RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sasa Grbic said:
No matter which columns are in the view / playlist columns, the reader screen reads all the columns.
That's due to how column hiding is implemented. Is it possible to instruct the screen reader to read only columns that are wider than, e.g. 5 pixels?

Sasa Grbic said:
Generally in software is the biggest problem most of the edit fields are unmarked and screen readers do not read their names.
JAWS was reading everything correctly, however, NVDA missed most of the captions. What screen reader do you use?

How can I check this with pixels? In the view / playlist columns do I see a column width adjustment field? As far as the screen reader is concerned, I usually use NVDA because it has a very good remote add-on so the computer with whom the radio program can access can also be accessed from remote locations.

Sasa Grbic said:
How can I check this with pixels? In the view / playlist columns do I see a column width adjustment field?
You should instruct screen reader software (perhaps in its settings) to make it not read narrow columns. RadioBOSS "hides" columns by setting its width to zero.

Sasa Grbic said:
As far as the screen reader is concerned, I usually use NVDA
Yes, NVDA misses many text labels, we'll try to improve it in the next beta version update.

Now I started Jaws. Nor did he read the edit field names when I moved the tab after the play list. If playback is not in progress, Jaws and NVDA will only say edit, and they will not say the name of that edit field. When playback is in progress when I hit the first edit field, both Jaws and NVDA say the name of the current song artist. When the playback is in progress, moving further on the tab I get various information about the current song. Then there is a button that either Jaws or NVDA do not name. This button is not visible to screen readers when there is no play.

Sasa Grbic said:
Now I started Jaws. Nor did he read the edit field names
IIRC, you need to enable the OCR feature in JAWS to make it read fields in RadioBOSS. The core problem here is that RadioBOSS uses graphical UI (the are many non-native controls that are pure graphic). We'll try to do something about it in one of the next updates.

djsoft said:
We'll add "Cart wall modification" to the list of access rights for users, thank you for the suggestion.

Is it possible for this to be applied per cart wall - e.g. have 'cart wall modification' in the access list, and then have an administrative option to assign cart walls to those restrictions? For our use case, one cart wall being restricted, and one cart wall being unrestricted would be useful.

Also my other issue with the carts lowering volume when clicked (even for API commands) - I think that was taking place on the old beta - it's working fine on 5.7.0.1 so please disregard my comments

There is a problem that happens with a limited user, when we check the option does not change the layout of the player, the column of the playlist disappears, in both the normal and auxiliary players. I think it's a real bug!

Attachments

• Normal.png
    Normal.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 409
  • permiss?es.png
    permiss?es.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 419
  • anormal.png
    anormal.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 419
southernfm said:
Is it possible for this to be applied per cart wall - e.g. have 'cart wall modification' in the access list, and then have an administrative option to assign cart walls to those restrictions? For our use case, one cart wall being restricted, and one cart wall being unrestricted would be useful.
Possibly in the future, at first we'll add general "Cart wall" rule to either allow or disallow cart wall for user completely.

southernfm said:
Also my other issue with the carts lowering volume when clicked (even for API commands) - I think that was taking place on the old beta - it's working fine on 5.7.0.1 so please disregard my comments
OK, thank you.

southernfm said:
Suggested feature: Able to adjust both cart background colour and font colour
Thank you, added to the dev queue.

celso said:
There is a problem that happens with a limited user, when we check the option does not change the layout of the player, the column of the playlist disappears, in both the normal and auxiliary players. I think it's a real bug!
It hides columns to disallow column modification. It's a limitation based on how "disallow changing playlist layout" feature is implemented.

Sami Orlando Ojeda Huaman said:
me gustaria que el radio boss  un potente  programa reprodusca temas por carpetas
This is possible using the Track List feature: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm

Hello,

Just trying out the beta and revisiting some issues I have noticed before but not really reported, I've noticed the following behaviour:

When enabling and using custom broadcast stream title format:
1) Does not start sending the custom format after its enabled (Must wait for track to change). I think when a setting is changed here, it should send out a title update.

2) Track artwork is only updated once after setting the custom format then not updated when track changes. Should this be clearing the artwork or still changing the artwork on each subsequent track?

3) If %casttitle (broadcast title) is used in the custom format and is not set (when a normal file plays), RadioBOSS sends "%casttitle" in the title update causing an error on Shoutcast:
2018-01-08 22:00:38    WARN    [ADMINCGI sid=1] Title update rejected - value not allowed: %casttitle test

4) If the broadcast title is set on a track (Network stream, URL etc) it overrides the 'Custom Title Format' - so really this means the custom title format also becomes invalid for Network Streams, URL's etc.

View Settings:
When changing the Title format: is it possible for the playlist to be refreshed/updated after clicking OK? Currently it only updates when the next track is played (and for that track, not the entire playlist).

Also I did request on another thread some time ago an API feature to set the broadcast title (at any time) and you asked for a use case which I never got back to you with (sorry!). Well, if a network/live stream is playing (And lets say it goes on for some hours and does not send track updates) we may be required to change the title of the broadcast - I know this can be done by editing the track whilst its playing but a) when you change the broadcast title and its currently playing, a track title update is not sent and b) it's a manual way of doing it. I suppose an event can be created and the option used to send the task name instead of the tracks, but API access would be even better as can be interfaced by other mechanisms if required.

Thanks  ;D

eddr said:
1) Does not start sending the custom format after its enabled (Must wait for track to change). I think when a setting is changed here, it should send out a title update.
Thanks for pointing this out, one of the next versions will title update.

eddr said:
2) Track artwork is only updated once after setting the custom format then not updated when track changes. Should this be clearing the artwork or still changing the artwork on each subsequent track?
Track artwork should be updated every track. However, there's a bug and it does not update sometimes when there's no artwork for a track.

eddr said:
3) If %casttitle (broadcast title) is used in the custom format and is not set (when a normal file plays), RadioBOSS sends "%casttitle" in the title update causing an error on Shoutcast:
You shouldn't use the %casttitle tag in broadcasting title format, it will not work properly. AThis tag is for notifications only.

eddr said:
4) If the broadcast title is set on a track (Network stream, URL etc) it overrides the 'Custom Title Format' - so really this means the custom title format also becomes invalid for Network Streams, URL's etc.
Yes, currently custom title for network stream overrides title format. I don't recall the reason why it works this way though...

eddr said:
When changing the Title format: is it possible for the playlist to be refreshed/updated after clicking OK? Currently it only updates when the next track is played (and for that track, not the entire playlist).
Yes, it's possible - noted for the future versions.

eddr said:
if a network/live stream is playing (And lets say it goes on for some hours and does not send track updates) we may be required to change the title of the broadcast
You can set multiple title formats and RadioBOSS will rotate between them (it's in Settings->Broadcast->Metadata). I also see no problem in adding API command to change the title, I added it to the dev queue.

There is a user permission failure in scheduler. Even disallowing all permissions, it is still possible to use the SAVE and SAVE SELECTED commands, in which case you can interfere with the system if we have saved two or more types of programming. The other is that it is still possible to mark "If run now was used, skip the next scheduled launch", being possible also to interfere if we do not check if it is marked or unmarked. Another failure is that it is possible to use the "ADD COMMAND" menu and through it to activate and deactivate many functions, then it is necessary to add it in the user permissions, as well as the function "Edit Playlist Item". Auto Intro function, Teaser, Track List Repeat Protection and Cart Wall.In the case of the Teaser a protection only not to save or modify the created profiles.In Cart wall not to modify the buttons, save or load profiles

Attachments

• Sem t?tulo.jpg
    Sem t?tulo.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 452
  • Sem t?tulo1.png
    Sem t?tulo1.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Sem t?tulo2.png
    Sem t?tulo2.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 435
  • Sem t?tulo3.png
    Sem t?tulo3.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 435
celso said:
it is still possible to use the SAVE and SAVE SELECTED commands, in which case you can interfere with the system if we have saved two or more types of programming.
Yes, you're right, those commands can be used to overwrite files - we'll lock them up too.
As for other issues, thank you for informing, the improvements will be done to fix those problems.

RadioBOSS 5.7.0.2 beta

Changes:
- Fixed statistics display bug
- Fixed cache bug
- Fixed ?wd scheduler macro bug
- Added "Open file location" command in Music Library
- Music Library: removed unnecessary configuration options
- Fixed: sometimes track duration was not calculated in Music Library
- Fixed "Move tracks to" command in playlist right-click menu
- Added "Sweeper repeat protection" menu command to Playlist->Extra
- Fixed UI bug in auto intro window
- Fixed user access control related bugs

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.7.0.2.exe

Wheslley said:
djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.7.0.1 beta

Changes:
- Fixed left panel resizing after minimize

The log panel is returning to the previous position since minimizing Radioboss, is this normal? Would it be good for him to obey the will of the user and to keep it in the established position, would that be possible? Or have another way to disable it.

This continues to happen here in the dark theme by minimizing the logs panel back to the previous position.

RadioBOSS 5.7.0.1 beta

Wheslley said:
This continues to happen here in the dark theme by minimizing the logs panel back to the previous position.
Please try RadioBOSS 5.7.0.2, will the problem exist there?

Latest Version Additional Workzone Issue.

No matter what settings I change the grid size to, the carts just appear in the top part of my additional workzone.

Attachments

• Radioboss addition workzone bug.png
    Radioboss addition workzone bug.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 432
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back