RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelson c said:
The situation is the following:
A daily play list is generated by Gen Pro PlayList 18 hours of music.
This is done by the scheduler and the music is in a network folder.
It takes a few minutes using the local network, which does not seem excessive. (I guess this analyzing metadata files).
Once completed this, starts to use the CPU and takes several hours (at least three) to complete.

It is normal to take more than 3 hours?
Do you mean it takes 3 hours to generate the playlist? It's not normal to me... The time depends on how many tracks are involved, complexity of the rules etc.

So is.
Running manually takes 2 hours 40 minutes.
Can it be due to missing tracks in a category?

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 497
Why i not notice this behavour before ?

If my space is full , i found that RadioBoss tries to save every 5 seconds the playlist in the profile folder , even that Autosave profile is OFF ! When it do that(in normal way with available space) i found also a little freeze in the spectral indicator in the "On air" track panel, may be because i have a lot of songs (more than 35000).
Is this normal or is some BUG ? If you can emulate full drive , do it and you`ll see.

I`m not having full space for first time and old versions(even old 5.4 versions) are not doing this !?
If it`s a normal behavour , then make it as option to be choosed ON or OFF, because if space is empty, then RB plays the current track and than just stop, untill you close the message . Even that one time i have a total freeze and was forced to reload the program.

nelson c said:
Running manually takes 2 hours 40 minutes.
Can it be due to missing tracks in a category?
The log suggests that you have pretty complex no-repeat rules, and finding a track that fits all the criteria takes significant amounts of time. Sometimes, when it fails to find a track, it adds error message to the log.

You can try turning off all of the no-repeat rules, and run playlist generation. Then turn them on one by one to see which one introduces the lag.

There's not much can be done to improve that... I can advice you to run the generation by scheduler, 3 or 4 hours in advance, and then start the generated playlist using a separate scheduled event.

klinsoft said:
If my space is full , i found that RadioBoss tries to save every 5 seconds the playlist in the profile folder , even that Autosave profile is OFF ! When it do that(in normal way with available space) i found also a little freeze in the spectral indicator in the "On air" track panel, may be because i have a lot of songs (more than 35000).
Is this normal or is some BUG ? If you can emulate full drive , do it and you`ll see.
It will perioducally save the playlist if you have the Resume Playback turned on. We'll do something about the freezes it causes.

klinsoft said:
I`m not having full space for first time and old versions(even old 5.4 versions) are not doing this !?
If it`s a normal behavour , then make it as option to be choosed ON or OFF, because if space is empty, then RB plays the current track and than just stop, untill you close the message . Even that one time i have a total freeze and was forced to reload the program.
Thanks for reporting this.

I now got it .
I enable the Resume playlist recently , and that is why i "see" this for first time

So, the only problem remains the error message stop the playback (may be it`s normal to show message). but it`s not normal to stop the processing i think

EDIT : , OK , more findings

When error message is showed , "On air" track line visualisation is freezed too( this is the line that moves from left to right)! no moving.
Times for the current track are freezed too (from beginning and remain time) on both sides of "on air" panel

To better diagnose the problem, please send us bug reports: click Settings->Open Settings folder, and send us all the bugreport_*.txt files.

I checked it - no bug report generated for this . With error message i mean message that pops up as window for "Error writing file ... bla bla bla some path to the settings folder/XXXX.m3u"  And then all this objects are frozen(not moving or counting) + music stops after the end of current track.
If you click on OK, music continue and message continue to pop up too, untill you free some space on drive

If needed i`ll make a video to show, but i think it`s all clear - if Resume playlist is ON and no space available , this pop message makes thr program to stop automation (interupts the playback)

I also try with "Resume playlist" OFF and no problem with automation work, program is playing just well with no space available and no stopping after current track..

I think this "resaving" after every 5 seconds is extremely often and this writing to the HDD is it healthy ? Can this option be only saving the track position on exit and no writing  all playlist every few seconds ?  User can always save playlist via the File menu->  Save as..

When the error message appears, please click the Details button and then Send bug report.

There is NO Details . It`s just error writing file with OK , because of no space on HDD. Nothing more, but this message makes program to stop automate untill you close it - after 5 seconds it pops again. That is why rewriting playlist every 5 seconds is unneeded, i can save it whatever i need and want :)

On close you said it saves only track name/position , but it saves whole playlist too (when workig normally).

Please check the picture.

Attachments

• error2.JPG
    error2.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 472
Thanks for the information. It will show the message anyway, because as you say, there's no free space on the disk.

When you have the Resume Playback enabled, it also saves the playlist - in case RadioBOSS closes unexpectedly, it need to have a copy of the playlist in order to resume playback properly.

Ok, bu this copy of the playlist can be saved at start of the program (let`s say) .. and still if crashed, again will be saved

Also if option is enabled and if i save/resave/or it has changes.. i again will save it . So if option is enabled and i make a save - it again can make a copy itself . But every 5 seconds is not good .

So if you don`t understand me - i`ll say it this way:

1 Option enabled, then

- at start of program, check if enabled - and make a "save copy" ..It can be edited or not (but will be saved)
- If i make changes due to work of program and save (manually) the playlist, again to make it`s copy ( auto and additionally to my save)
- even when i change any tag or something else - again with pressing the "save tag" or else - it auto make a save .

Tell me if i`m not doing anything and just program works without to touch it , why it writes same files again and again without any changes

I want to say that only if somethng is changed (and option is enabled) , so only then you put this routine to make the autosave.

Yes, I think it will be possible to make it save the playlist only if it was changed - I scheduled this change the upcoming minor update (5.4.7.1).

Super, i think this will make less taks to do and may be more people will agree with me for this suggestion :)

So, i`m glad i`m helping to improve the program and it`s work.

Dmitriy

The possible bug was a real bug. It is 90 percent solved.
Now resume function still play the first track (in top) for very short time and jump fast to the position where it was last time (a track in the middle of the playlist, for example).

Dmitry, I found a little problem

At the interface not updated the Rating if modified and doing cue on the same track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back