RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was running more than 24 hours and then suddenly this happened .... as i see just after it "unpause" from a "sheduled track"...

Saw that and decide to show you.

P.S: Just right now it make it again with other address and 00000D at the end.
Access violation at address 00D0AFE8 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 0000000D.
Access violation at address 00C855FB in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 0000000D.
Access violation at address 00D91086 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 0000000D.

Nevermind, installing back version that was before - no any problem like that with it.

klinsoft said:
Saw that and decide to show you.

P.S: Just right now it make it again with other address and 00000D at the end.
Access violation at address 00D0AFE8 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 0000000D.
Thank you for reporting those problems, but as we've seen those previously, they only occur when RadioBOSS files were modified - deliberately or due to virus attack or some 3rd party software interfering.
What version did you install that did not have such problem?

I have antivirus, but with 5.4.7.1 it`s not like that.
That`s why i decide that is a bug.

It may be the antivirus , i don`t know.

Hello Dmitry,

Use bed for playback works in the simultaneous player? I intend to use it while announcing the temperature (Automatic weather announcements using pre-recorded files)

nelson c said:
Use bed for playback works in the simultaneous player? I intend to use it while announcing the temperature (Automatic weather announcements using pre-recorded files)
Yes, it should work there too.

unfortunately, it does not work  :(

The bed is not reproduced in the simultaneous player.

And in the main player does not work if the macro is used
C:\Weather\Temp\TMP?temp.MP3

In the main player only inserts the bed if I add the file
C:\Weather\Temp\TMP7.MP3
but in the simultaneous player this does not insert the bed either

Dmitry,
I have an other question.
I'm driving the rating in a BD outside of RB and the idea is to generate a playlist with PLGen Pro.
Based on the rating I want to handle the priority of a song as I was doing from RadioBOSS.

To handle this I thought about duplicating a song in a playlist, so that the PLGen Pro random has more chances to choose this track.

The question here is the following:
In this Item the track "Coldplay - Clocks" is twice as likely to be chosen?

Attachments

• PLGen.png
    PLGen.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 563
nelson c said:
The bed is not reproduced in the simultaneous player.
It could be a bug, thank you for the information, scheduled for RadioBOSS 5.8.

nelson c said:
And in the main player does not work if the macro is used
It could be a bug too :)

nelson c said:
The question here is the following:
In this Item the track "Coldplay - Clocks" is twice as likely to be chosen?
Unlikely, as playlist generator removes duplicates from the sources in most cases. You should create priority rules based on e.g. rating or other field and modify this tag field.

djsoft said:
You should create priority rules based on e.g. rating or other field and modify this tag field.
Rating and custom fields without doubt is the best alternative. The problem is that you can not modify this from the API for now.

I have to think of some other alternative while.

It would also be great to can read and modify the intro point from the WriteTag API command.
I hope it can be implemented soon :D

nelson c said:
Rating and custom fields without doubt is the best alternative. The problem is that you can not modify this from the API for now.
This will be possible in RadioBOSS 5.8 - actually, it should be already possible in RadioBOSS 5.7.2, the "Rating" field in the XML data for readtag/writetag API commands.

nelson c said:
It would also be great to can read and modify the intro point from the WriteTag API command.
I hope it can be implemented soon
This will be added in the future updates.

djsoft said:
en realidad, ya deber?a ser posible en RadioBOSS 5.7.2, el campo "Calificaci?n" en los datos XML para los comandos API de lectura / escritura.
It's true !, good data :)

Is it foreseen that custom fields can be used as a filter in AutoIntro?
It would be something very interesting

An approximate date for RB 5.8 Beta?

nelson c said:
Is it foreseen that custom fields can be used as a filter in AutoIntro?
Likely, yes, this is planned for the future updates.

nelson c said:
An approximate date for RB 5.8 Beta?
Currently it's under development and I think the beta should be ready by September or October.

Hello Dmitry,
any idea why this event did not happen today?
This event has been going on for months and today, strangely, it did not work.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 544
nelson c said:

Hi Nelson,

Do you have any time adjusting software on your computer at all? If the time was adjusted at exactly the same time RadioBOSS was about to perform the event, it may have slipped the time just enough for the event not to action.

southernfm said:
Do you have any time adjusting software on your computer at all? If the time was adjusted at exactly the same time RadioBOSS was about to perform the event, it may have slipped the time just enough for the event not to action.
Yes, that's one of the possibilities. Another is that if the event is edited just before it's supposed to start, it may not start.

southernfm said:
nelson c said:

Hi Nelson,

Hi southerfm, There is no software that edits the time.
There are few applications on the air pc. And none should do this..

djsoft said:
Yes, that's one of the possibilities. Another is that if the event is edited just before it's supposed to start, it may not start.
It was early morning, at that time there is no one using the PC.

Sometimes RB hangs for a few seconds, (For example, when a playlist is being generated on another PC, the same storage unit is used)
Now I suspect that the problem may come from this side

nelson c said:
Now I suspect that the problem may come from this side
If it freezes for some time, this could mean that there's not enough CPU power and yes this could lead to events being skipped. But generating a playlist on another computer should not affect things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back