RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
southernfm said:
For us we'd want the functionality of the scheduled breaks populating the playlist, but not starting immediately if the playlist is stopped. If the playlist is already running, then it can insert itself as it did in 5.7.0.2 and that would suit us.
Thank you for the detailed description. A configuration option will be added to make it work how it was before.

DJSTU said:
It has always struck me as VERY strange that events (any) for some reason beyond me, start the Playlist playing, when the intent of the event itself is not to do that.
This is due to the nature of the events in RadioBOSS: you schedule a certain item to play at certain time. It doesn't matter if the playlist is playing or not already. It will play the scheduled item.

The concept of making events "non-activating" is interesting. The danger here is that there are already lots of options for events :)

For now, I think a global configuration would suffice, to control what the "Do not action if the playlist is stopped" option does:
- insert but do not play - the pre-RadioBOSS 5.8 behavior;
- do not action event at all - the current behavior, that turned out to break some existing installations; but will be the default from now on, it's what User Manual says it supposed to do.

DJSTU said:
(a) Box to "Continue Playlist when the Event has Finished" giving the possibility of the event being standalone or not as the case maybe. This could be ticked by Default ?
You can make it play only this event using the "Overlay playback" option.

djsoft said:
For now, I think a global configuration would suffice, to control what the "Do not action if the playlist is stopped" option does:
- insert but do not play - the pre-RadioBOSS 5.8 behavior;
- do not action event at all - the current behavior, that turned out to break some existing installations; but will be the default from now on, it's what User Manual says it supposed to do.

That would work for us

Feature request: Ability to lock down cart walls on an individual basis.

Currently we have a 'STATION CARTS' (which we don't want adjusted) and a 'PERSONAL CARTS' screen which we don't mind if the presenters edit.

If possible, an option could be added per cart wall to tick a 'Locked' box or something like that - that way if the 'edit cart wall' option is unticked in the user settings, they can't edit the cart wall screen. Or if it's been 'unlocked', then they can edit them.

This isn't a imminent request, just something to suggest for the future.

southernfm said:
If possible, an option could be added per cart wall to tick a 'Locked' box or something like that - that way if the 'edit cart wall' option is unticked in the user settings, they can't edit the cart wall screen. Or if it's been 'unlocked', then they can edit them.
Thank you for the feature request, this will be added in one of the next updates.

RadioBOSS 5.8.0.7 release

Changes
- Minor bugs fixed

Download: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_5.8.0.7.exe

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.8.0.7 release

Changes
- Minor bugs fixed

Can confirm, advanced setting 'Events - Lagacy bahavior for "Do not action event when playlist is stopped" option' works.

Just minor spelling adjustments - "Legacy" and "Behavior"

Thanks for putting the setting back.

Minor bug:
'On Air' section has a red line that goes across to show the currently playing part of the track. If 'Stop' is pressed, the bars disappear from the 'On Air' section, and the red line holds in place. If 'Stop' is pressed again, then the line disappears.

Attachments

• playing1.PNG
    playing1.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 375
  • playing2.PNG
    playing2.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 361
Question:

When an MP3 is played in RadioBOSS now, RadioBOSS is modifying the MP3 file itself (the 'date modified' is changed).

What is happening to the MP3 to cause the update to take place? Is there any way to stop this from taking place?

The reason I ask is, we have a script which mirrors our main RadioBOSS system in our control room, and copies any changed files into the studios we have. This is triggered on a file being modified.

The script used is made in-house, so if it is no longer possible to prevent RadioBOSS updating the MP3 files themselves, please advise, and I'll look into alternative synchronisation arrangements.

southernfm said:
Can confirm, advanced setting 'Events - Lagacy bahavior for "Do not action event when playlist is stopped" option' works.

Just minor spelling adjustments - "Legacy" and "Behavior"
Thank you - I'm glad this works, and sorry for those typos, the feature was added in a hurry, it's release time :)

southernfm said:
Minor bug:
'On Air' section has a red line that goes across to show the currently playing part of the track. If 'Stop' is pressed, the bars disappear from the 'On Air' section, and the red line holds in place. If 'Stop' is pressed again, then the line disappears.
It appears to be a bug, will be fixed in one of the next update.

southernfm said:
When an MP3 is played in RadioBOSS now, RadioBOSS is modifying the MP3 file itself (the 'date modified' is changed).
Yes, it updates the playcount and last played tags in the file (stored in the APEv2 tag).

southernfm said:
What is happening to the MP3 to cause the update to take place? Is there any way to stop this from taking place?
You can switch to store additional information outside of mp3 files in a database (this is hassle free, no complicated server setup, switching to SQLite is merely two clicks in settings window). Please see this page for more information about this: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

If you decide to use the database, I also advice to enable tag caching to significantly improve performance: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/tag-cache.htm

djsoft said:
You can switch to store additional information outside of mp3 files in a database (this is hassle free, no complicated server setup, switching to SQLite is merely two clicks in settings window). Please see this page for more information about this: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

Been using RadioBOSS for a fair while now and here I am learning new things still! Thank you, that fixed our issue.

southernfm said:
Been using RadioBOSS for a fair while now and here I am learning new things still! Thank you, that fixed our issue.
I'm glad it worked! While it's mentioned in the user manual, I'd still like to note that when using a database the music files (or folders where the files are located) can't be renamed, as it will lead to a loss of additional information.

Thanks will keep that in mind.

New Bug:
Sometimes, the cart wall font (settings > view > cart wall font) does not always appear as it should. For example, Tahoma 'bold' only comes up Tahoma. Same with italics, bold italics etc.

Sizing seems okay, just bold/italics doesn't always appear.

Also - when loading cart wall, if it had an old font before, it will import the old font into the cart wall. This can lead to inconsistencies when multiple cart walls are in use. It appears to resolve itself if the cart wall font setting is set again.

I have a problem. I decided to buy the Stereo tool. I have a basic license plus decliner. When screen reader mode is turned on, it can not be registered. I did the registration through the web interface but only when I turned off the screen reader mode. I also tried to run a song request script via the dynamic dns. When active screen reader mode RadioBoss is not responding. When I turn it on, RadioBoss responds neatly when I enter rbserver: port in the adressbar. I do not have so much trouble with the song request script because it can not be used because of closed ports on the site. The bigger the problem is that my StereoTool license comes down when I turn on Screen reader mode.

southernfm said:
Sometimes, the cart wall font (settings > view > cart wall font) does not always appear as it should. For example, Tahoma 'bold' only comes up Tahoma. Same with italics, bold italics etc.

Sizing seems okay, just bold/italics doesn't always appear.

Also - when loading cart wall, if it had an old font before, it will import the old font into the cart wall. This can lead to inconsistencies when multiple cart walls are in use. It appears to resolve itself if the cart wall font setting is set again.
Thank you, we'll address those issues in the next update.

Sasa Grbic said:
The bigger the problem is that my StereoTool license comes down when I turn on Screen reader mode.
This is a problem we can't solve from here, as StereoTool is a 3rd party software and we don't have control over how it operates. We can disable the accessible VST mode when screen reader mode is active, as I suppose the accessible VST mode does not always work as it supposed to.

Yes, it would be good to have accessible vst mode when active screen reader mode is enabled or disabled if necessary. That is good for you if you have someone with you who does not have a problem with seeing that he can check his options. It would be a good idea to check if I'm right that RadioBOSS can not go online when the screen reader mode is active. Perhaps StereoTool is unable to communicate with its license server and therefore the license down.

Sasa Grbic said:
Yes, it would be good to have accessible vst mode when active screen reader mode is enabled or disabled if necessary.
We'll add this option in one of the future updates.

Sasa Grbic said:
check if I'm right that RadioBOSS can not go online when the screen reader mode is active. Perhaps StereoTool is unable to communicate with its license server and therefore the license down.
RadioBOSS itself is not affected by screen reader mode. Any other software may or may not be affected by it - I can't say if StereoTool has any problems with it. You can consider running it in a stand alone mode with virtual audio cards to make it run independently from RadioBOSS.

hello! i have two questions:

1. is it possible to receive and answer this forum via e-mail, or receive notifications when someone answers me?
the another question is: where i can control the jingles volume, when the option same as the main soundcard is selected in options? i control the volume in the slider, but if i play jingles with numbers, the volume is not afected. and, if i uncheck the option same soundcard, the equalizer dont afect jingles. sorry for my bad english.

Nuno Costa said:
is it possible to receive and answer this forum via e-mail, or receive notifications when someone answers me?
You can click the Notify button (it's located at the top and bottom of the posts list) to subscribe to certain forum topics to get notified when a new answer is posted there.

Nuno Costa said:
where i can control the jingles volume, when the option same as the main soundcard is selected in options?
The jingles are always played at full volume. But you can create file type for a jingle and modify its playback level setting: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm

Hello Dmitry,
I am using PlayList Generator Pro in network, with MySQL (With tag cache).
However, I am looking at a very large transfer. (It seems to be analyzing the files).
There may be a problem?

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 381
nelson c said:
I am using PlayList Generator Pro in network, with MySQL (With tag cache).
However, I am looking at a very large transfer. (It seems to be analyzing the files).
There may be a problem?
I'm not sure, it could be database requests, as it will make a request for every file. It should not read the files as all the information it needs is in the database, but we'll check if there's a bug and it still reads the files for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back