)
With the default settings (5 second buffer) the playback starts immediately. Probably reporting of buffer fill will be added in the future update - I need to think about it.
I'd suggest you to look at that SureStream thing, you can use it together with RB via VAC. I don't really want to move RB into "dealing with bad network connections" path... Please understand.

Ok, I agree.
Not understand "I'd suggest you to look at that thing SureStream, you can use it together with RB via VAC", I use google translator.
Right now I'm starting to think / build an application to solve this problem (as I said before using two radioboss facilities).
The question is how I assign to the two instances of radioboss different networks?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back