RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmitry
Is there any chance that SQL server is added in this beta? To use RadioBOSS network  :)

Another of the things I think would be good to add in this version:
-AutoIntro on the intro point of the songs. (also be able to filter the tracks that do not have a marked point)
-Add "Year" to AutoIntro filters
-Add to the interface when you are going to play a file in AutoIntro(for example see Capture)
-An option in the library to migrate the last reproduction and quantity of reproductions to the SQLite base

Attachments

• AutoIntro.png
    AutoIntro.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 418
Rafapara said:
It  would be great if we could insert starting and due dates to  each alternate track . So that ir would rondomly choose from The real active tracks
What do you mean, "real active tracks"?

nelson c said:
Is there any chance that SQL server is added in this beta? To use RadioBOSS network 
There's little chance, to say honestly - we'll see. Currently the dev queue is absolutely full.

nelson c said:
-AutoIntro on the intro point of the songs. (also be able to filter the tracks that do not have a marked point)
-Add "Year" to AutoIntro filters
-Add to the interface when you are going to play a file in AutoIntro(for example see Capture)
Those improvements should be added in one of the next beta version updates.

nelson c said:
An option in the library to migrate the last reproduction and quantity of reproductions to the SQLite base
If you use SQLite database to store track information, then this data is already there. In the future, when MySQL is used, it'll be there too.

nelson c said:
I'm also waiting for the documentation to be able to use the new API commands 
Technical writers are on it - I think in .2 or .3 you'll see the updates user manual with new commands.

Rafapara said:
It  would be great if we could insert starting and due dates to  each alternate track . So that ir would rondomly choose from The real active tracks

That would be great, sometimes there are customers who have different spots and may each expire on a different date.

On the other hand, and I know it would be to reorganize the entire advertising system, is not it possible that the ads mix at different times? Sometimes it can be very common for the same ads to be played every day at the same times.

jopara said:
That would be great, sometimes there are customers who have different spots and may each expire on a different date.
In this case, you should add those tracks as separate advert tracks and set its own dates, start times etc.

djsoft said:
Stops are always removed if you use the "Queue Mode" for the playlist - so that it removes everything that was "played". The option, when checked, allows to also remove "stops" when Queue Mode for the playlist is disabled.

Ah! Okay that works for us. Thanks!

djsoft said:
You shouldn't add it the API way - instead of "http://localhost:9000?pass=abc&cmd=play" try entering only play

While that works, it limits the capability a bit. For example with the API (entering http://ip:port/?pass=abc&cmd=play) it would allow our studios to remotely control each other. (e.g. cmd=stop for the other studio player).

Additionally we have a 'main' RadioBOSS which synchronises itself with the studio RadioBOSS PC's via some customisations we've made, but it would be ideal for there to be a cart wall to remotely control (e.g. remote load playlist into the player) the studio PC's. Considering the functionality is already there, but it's just loading two-four times when entered as a URL API command, I wonder if you'd reconsider fixing this. While it is possible for us to do this via normal HTML/web, it'd be nice to be able to do it via the cart wall.

Also: Minor bug - when a 'cart wall' item is pressed, and music is currently playing, the volume goes down slightly (anticipating a cart playing over audio) as per the Playback - Fading options. In the case of API commands, this shouldn't take place.

Using newest beta version 5.7.0.1

Bug: Auto Intro

Setting: 'Enable auto intro'
Source: C:\Promos
Probability: 100%
Condition: artist starts with [blank]

When you play the first track, it intro's correctly. Once the first track has finished, it gets stuck. Then it starts playing Auto ID - Auto ID - Auto ID (continuously) and doesn't advance the playlist. It changes which 'Auto ID' it plays each time but doesn't play the music in the playlist.

When probability is set to anything other than 100%, it works fine, and within the ratios expected.

Summary: Auto Intro bug when 100% probability set

Hello. I installed the beta version of the software tonight. In the field of accessibility, little has changed. I would have given a lot of suggestions to improve accessibility, but I do not know where to go. Do I have to write something that is not good for me, or do you have some suggestions on how to give you suggestions for improving software accessibility. Thank you.

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on December 28, 2017, 07:51:22 PM
An option in the library to migrate the last reproduction and quantity of reproductions to the SQLite base
If you use SQLite database to store track information, then this data is already there. In the future, when MySQL is used, it'll be there too.
When I activate "Use SQLite database", last play, count of plays, etc. disappears
The count for example starts at zero and increases. But the data that was stored in the file tags is lost.
I would like to be able to migrate them to the internal database, to then work only with the Database. (Until this is ready MySQL :) )

Continue in this line with the development that this software is more and more wonderful.

And by the way, I wish you a very happy new year! :D

nelson c said:
On the ztreaming statistics: Are they stored somewhere?, I would like to have this information for long-term measurements. Beyond that this limited to show a graph of up to 365 days, it would be interesting that this information for future audits.

Waiting for more information on the new API commands :)

Bug:
Each time you minimize and Max the program, the left pane returns to its default width.

External SQL server (to work on network PC), will be implemented in this beta?  :)

I also have this problem that when I minimize Radioboss and then maximize it, it shows a left pane reduced to a quarter of its  original size.

southernfm said:
While that works, it limits the capability a bit. For example with the API (entering http://ip:port/?pass=abc&cmd=play) it would allow our studios to remotely control each other. (e.g. cmd=stop for the other studio player).
For this, you should call the URL using the "download" scheduler command (do not specify file name, so it will only call the URL): http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm

southernfm said:
While it is possible for us to do this via normal HTML/web, it'd be nice to be able to do it via the cart wall.
You can call URLs from cart wall too, using the "download" scheduler command, same as in scheduler.

southernfm said:
Summary: Auto Intro bug when 100% probability set
Thank you for the information - we'll check this bug.

Sasa Grbic said:
Do I have to write something that is not good for me
Yes, please tell us what windows, or items in the windows are not accessible or poorly accessible. Currently RadioBOSS works much better with JAWS screen reader.

stokemusic said:
I also have this problem that when I minimize Radioboss and then maximize it, it shows a left pane reduced to a quarter of its  original size.
djkelvison said:
Each time you minimize and Max the program, the left pane returns to its default width.
Please try the most recent RadioBOSS 5.7.0.1, the problem should be fixed there.

nelson c said:
When I activate "Use SQLite database", last play, count of plays, etc. disappears
The count for example starts at zero and increases. But the data that was stored in the file tags is lost.
I would like to be able to migrate them to the internal database, to then work only with the Database. (Until this is ready MySQL  )
This is possible from the Music Library: menu Tools->Convert additional information.

Question, is there a way to implement a MIDI interface ? We would like to control the cart player with a Novation Launchpad.

Thanks Dmitry - Scheduler commands work via 'download' method.

Suggested feature: Able to have a cart wall section be 'locked down' by an admin user, so a normal user can't adjust the carts that have been setup. We currently have two cart walls, 'station carts' which contain carts for everyone to use, and 'personal carts' which presenters can load in at their leisure. In our use case, locking down the 'station carts' would be ideal to prevent an inconsistent setup between presenters, if one decided to change some of the carts.

In case you missed it:
Minor bug - when a 'cart wall' item is pressed, and music is currently playing, the volume goes down slightly (anticipating a cart playing over audio) as per the Playback - Fading options. In the case of API commands, this shouldn't take place.

Hello. All I'm writing implies I have access to accessibility mode. Moving first from the play list. No matter which columns are in the view / playlist columns, the reader screen reads all the columns. They also read some graphic icons. It says graphic icon and some number. When I continue to navigate through the tab, I come across several unmarked edit fields. Generally in software is the biggest problem most of the edit fields are unmarked and screen readers do not read their names.

southernfm said:
Suggested feature: Able to have a cart wall section be 'locked down' by an admin user, so a normal user can't adjust the carts that have been setup. We currently have two cart walls, 'station carts' which contain carts for everyone to use, and 'personal carts' which presenters can load in at their leisure. In our use case, locking down the 'station carts' would be ideal to prevent an inconsistent setup between presenters, if one decided to change some of the carts.
We'll add "Cart wall modification" to the list of access rights for users, thank you for the suggestion.

southernfm said:
Minor bug - when a 'cart wall' item is pressed, and music is currently playing, the volume goes down slightly (anticipating a cart playing over audio) as per the Playback - Fading options. In the case of API commands, this shouldn't take place.
Does it use the "download" command?

Eltee said:
Question, is there a way to implement a MIDI interface ? We would like to control the cart player with a Novation Launchpad.
Currently it does not support MIDI natively. Some MIDI controllers support emulating of keyboard keys, if yours supports this, then you can use it with RadioBOSS. Right-click the cart wall tab to set its hot key, then make your MIDI controller emulate those keys.
More info about cart wall hot keys: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/cart_wall.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back