RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave-t said:
I would really like to have the playout PC a very low power (cheap) system such as an Intel Atom. Because it is not generating playlists the demand on resources is minimal. Not sure what is happening with the Intel Atom processor as I see that Intel have introduced the NUC which is tiny but currently
quite expensive.
It's not necessary to use Atom for this. I know compact low-power systems built on regular CPU's sold for about $300 (whole system).

dave-t said:
You may also add separators
;D you read my mind  ;D

I was just playing with that but not sure how to create a schedule that does not do anything without it causing an error in the logs ?
One of the options is to "Use Date" and set the date far away in the future or in the past. Event will never run. Or just uncheck the "Enabled event", but the event will be grayed out.

Then set Filename and Event Name to "--------" or "********" or anything like this.

There are couple of other additions planned for the scheduler list: prevent sorting on column click and add a special separator item (the latter probably goes to 4.9.1).

pety said:
Wrong translation...  :)
I don't know a word in Romanian so I just trusted the guy who made the translation :) If you wish, you can correct this: translations are stored under RadioBOSS\Lang\Ro, the texts for RadioBOSS Played window are in lang.ini file.

djsoft
I don't know a word in Romanian so I just trusted the guy who made the translation
smiley.gif
I know that you are smarter then that... See image

Attachments

• reproducere_pui.jpg
    reproducere_pui.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 530
One of the options is to "Use Date" and set the date far away in the future or in the past. Event will never run. Or just uncheck the "Enabled event", but the event will be grayed out.

Then set Filename and Event Name to "--------" or "********" or anything like this.

Of course - I have not got my thinking head on today - see below

There are couple of other additions planned for the scheduler list: prevent sorting on column click and add a special separator item (the latter probably goes to 4.9.1).

That would be nice  :)

It's not necessary to use Atom for this. I know compact low-power systems built on regular CPU's sold for about $300 (whole system).
  ???

Uk prices are much higher

Atom based system US$300
Celeron based system $450

Actually thinking about using laptops which are very easy to move to another location if we have a total internet connection failure

Attachments

• RB-Schedule-B.PNG
    RB-Schedule-B.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 494
pety said:
I know that you are smarter then that... See image
OK, Romanian localization has its problems. At least it's outdated: lots of stuff is not translated.
If you can help with this or know someone who could, please let me know (I think we should discuss this via e-mail).

pety said:
How are made all this commands?
It is interesting...
There's run scheduler command which allows to launch any program.
It used to start Playlist Generator Pro to generate a playlist and save it to a file.
Playlist Generator Pro command line parameters are explained here: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm (scroll to the bottom).

dave-t said:
Actually thinking about using laptops which are very easy to move to another location if we have a total internet connection failure
A netbook or laptop will be OK - RadioBOSS doesn't need much system resources to operate.

Although the tag reading of files into the database is much better some files are still not being read properly

a couple are on the way via e-mail

Attachments

• RB-Capture-7.PNG
    RB-Capture-7.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 495
Hello Dmitry
RadioBoss Ver 4-9-0-1 on Win7

There is a bug with this new version.
I am having trouble pinpointing it exactly.

This is the order of things:
Track Plays (Track 1)
Track is interrupted by a connection to a stream (immediate connection) In test this is 2 mins.
Stream Ends
New Track Plays (Track 2)

This is what appears to be happening:
New Track 2 plays, and underneath Track 1 resumes from where it left off when the stream started (I think).
Now I cannot be sure whether the whole of Track 1 is playing again or just a partial part of the track.
For some reason Track 1 is very very low level compared to Track 2. Sounds like it is in the background. It would take the right choice of tracks to pinpoint just what is going on.
There is nothing visual to say what is going on.

Another anomaly is that this does NOT seem to happen on every occasion. But is regular.

Hello Dmitry:
Here I attached a pictures with three errors interface (version 4.8 are already in the air pc not install betas, but I think these are still present in RB 4.9)
1 - after a few hours of being open the program, the button disappears clear of the work area 2. (See picture)
2 - In the work area two there is a text that shows translation ('s nonsense of course, see red box).
3 - This is perhaps more complicated error:
The program was maximized several days without anyone even move the mouse, the window was active scheduler:
This happens when the program is maximized long, with active scheduler window (I happened several times, I was not on the radio, no one used the pc. Remote access to every 2/3 days):
The problem was the following, appeared in front of: Name, Run In, Time. strange names, with empty fields.
When I load the profile again and everything returns to normal.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 527
dave-t said:
Although the tag reading of files into the database is much better some files are still not being read properly
a couple are on the way via e-mail
Thanks for those files. The issue has been fixed.

jrpakes said:
Is it possible to send me an evaluating key?
Yes, please send a request to sales@djsoft.net as stated in the first post. If you've already sent a request, please wait for key to arrive.

DJSTU said:
There is a bug with this new version.
I am having trouble pinpointing it exactly.
That's something new. I don't know how it's technically possible for Track1 to start playing again...
You say Track1 is interrupted by a stream - do you mean a http:// stream is started? Is it started by scheduler?

nelson c said:
The problem was the following, appeared in front of: Name, Run In, Time. strange names, with empty fields.
When I load the profile again and everything returns to normal.
A day of strange bugs :)
I just checked two of the testing instances, one running for 29 days and another for 55 days. The Clear button in Zone2 is where it should be and scheduler list is fine... We test program only in English language. Can you try switching UI language to English to see if it's something related to the translation?

Dmitry
You say Track1 is interrupted by a stream - do you mean a http:// stream is started? Is it started by scheduler?
DJSTU Answer
Yes to both questions.
The level of Track 1 is extremely low in comparison to Track 2. You have to listen very carefully to pick it up. Almost impossible if Track 2 is loud.
At the moment I am in test mode.
Tracks playing followed by streams being started every 5 mins..and this is two totally separate sourced streams, not just the one. One LAN and one WAN.
So we have 3 mins of tracks, followed by 2 mins of streaming...that pattern makes up every 5 mins, and cycles continuously like that.

Note: You may have to have RB playing for some time before it starts doing this. I have just started it off this morning and not detecting anything at all. But its only been going for one hour.

PS.
Network stream. Mix Point set at 2 secs. Fade Out set at 2 secs.
I am beginning to suspect the stream mix time which I have set at 2 secs. When the stream started it went way beyond 2 secs in the crossover. JUST maybe this same thing is happening on the way out too which is also set at 2 secs.
This was after about 6 hours of operation.

DJSTU
I suppose you're using v4.9.0.1 - it has several problems which could lead to an unexpected behavior.
I'll setup a testing instance to imitate your setup with streams and tracks to test it.

A new version is released (details in the next post), please download an update and try how it works.

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.2
- Trial period extended to 100 uses
- Fixed several UI bugs
- Fixed possible bug when using ASIO input in Mono
- Fixed a bug with "Output only to encoders" microphone option
- Fixed "Comment" tag reading problems for some files
- Fixed several issues in TrackTool
- Due to many reported problems, settings format changed back to what it used to be. If you're upgrading from 4.9.0.1, settings will be reset.

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.2_beta.exe

Dmitry
(1) I suppose you're using v4.9.0.1 - it has several problems which could lead to an unexpected behavior.
(2) I'll setup a testing instance to imitate your setup with streams and tracks to test it.
(3) A new version is released (details in the next post), please download an update and try how it works.

DJSTU Answer
(1) Yes, am using 4.9.0.1
(2) Wait until I give 4.9.0.2 a test run (a good long run) and report back on how it goes.
(3) Have downloaded and will shortly install.

PS
Chris Diack says a similar problem happened with SqrSoft. Whereby relics of the old track remained in cache and was not cleared before the new track started. This info may be of use in somewhere to look.

Chris Diack is having a problem on Win XP.  Ver 4.9.0.1
In the Playlist when you click on a Track it doesn't highlight.
You cannot identify the track you have clicked on by just looking at it.

I am not having this problem in Win 7. It is highlighting in a shade of color which makes it easy to see.

ANY suggestions on what the problem might be ?
We have checked the settings and cannot see anything obvious.

DJSTU said:
Chris Diack says a similar problem happened with SqrSoft. Whereby relics of the old track remained in cache and was not cleared before the new track started. This info may be of use in somewhere to look.
RB makes sure nothing like this ever happens. There was an error in RB 4.9.0.1 which can be a cause of some strange behavior. I've checked out RB 4902 testing instance which plays tracks together with scheduled stream (as in your setup), and it's fine - been running for 4 hours already.

If you still hear parts of first track in the newer version, please click Ctrl+D to show the Debug window and PrintScreen it.

DJSTU said:
Chris Diack is having a problem on Win XP.  Ver 4.9.0.1
In the Playlist when you click on a Track it doesn't highlight.
It was fixed in RB 4.9.0.2 :)

DJSTU said:
I am not having this problem in Win 7. It is highlighting in a shade of color which makes it easy to see.
Yeah, XP doesn't support semi-transparent selection as Vista and newer systems do.

Dmitry
I've checked out RB 4902 testing instance which plays tracks together with scheduled stream (as in your setup), and it's fine - been running for 4 hours already.
DJSTU Answer
I have found what the problem is. In the meantime stop your testing.
I will report back with what it is when I get time later.

This is what is causing the problem.
See the attached photo.
For some reason some songs have suddenly acquired a front loading mix (For unknown reasons. I did open and look at some tracks in TrackTool without altering and just closed them again, but cannot remember what these songs were).
It is caused by the mix being longer than the actual track length.

If say Track 1 has that front mix in it
it starts Playing Track 2 at the MIX P0INT
What happens is that Track 2 and Track 1 continue to play together, that is both playing at the same time.
In fact it gets worse. If Track 2 is shorter than Track 1 then Track 1 continues on and starts playing together with Track 3.

Now in the Streaming situation
If this happens when the scheduled streams starts, the twin songs playing stop and the stream takes over.
When the stream finishes, the NEXT track (Track 3) starts playing together with Track 1. The twin track situations continues also with the possibility it will ALSO cross into a 4th Track.

Attachments

• Radioboss MIX.jpg
    Radioboss MIX.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 448
dave-t said:
I just found the "Delete Schedule Yes/No"  ;D
A little warning - it doesn't ask when you press "Delete" key on the keyboard, it will be fixed in the next update.

DJSTU said:
It is caused by the mix being longer than the actual track length.
That could be the reason.
TrackTool in RB 4.9.0.2 has a fix for it - it doesn't allow setting any of the markers beyond end of file.

If Track 1 is long and it has MIX at its beginning, it could possibly play until its end together with the other tracks... I'm not sure if it's RB bug or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back