RadioBOSS 5.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
pety said:
VU meter doesn't work on MIC with or without "Output to encoders".
How do you have your MIC set up? If it's "Windows Mixer Control" then VU meter will not work.

klinsoft said:
Test if "Output to encoders only" is ON, Mic again affects the main Output. On my side if this option is ON, when i press mic , the program still drops the "volume down" . Is this right?
It always lowers down music volume. If you don'ty want to lower the music level then set "Music level" to 0 in MIC settings.
 

klinsoft

New member
Lowering is good itself... but No, i mean when MIC is only to encoders , main volume must not be affected by pressing the mic button, because it will only lower the volume but no MIC sound , right ? Then not necessary to be lowered.

 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
klinsoft said:
Lowering is good itself... but No, i mean when MIC is only to encoders , main volume must not be affected by pressing the mic button, because it will only volume lowering but no MIC sound , right ? Then not necessary to be lowered.
Why not? Anyway, there's a setting to control it, so together with checking the "Output to encoders only" you can also set Music Level to 0dB.
 

klinsoft

New member
But then volume will not be lowered for encoders , right ? That is why i mean when only to encoders , main volume not to be lowered. Is it fair ?
 

pety

Active member
djsoft said:
pety said:
VU meter doesn't work on MIC with or without "Output to encoders".
How do you have your MIC set up? If it's "Windows Mixer Control" then VU meter will not work.
Sorry. Was a problem on the mixer.
The problem still remains with "Output to encoders only...".
 

pety

Active member
klinsoft said:
But then volume will not be lowered for encoders , right ? That is why i mean when only to encoders , main volume not to be lowered. Is it fair ?
No, it is not. In "Output to encoders only" DSP (VST plugins) also doesn't work.
I am disappointed too, but that's it. Wait for the next update. Hope to be very soon.
 

klinsoft

New member
It`s not a disapointment, it`s logical explanation. But i think it is fair because if the MIC is only to encoders , main lowering will be only a lowering (so not needed). Why volume to be "lowered only" with no any effect or event after that ?! Looks like a disturbing with nothing after that.
That`s why the main lowering in this condition is not needed.

May be the right thing ( if this will disabled) is to be filled as text on the option and become to this one


" Output to encoders only (disable local mic playback )
  Main volume will not be lowered."  ... or ... Main volume not affected



This way people will not be surprised and wil be informed as well
 

pety

Active member
Understand. For me it is very, very necesary VU meter. Especialy for LIVE. Co-hosts do not speak with the same intensity. That's why is necesary to visualise the VU Meter level. For adjusting faders from mixer. I need to know the level of output to internet broadcast from every mic.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
klinsoft said:
But then volume will not be lowered for encoders , right ? That is why i mean when only to encoders , main volume not to be lowered. Is it fair ?
The music volume is also lowered for encoder output too - listeners will also hear that music volume is lowered.

pety said:
Sorry. Was a problem on the mixer.
The problem still remains with "Output to encoders only...".
The bug confirmed, thanks for reporting. Will be fixed in the next update.

pety said:
No, it is not. In "Output to encoders only" DSP (VST plugins) also doesn't work.
I am disappointed too, but that's it. Wait for the next update. Hope to be very soon.
Do you mean only VST plugins do not work, or all DSPs do not work?
 

klinsoft

New member
Looks like i`m not explaining right .

So here is the situation . I`m checking the "Output to encoders only" and microphone will be available  only on encoders(stream) , right ? So tell me what is the need of lowering the MAIN (on air) volume too when i click on MIC button . In this case it will lower the "ON AIR" volume too but no microphone sound will be played/heared , right ? Why then "on air" sound is affected ? I know that this slider for the volume is global (default -15 db) , but when mic is only to stream , this slider must not affect the main on air.
Hope i clear the situation now.
 

klinsoft

New member
I just test it again ! And it`s just how i`m explaining it .
When this option is enabled , microphone is played only on stream . "Main (On air)" output not play the microphone but still lower the volume there too. It`s unnecessary to disturb this output when NO MIC sound  for  it !
If i`m still not perfectly clear i`ll say this : Lowering is a must when you talk on MIC, so let it stay but when MIC is configured to play only on internet stream , bypass the lowering for "Main (On air)" output. For Monitor, Preview and AUX the lowering can stay (not sure for the AUX , this can be discussed). This must be the right behavour.


I think Pety understands me just right but i don`t know what is his opinion on this.
This is only for "lowering" . The VST/DSP problem is another problem , pointed by Pety.
 

pety

Active member
klinsoft said:
I just test it again ! And it`s just how i`m explaining it .
When this option is enabled , microphone is played only on stream . "Main (On air)" output not play the microphone but still lower the volume there too. It`s unnecessary to disturb this output when NO MIC sound  for  it !
Etc., etc....
The Input settings for MIC has two important options:
  • Music Lavel with Fade Out and Fade In;
  • Mic Amplifier.
When use MIC and fade music, the level of music is lower, of course. This level of music must be shown in VU meter. When speak on MIC that must be shown in VU meter too. And the level of MIC speaking must be shown with or without "Output to encoders only". Just becouse that VU Meter shows the level of output from any source of the sound (MIC or tracks in playlist).

If the MIC is not shown in VU meter than the sound broadcasted could be or distorted or very low. Vu meter is the only way wich helps me what adjustmets I can make for output levels.
 

pety

Active member
djsoft said:
pety said:
No, it is not. In "Output to encoders only" DSP (VST plugins) also doesn't work.
I am disappointed too, but that's it. Wait for the next update. Hope to be very soon.
Do you mean only VST plugins do not work, or all DSPs do not work?
I have to make tests with DSP in both situations and compare them.
I will let you know about results...
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
klinsoft said:
So here is the situation . I`m checking the "Output to encoders only" and microphone will be available  only on encoders(stream) , right ? So tell me what is the need of lowering the MAIN (on air) volume too when i click on MIC button . In this case it will lower the "ON AIR" volume too but no microphone sound will be played/heared , right ? Why then "on air" sound is affected ? I know that this slider for the volume is global (default -15 db) , but when mic is only to stream , this slider must not affect the main on air.
Hope i clear the situation now.
The purpose of the "Output to encoders only" feature is to disable local microphone playback, so it goes straight to encoders. The result is - you don't hear yourself. Apart from that, all other features, including lowering the on-air volume, remain the same.
 

klinsoft

New member
So this is only an extra/test option ? If so i can understand all the other behavour , but if someone is using it let say for long time or for ever , then it is insane :) Hope no one use it for ever .

May be i`m not understand the purpose of using this option .

I mean what we can do with it ? What can we test ? Or it`s only a simple disable of the mic for all exept encoders ?!

just a joke : May be we can say something secret only to our internet listeners :D
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
klinsoft said:
I mean what we can do with it ? What can we test ? Or it`s only a simple disable of the mic for all exept encoders ?!
It's not a test option. Please read my previous post about the purpose of this function.
 

klinsoft

New member
I`m asking because till now every problem occurs on 7 systems , but on XP works great ! I don`t know why . This is the 4th thing that i saw . I guess before my joining there are others . That`s it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top