RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
RadioBOSS 5.4 beta

What's new
- Custom (user) encoders for broadcasting feature: RadioBOSS can use any command-line encoder to broadcast
- Audience monitoring: new column in the playlist shows the number of listeners for each song and change compared to the previous song
- Broadcasting: Multiple text lines for track title, shown in rotation
- Broadcasting: configurable period for metadata update
- Broadcasting encoders are not disconnected when encoder source is changed
- Playback Queue can be viewed and edited using View->Playback Queue
- Scheduler: "Waiting options" can be used with the "Overlay playback" feature
- Adding tracks to the playlist performs much faster
- Show duplicate tracks feature (Playlist->Extra->Show duplicates) works much faster
- Improved "download" scheduler command
- New scheduler command to send text strings to COM port: send comN text
- Playlist Queue Mode (delete files after playback) is set individually for each playlist: right-click on a playlist tab
- Scheduler wizard can be used to add "download" command
- Improved tag read and write support for various formats; fixed corrupted WMA file after the tag is saved
- Log file for the integrated server
- Listener number limit for the integrated server
- Fixed listener number report for the integrated server
- Notepad: text align settings
- Improved sweeper selection for scheduled events
- Configurable hot key for "insert stop" command
- DTMF: new "counter phase" detect option; improved DTMF detect time frame configuration
- Playlist right-click "Rename/edit..." feature improved to support TTS and Track List
- Track List: new option "Ignore no-repeat rules"
- Track List: new option "Do not repeat album"
- Top panel view style: Full, Min, Hide
- Proportions for Last Track/Now Playing/Coming up Next are saved when the window is resized
- Configurable colors for the Last Track/Now Playing/Coming up Next boxes
- Windows 10 style
- Style font setting is correctly applied to all of the child windows
- Style support improved
- Automatic weather announcements: Fahrenheit temperature values added
- Text-to-Speech: support for %artist, %title and other tags
- Text-to-Speech: can read text file contents and support for SpeechAPI XML tags
- Fixed: sometimes weather was not updated correctly
- Automatic weather announcement is not played when there is no weather data available
- Fixed: "generate" command did not work when called from API
- Fixed "click" on some ASIO sound cards when using MIC
- Remote API commands are logged
- Fixed encoding problem in Remote API commands
- Remote API: "move" command relocates the track to a new position (formerly it exchanged two tracks)
- Fixed playlist and scheduled event list columns ordering problem when the windows theme was changed or connected using Remote Desktop
- RadioBOSS detects wrong sound card settings for the main sound card and attempts to fix the issue automatically
- Improved mouse drag in all lists
- Scheduler: improved multiple actions window
- Fixed: MIC hot key didn't work correctly in push-to-talk mode
- Fixed: under certain circumstances scheduled events were inserted at incorrect position
- Fixed tooltip in the scheduled events list and playlist
- Fixed listener count bug in the Report Generator
- Optimized track information: faster operation and faster playlist scrolling with a keyboard
- Improved playback for network streams and podcasts (faster initialization and better error handling)
- Fixed: sometimes track type was not identified correctly
- Email notifications can be sent to multiple addresses (comma separated)
- RadioBOSS Update can be downloaded and installed semi-automatically (Help->Check for Updates)
- Saving a playlist also saves the custom crossfade settings
- Configurable crossfade duration for the "Override mix with the previous track" feature
- Improved screen reader accessibility (details: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4088.0.html)

Music Library
- Save library as a CSV file (File->Save as->select .csv)
- Tools->Check music tracks new check: long periods of silence

Segue editor
- Minor UI improvements
- Fixed Zoom problem: sometimes the mix point was reset after zooming
- Mouse wheel zoom improved
- Fixed: custom crossfade parameters for the file types were not used

Advertisement Scheduler
- Tracks in the list can be dragged to another position
- Improved sweeper selection

Track Tool
- Start and End date for a track (used by Playlist Generator and Track List)
- Fixed zoom problem for short tracks

Playlist Generator
- Priority value can be set to less than zero to exclude a track completely
- Fixed: sometimes the playlist generator used no more than 2,501 tracks from a category

License key:
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires February 24, 2016.


Download
RadioBOSS 5.4 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.4.0.5.exe (12/25/2015, 30Mb)

Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.

Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount, up to 100%, when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.



(Details on new features coming soon)
 

nelson c

Active member
Dmitry congratulations for this great job! :)

"Override mix with the previous track" works perfect, thank you very much!.

Here's a list of problems I was finding:
1-The preview does not work for streaming. (But if it works for the main output) The link to use is as follows http://musiconefm.com/Varios/Enlace (makes a redirect)
2-When the theme "Windows 10" is chosen the "interface theme" select "Windows". (I guess you should select Windows 10)
3-After changing the skin to "Windows", the remaining time and elapsed they are cut. (And also he does not have the power he had in RB 5.3, which I liked) See attached "Image 1"
4-Small aesthetic problem with the clock source. For some reason the font size is large and "Almost" is the text on the edge of the box clock. See image 2
5-Testing events appears this manually. A track this "tabbed" deeper into the playlist. Do not know if this is a mistake, maybe it is a new feature. See picture 3
6-Several problems with Sweapers in ADS scheduler. Tomorrow I will comment on this.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 986
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 3.png
    3.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,141

nelson c

Active member
Dmitry me some questions that arise. If then write this in the main post, you need not answer me.

-Now you can see the statistics RadioCaster in RB?
-I see improvements in downloading files:
Now you can download files they need http authentication?
-As the new works DTMF "counter phase"
-Music Library: Check music tracks new check: long periods of silence


Now that the possibility of changing the color of the panels was added. It is very difficult to add the possibility of using two colors for each panel, or else a background image ?. For panels with two colors are great (see picture attached)
 

Attachments

  • Skins 1.0.png
    Skins 1.0.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,034

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
Dmitry congratulations for this great job! :)

"Override mix with the previous track" works perfect, thank you very much!.
You're welcome!

nelson c said:
1-The preview does not work for streaming. (But if it works for the main output) The link to use is as follows http://musiconefm.com/Varios/Enlace (makes a redirect)

3-After changing the skin to "Windows", the remaining time and elapsed they are cut. (And also he does not have the power he had in RB 5.3, which I liked) See attached "Image 1"

4-Small aesthetic problem with the clock source. For some reason the font size is large and "Almost" is the text on the edge of the box clock. See image 2
Thanks for reporting!

nelson c said:
2-When the theme "Windows 10" is chosen the "interface theme" select "Windows". (I guess you should select Windows 10)
It does so only on Windows versions prior to Windows 7, otherwise it uses the standard Windows skin, only changing colors and fonts.

nelson c said:
5-Testing events appears this manually. A track this "tabbed" deeper into the playlist. Do not know if this is a mistake, maybe it is a new feature. See picture 3
Yes, this was going to be a new feature (scheduled events grouping in the playlist) but it was decided to turn it off for now - it seems that it wasn't turned off completely :)
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
Now you can download files they need http authentication?
It should work if the site uses standard HTTP auth. If it doesn't work please send me a link to test.

nelson c said:
Now that the possibility of changing the color of the panels was added. It is very difficult to add the possibility of using two colors for each panel, or else a background image ?. For panels with two colors are great (see picture attached)
Thanks for the suggestion, will be added at some point in the future.
 

box26609

New member
Thank you for the new update. Was the mixdown feature included? Where you can mixdown the playlist into a single audio file. I had requested for it as a feature several weeks ago and you'd said you'd add it.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
box26609 said:
Thank you for the new update. Was the mixdown feature included? Where you can mixdown the playlist into a single audio file. I had requested for it as a feature several weeks ago and you'd said you'd add it.
The feature was not implemented in this release, sorry - it's still planned for the future.
 

nelson c

Active member
Several bugs in ADS Scheduler.
In a last test I appeared this error, generating events.
(Under the sweapers settings that perhaps has to do with this)
 

Attachments

  • 2.png
    2.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 908
  • Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,215

nelson c

Active member
On sweepers:
I am using a trial "find the best matching sweeper". and time is "5 minutes".
As you can see in the picture attached. 2 tennis insert which has a duration of almost 10 minutes.
In a list of the generated lists he had chosen the same song twice for filling. This should never happen.

"Use random sweeper" It also has the same problem.
I think there would be necessary to request an acceptance range to choose sweapers.
For example: Filter tracks lasting more than 3 seconds the needy and less than 2 seconds.

Of course to meet the time may be right to insert two sweeapers but should never be the same.


For testing I'm using a folder containing 3,000 songs, so this problem is ruled out due to lack of sweeper.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Bug.png
    Bug.png
    89 KB · Views: 909
  • improvements Sweepers.png
    improvements Sweepers.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 837

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Kroakster said:
Dmitry,
Has Remove track from playlist after playing been removed, as i can no longer find it ??
It's now individual for each playlist, right-click on a playlist tab to see the option.

nelson c said:
Several bugs in ADS Scheduler.
In a last test I appeared this error, generating events.
(Under the sweapers settings that perhaps has to do with this)
Thanks for reporting - looks like sweeper selection code is faulty.

nelson c said:
On sweepers:
I am using a trial "find the best matching sweeper". and time is "5 minutes".
As you can see in the picture attached. 2 tennis insert which has a duration of almost 10 minutes.
OK, I think the sweeper selection code needs to be reviewed. Thank you very much for the insights, please wait for the next update, sweeper selection should be improved there.
 

Granaas6

New member
Hello. I have a couple of suggestions. Could there be a skip next song button or a next random song button? I have the playlist on random a lot and sometimes I don't want to hear what's coming up next and would like to skip it. Also, I would like to suggest more than 1 song in the "Coming up next" box.

The newest version has a couple issues that I see. The song times are completely gone under now playing and my "On Air" is cut off. - see attached

  Thank you guys for such awesome software!
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 846

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Granaas6 said:
Hello. I have a couple of suggestions. Could there be a skip next song button or a next random song button? I have the playlist on random a lot and sometimes I don't want to hear what's coming up next and would like to skip it. Also, I would like to suggest more than 1 song in the "Coming up next" box.
You can re-init the random sequence by performing any edit operation on the playlist, e.g. cut and paste back the track.

Granaas6 said:
The newest version has a couple issues that I see. The song times are completely gone under now playing and my "On Air" is cut off. - see attached
Yes, I also see the ON AIR is cut - will be fixed in the next version, thank you for reporting.
 

Joshua

New member
Hello,

i have a Problem. The Log window change the position after minimized RB (see Pictures)

Thank you.
Greetz
Joshua
 

Attachments

  • before minimized.JPG
    before minimized.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 871
  • after minimized.JPG
    after minimized.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 924

jmattu

New member
all these updates doesn't kill the music level to zero except beta 5.2.0.9. I'm still using this version only because this reason. please fix it otherwise I love all the changes. Again when my music is playing and I press the Mic should not going anything on air execpt my voice. But still music going on air. very low volume.
 

nelson c

Active member
You can add priority to the command "playback info" Api?
It would also be nice to be able to modify priority it from Api
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jmattu said:
all these updates doesn't kill the music level to zero except beta 5.2.0.9. I'm still using this version only because this reason. please fix it otherwise I love all the changes. Again when my music is playing and I press the Mic should not going anything on air execpt my voice. But still music going on air. very low volume.
The sound level issue will be fixed in the next update - if level set below -30dB, it will kill the sound completely.

nelson c said:
You can add priority to the command "playback info" Api?
It would also be nice to be able to modify priority it from Api
I'm not sure that I understood the request...
 

nelson c

Active member
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
You can add priority to the command "playback info" Api?
It would also be nice to be able to modify priority it from Api
I'm not sure that I understood the request...
Sorry there is a problem of translation.
I meant to see the priority of each track from the API. The command API "playbackinfo" brings several track data such as the artist, title, etc. It would be interesting to also bring the priority of each track set.

On the other hand the other application is to modify the priority specified for each track, since some API command.
example:
Code:
http://IP:port?pass=1234&action=UpdatePriority&Value=5
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
You can add priority to the command "playback info" Api?
It would also be nice to be able to modify priority it from Api
I'm not sure that I understood the request...
Sorry there is a problem of translation.
I meant to see the priority of each track from the API. The command API "playbackinfo" brings several track data such as the artist, title, etc. It would be interesting to also bring the priority of each track set.

On the other hand the other application is to modify the priority specified for each track, since some API command.
example:
Code:
http://IP:port?pass=1234&action=UpdatePriority&Value=5
There's no priority tag in RadioBOSS, did you mean rating instead?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top