RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RadioBOSS 5.8.0.5 RC

What's new
  • adsremote scheduler command added: update ads on remote RadioBOSS
  • Fixed: playrequestedsong command did not work in the playlist
  • MySQL connection is more persistent: automatic reconnect and notification when database is not available
  • Fixed: intro countdown was shown when "stop after this track" was enabled
  • Fixed: some overlay playback events could still be heard when relaying was active
  • Track Tool: "Set" button is now more precise
  • Track Tool fixed Next/Prev buttons sometimes did not work correctly
  • Fixed broadcasting statistics window bug: encoder list was scrolled to the top
  • Fixed: %nextsong variable sometimes didn't work
  • Minor UI changes
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.5.exe

djsoft said:
Fixed: %nextsong variable sometimes didn't work

Unfortunately the fix to %nextsong has solved one problem, but created another.
In nowplaying.txt it is now putting the song in twice.

index.php

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 1 - 05Nov2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 1 - 05Nov2018.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 520
DJSTU said:
In nowplaying.txt it is now putting the song in twice.
It appears that you use the %nextsong tag in stream format and also enabled the "Include next track info in nowplaying" option (Settings->Reports), that's why the next song title is listed twice.

andres said:
hello I would like to try the new beta version

License key:
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires December 15, 2018.

Download
RadioBOSS 5.8 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.5.exe (11/3/2018, 30Mb)

nelson c said:
I think that in the future the graphic part of AutoIntro must be redesigned.
It is necessary to show when a Sweapers is going to be inserted (With a counter of the time remaining to start), what sweapers will be inserted, and give the possibility of manually canceling the insertion.
I agree.  There have been times the AI has caught a few of us out.

I would really like to see the voicetracking feature include a segue editor so that we are able to audition the outro and Intro and hear it whilst recording the VT.  The option to edit the audio this way would be welcomed.  I have seen and used this in other playout systems and believe it would add enormous value to RadioBoss in the future

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 353
Michael G said:
I agree.  There have been times the AI has caught a few of us out.
The feature initially was designed to be used in unattended mode, that's why the UI does not indicate about the upcoming Auto Intro insertion. This will be improved in the future.

Michael G said:
I would really like to see the voicetracking feature include a segue editor so that we are able to audition the outro and Intro and hear it whilst recording the VT.  The option to edit the audio this way would be welcomed.  I have seen and used this in other playout systems and believe it would add enormous value to RadioBoss in the future
Thank you for the suggestion! We plan on reworking the Segue Editor - it will include the ability to record and prelisten voicetracks, amongst other new features.

djsoft said:
Thank you for the suggestion! We plan on reworking the Segue Editor - it will include the ability to record and prelisten voicetracks, amongst other new features.
Now that is music to my ears :) Looking forward to it!

I can't drag'n'drop that indicator, and finally there's no option to move this back to the start to 0:00:00.

Attachments

• w1_001950.jpg
    w1_001950.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 360
vk1337 // Basti said:
I can't drag'n'drop that indicator, and finally there's no option to move this back to the start to 0:00:00.
Currently dragging it is not supported, you can only click at a new position to move it. It also supports Home and End keys to move it to the beginning and end, respectively.

RadioBOSS 5.8.0.6 RC

What's new
  • Fixed occasional crash when audio device was initialized
  • Fixed Track Tool playback level was not respected in overlay events
  • Fixed playlist generator window display on high DPI screens
  • Minor translation and user manual updates
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.6.exe

Algunas cuestiones para TENER EN CUENTA:
1- AGREGAR POSIBILIDAD de que cuando agregas una URL de STREAM, si al momento de reproducirla NO la encuentra activa, pase al proximo tema del PLAYLIST y luego vuelva a INTENTAR tomar la URL STREAM y asi dar opcion de 1 o varias veces.
2- OPCION DE HORA TEMPERATURA y HUMEDAD, que sea FACIL como en ZARA RADIO.
3- ORDEN DE PRIORIDADES PARA EVENTOS SUPERPUESTOS EN LA MISMA HORA/MINUTOS. Ej. TANDA de la HORA, enlace de URL STREAM, Carga de programa o Lista de reproduccion, etc.
4-Traer INTEGRADOS PLUGINS (aoparte del EQ y Compressor) por Ej. TOMAS LIMITER, o Sound Solution 1.3 (que son LIBRES y GRATUITOS) y COMPATIBILIDAD con Windows 10.
5- POSIBILIDAD de poner en un MISMO EVENTO distintos DIAS y HORARIOS. Ej. Un programa que se emite el SABADO a las 10 y 18 hs, pero... el DOMINGO solo a las 18 u otr hora.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!! Gari Ramos By. FM BUENOS AIRES 89.7 URUGUAY.

When I have ad scheduler events running, if the "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" checkbox is selected, then the ads do not get added to the playlist, and a message comes up in the log file that says

"Do not action event when the playlist is stopped" flag is enabled.

I can understand this function, however previously, I believe that the ads would go into the playlist, but they would not start.

Otherwise, how can I get this functionality back? It seems different since 5.7.0.2.

I'd basically like the ads to be scheduled into the playlist, enqueued, ready for action when the presenter presses play. Currently if the playlist is stopped, it starts playing the ads immediately, if 'Do not action event when the playlist is stopped' is unchecked.

Attachments

• adscheduler.png
    adscheduler.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 366
southernfm said:
I can understand this function, however previously, I believe that the ads would go into the playlist, but they would not start.
This was changed in this version, and now events do not action at all when the playlist is stopped. Do you think we should add an option to control what this function does?

TRANSLATING (we hope) for user "fmba" from Uruguay"

Some issues to BEAR IN MIND:

1- ADD POSSIBILITY that when you add a STREAM URL, if at the moment of reproducing it it is NOT active, go to the next PLAYLIST theme and then try again to take the STREAM URL and thus give option of 1 or several times.

2- TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY HOUR OPTION, that is EASY as in ZARA RADIO.

3- ORDER OF PRIORITIES FOR SUPERIMPOSED EVENTS IN THE SAME TIME / MINUTES. Eg TUNING of the TIME, URL link STREAM, Loading program or Playlist, etc.

4-Bring INTEGRATED PLUGINS (a pair of the EQ and Compressor) eg TOMAS LIMITER, or Sound Solution 1.3 (which are FREE and FREE) and COMPATIBILITY with Windows 10.

5- POSSIBILITY to put in a SAME EVENT different DAYS and SCHEDULES. Eg A program that is broadcast on SATURDAY at 10 and 6 pm, but ... on SUNDAY only at 18 or another hour.

THANK YOU!!! Gari Ramos By. FM BUENOS AIRES 89.7 URUGUAY.

djsoft said:
This was changed in this version, and now events do not action at all when the playlist is stopped. Do you think we should add an option to control what this function does?

Yes, this would be fairly impactful on us. We currently have 3 breaks per hour, 19th minute, 39th minute, 59th minute, where scheduled events come in (sponsors, news etc.). This gives our presenters around 1 minute to be able to back announce, wind up etc. prior to pressing play on the scheduled announcements. It is also useful when automation is in place, so our scheduled breaks inject themselves, then the automation continues.

Some of our presenters use other systems, and only use RadioBOSS for the sponsored breaks. As it is currently, the sponsored breaks would start immediately and likely interfere with music or other sources of audio as soon as the 19th/39th/59th minute hit.

For us we'd want the functionality of the scheduled breaks populating the playlist, but not starting immediately if the playlist is stopped. If the playlist is already running, then it can insert itself as it did in 5.7.0.2 and that would suit us.

djsoft said:

The fact that it inserts into the Playlist is not the problem. There should be an overall policy that governs this, not just an exception for any one event.

It has always struck me as VERY strange that events (any) for some reason beyond me, start the Playlist playing, when the intent of the event itself is not to do that.
There should be a distinction between activating events and non-activating events.
For instance START PLAY is an activating event. PLAY TRACK is an activating event. Whereas INSERT TIME is not an activating event. INSERT ADS is not an activating event.
The distinction should be :
(a) Is this an event which requires the Playlist to start on-air audio, or even just for the Event itself to start on-air audio (which (to my mind) should stop once that particular audio is played), like Play Track for example.
(b) OR is it an event that requires insertion BUT NOT starting on-air audio.

This needs to be outside of the choice of "Do not insert event when the Playlist is Stopped" as obviously when that box is ticked, nothing happens with the event.

Maybe choices are needed as follows :
(a) Box to "Continue Playlist when the Event has Finished" giving the possibility of the event being standalone or not as the case maybe. This could be ticked by Default ?
(b) Box which says "Insert as Non Playlist Activating Event".

ubmchicago said:
1- ADD POSSIBILITY that when you add a STREAM URL, if at the moment of reproducing it it is NOT active, go to the next PLAYLIST theme and then try again to take the STREAM URL and thus give option of 1 or several times.
I suggest using the new Relay feature for this: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm
It will play a network stream, going to playlist when the stream is unavailable, and back to stream when it's active.

ubmchicago said:
2- TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY HOUR OPTION, that is EASY as in ZARA RADIO.
Can you please provide more information on what should it do?

ubmchicago said:
3- ORDER OF PRIORITIES FOR SUPERIMPOSED EVENTS IN THE SAME TIME / MINUTES. Eg TUNING of the TIME, URL link STREAM, Loading program or Playlist, etc.
You can order events by assigning them a different time, e.g.
12:00:00 - first event
12:00:01 - next event, will be queued after the first event and so on

ubmchicago said:
4-Bring INTEGRATED PLUGINS (a pair of the EQ and Compressor) eg TOMAS LIMITER, or Sound Solution 1.3 (which are FREE and FREE) and COMPATIBILITY with Windows 10.
RadioBOSS supports VST and Winamp DSP plugins, this should allow you to use the plugins you mentioned.

ubmchicago said:
5- POSSIBILITY to put in a SAME EVENT different DAYS and SCHEDULES. Eg A program that is broadcast on SATURDAY at 10 and 6 pm, but ... on SUNDAY only at 18 or another hour.
Thank you for the suggestion - this feature will appear in one of the next updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back