RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that resume playlist function works.
But when RadioBOSS restarts it plays the track from the beginning for very short time then it goes fast to the point where was played the last time.

pety said:
Interesting compromise for pause broadcast title  :)
Yes, same thing is also done for network streams. I think it's better now and easier to understand.

pety said:
It seems that resume playlist function works.
But when RadioBOSS restarts it plays the track from the beginning for very short time then it goes fast to the point where was played the last time.
I'm not sure how this is possible... I did a quick test and it plays fine here. Do you see the first track in the log?

Dmitriy, unfortunately "Resume playlist" doesn't work.
Tested on 2 PC's. So the BUG exists and it is very serious.
I'll make a video and I'll post a description of the bug.  :-[

First of all I will show you how works RB 5.3.3.1 in the right way.

For me resume playlist working - in 5.4.5.1 !
Now on .6.0 i`m not tested it

EDIT : Tested it - working like in 5.4.5.1 and no problem , it starts from where is stopped - no "beginning of the song problem"

XP here , may be problem is on WIN7 only ?!

pety said:
Dmitriy, unfortunately "Resume playlist" doesn't work.
Tested on 2 PC's. So the BUG exists and it is very serious.
I'll make a video and I'll post a description of the bug.  :-[

First of all I will show you how works RB 5.3.3.1 in the right way.
More information is needed on this... The bug does not reproduce here.

klinsoft said:
XP here , may be problem is on WIN7 only ?!
I doubt this. "Resume playback" simply saves track name and position to a file, and when RadioBOSS starts the next time, it merely finds the track by its name and sets the playback position... It works the same on all systems.

When I create tags with Track Information in playlist and RadioBOSS play the next track all information in Track Information is replaced with the new one.
I really do not understand, why old bugs come back...
And they are a lot...

BTW. I am very busy this week but I will make a video with that serious bug "Resume Playlist."

This is controlled by the option in the menu: View->Track Information follows playback. If this option is checked, the Track Information will be updated once the new track starts.

In one of the next updated it will be improved - the Track Information tab will check if tag edit is performed and will nor reset.

djsoft said:
In one of the next updated it will be improved - the Track Information tab will check if tag edit is performed and will nor reset.
That will be great, thanks !

Hmmmm!
The annoying bug is back.

BUG_Calc_Time.jpg

Dmitriy,
"Resume Playlist" do not resume last action in playlist.
I click stop button and close RadioBOSS.
I start RadioBOSS and it plays the first track in top. Which is a simple track or LineIN.

In 5.3.3.1 I used stop before close RadioBOSS to manually rebroadcast a local radio station by analog mixer.
And I shuted down the PC about 15-20 minutes.
After this short pause I restarted PC and RadioBOSS started with Windows. But it correctly load the latest command which was stop. So, I could manually start the ID station and the next track etc., etc.

In the latest version RadioBOSS do not take the latest command/operation which is STOP and it plays the track. Am I clear enough? You know that my english is poor... If it is not enough saturday I will make a video for demonstration. Thanks!

pety said:
Dmitriy,
"Resume Playlist" do not resume last action in playlist.
I click stop button and close RadioBOSS.
I start RadioBOSS and it plays the first track in top. Which is a simple track or LineIN.

In 5.3.3.1 I used stop before close RadioBOSS to manually rebroadcast a local radio station by analog mixer.
And I shuted down the PC about 15-20 minutes.
After this short pause I restarted PC and RadioBOSS started with Windows. But it correctly load the latest command which was stop. So, I could manually start the ID station and the next track etc., etc.

In the latest version RadioBOSS do not take the latest command/operation which is STOP and it plays the track. Am I clear enough? You know that my english is poor... If it is not enough saturday I will make a video for demonstration. Thanks!
OK, I added it to the list of bugs.

pety said:
Very occasionally (very, very seldom).
This is hard to debug... I was never able to reproduce the problem here :) I'll add it to the list of bugs.

Hello,

You run events from the API is planned for RB 5.5? (Which according to read it is in development  :D)

Thanks

nelson c said:
You run events from the API is planned for RB 5.5? (Which according to read it is in development  :D)
Yes, the API will be extended in RadioBOSS 5.5, especially scheduler handling.

nelson c said:
It is a common playlist 18 Hs, take several hours (using the CPU), when used from the planner?
I didn't understand this one, sorry :)

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Yes, the API will be extended in RadioBOSS 5.5, especially scheduler handling.
great news :D

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It is a common playlist 18 Hs, take several hours (using the CPU), when used from the planner?
I didn't understand this one, sorry :)
I am sorry, I will make a more detailed explanation.

The situation is the following:
A daily play list is generated by Gen Pro PlayList 18 hours of music.
This is done by the scheduler and the music is in a network folder.
It takes a few minutes using the local network, which does not seem excessive. (I guess this analyzing metadata files).
Once completed this, starts to use the CPU and takes several hours (at least three) to complete.

It is normal to take more than 3 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back