RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It uses a totally different method of selecting tracks, if you want tracks from one folder play more often than from another, you can use build the rotation like this:
(Track List) Folder 1
(Track List) Folder 2
(Track List) Folder 2

Here, tracks from "Folder 1" will be selected 33% of times (1/3), and from "Folder 2" 67% of times (2/3).

armibal1980 said:
I wanted to say between playlist, is it the same?
You can select random tracks from the playlists as well. More information about the Track List feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm

Here is a feature that I would like to see added: the ability to specify which days/times in checkbox grid format a scheduled event can run. Sort of what the Ad Scheduler does, but for actual playlist events. Can we get something like this for the next round of beta?

It would be nice to close the log tab, this might be good to keep the look cleaner. Do not you think that's good?

SertanejaPop said:
It would be nice to close the log tab, this might be good to keep the look cleaner. Do not you think that's good?

I think this is good and I add an option to open the log in the additional windows as it is done in the playlist, cart wall ..., so we have a range of better options to view the log.

ubmchicago said:
Here is a feature that I would like to see added: the ability to specify which days/times in checkbox grid format a scheduled event can run. Sort of what the Ad Scheduler does, but for actual playlist events.
We plan on adding a "multiple start times" feature in one of the next updates (currently planned for RB 5.9).

SertanejaPop said:
The main reason why Log is currently always stays visible (except for cases when you hide the left part of the window) is that RadioBOSS does not usually show popup error messages. Instead, those are displayed in the log and when something goes wrong, you see the reason - but if the log is not visible, the error is not seen completely.
You can resize the log to have the minimum height.

jingles assignment problem.
Hello, as you know, I use screen readers, that is. I use the accessible mode.
I don't know if it's a radio boss bug that happens for everyone, or just me, but for everyone who uses screen readers, it happens.
I'll assign jingles, and when I click the assign button and choose the file, the radio boss loses focus, I have to press alt tab for focusing again the radio boss window, and then continue assigning the gingles. This happens when I click the open button in the choose file dialog.

Nuno Costa said:
I'll assign jingles, and when I click the assign button and choose the file, the radio boss loses focus
Yes, a quick test confirmed the problem, we'll fix it in the next update.

When using the RadioBOSS application to perform the update in RadioBOSS Advanced, if the user logged in doesn't have permission to close RadioBOSS, then it shows the permission denied prompt, and leaves RadioBOSS open during the installation procedure. This leads to the installation not being able to continue as RadioBOSS is still open.

It is a minor inconvenience that can be worked around fairly easily, but I'd imagine if the 'Automatically check for updates' selection is on, then the application should allow for itself to be updated (e.g. if an admin wanted the user not to be able to update, they would untick that option'.

Alternatively - it should prompt to say an admin user (or user with 'close application permission') needs to be logged into RadioBOSS Advanced in order for the installation to continue.

southernfm said:
Alternatively - it should prompt to say an admin user (or user with 'close application permission') needs to be logged into RadioBOSS Advanced in order for the installation to continue.
This appears to be a good solution for this case. Noted for the future versions.

Hello. When I open the check update help menu if there is a new version of the software, the NVDA Screen reader reads that there is a new version of the software, but it is not possible to click on the install button to complete the update. I have to go manually downloading and installing RadioBOSS. Does this need or is it a bug in accessibility?

This is a bug - the Install link can't be focused, therefore is only accessible when using a mouse. Will be fixed in the next update.

Hello Dmitry:
It will be possible to add as an identifier of a file type to the customizable fields?

Thank you

nelson c said:
It will be possible to add as an identifier of a file type to the customizable fields?
There is already such a field, it's assigned when you select "File type" in Track tool or in other places.

Another thing is that we plan on adding a tag system for files, and those tags can be used for file types too.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
There is already such a field, it's assigned when you select "File type" in Track tool or in other places.
This request is born because I need to establish a file type from the API.
I know about tracktool, but this tag is not available from the readtag and writetag commands. Will it be possible to add it?
Another thing is that we plan on adding a tag system for files, and those tags can be used for file types too.
Sounds interesting. A kind of Mp3Tag?

nelson c said:
It's like categories, where you can assign one or more categories, or tags, to a track. Like "Track A" belongs to categories "Rock", "90s". IIRC, this is what you have proposed some time ago and currently it's planned for RadioBOSS 5.9 (late 2019).

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It's like categories, where you can assign one or more categories, or tags, to a track. Like "Track A" belongs to categories "Rock", "90s". IIRC, this is what you have proposed some time ago and currently it's planned for RadioBOSS 5.9 (late 2019).
Great news.
I wonder if the development of RB now will be slower.
We were customary to two versions per year  :(

nelson c said:
Quote from: nelson c on March 01, 2019, 06:06:43 PM
This request is born because I need to establish a file type from the API.
I know about tracktool, but this tag is not available from the readtag and writetag commands. Will it be possible to add it?
I think he forgot about this

nelson c said:
I wonder if the development of RB now will be slower.
We were customary to two versions per year 
This year there will be several minor updates, 5.8.x, this is to improve overall software quality.

nelson c said:
Yes, this will be added in 5.8.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back