RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
repeat protection buffer and tracks will not repeat across playlists: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/generating-multiple-playlists.htm
why should i believe you since you don't believe me? Isn't my honesty as good as yours? I experienced artist repetion when i used it and at the time i showed you. The fact is that you mention tracks, not artists :) Anyway I don't care anymore about generator because i quit using it after i got some artists repeated as i told you a thousand times. I even quit coming here reporting the same problem over and over. And guess what, never your problem, always mine. I just wish that someone will start to check up their rotations regarding rules separation. I'm really tired of bringing the issue but it's jut because it won't go away.

RadioBOSS 6.0.1.1 beta

Changes

• Multiple tracks can be dragged in the playlist
  • Improved network stream relay (faster switch to and from relay)
  • Fixed bug: teasers sometimes did not finish in time
  • Improved sorting by duration in Search and Music Library (considers Start and End points set for tracks)
Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.1.1.exe
See... you listen to some and then are "the others". Others like me that sometimes get a few artists repeated, but that's not too important, especially if it's a 24/7 music radio... who cares about it. Just being ironic ;)

I've been using 6.0.0.0 for a month now and here are my findings, suggestions:
Please update to the newer version, 11 updates were released since the initial 6.0.0 release, and all issues you've listed are resolved.

Where is the music database saved? It used to be easy to find in C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net
It's stored in the database file. "Tracks.db" if you use the default SQLite storage, or inside the MySQL database if you choose to use it.

Would it be possible to make the database editable in Excel or similar? I use the very useful auto tweet function and place the artists twitter handle in the comments section, if I could do this all within the one place it would be easier.
You don't need to edit music library in Excel to make Twitter posts. Database can be exported as XML if you need it accessible from somewhere else. Using notifications is a better solution if you need Twitter updates: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/twitter-post-nowplaying-statuses.3566/

In Generator Category it would be important to be able to use keyboard to Suppress (Del). Also to be able to edit File Items from there and to be able to view long file names as I show in the example.
Thank you for the suggestions, will be implemented in the next update.

In the Library it would be very interesting to be able to drag tracks to give them a personalized order. The individual preview would be interesting.
The library is not stored in order so it wouldn't be possible. There are sorting capabilities that you can use to list tracks in the propper order.

Let me give you an example. If you click on the song One the enter key then automatically throws you to the last song or in the middle of the playlist is not fixed
This does not reproduce here. If you use the arrow keys to navigate in the playlist, then pressing Enter starts the currently focused track. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS version? I've also did a quick test with Narrator and it properly reads the playlist items, and the correct item is started.

I guess i am the only one that uses tracklist and pay attention to the results.
Track List is used by a lot of RadioBOSS users, and also RadioBOSS Clous users, we have never seen any problems with repeats when the configuration is correct. No tests here confirm the problem that's why it can't be fixed at this point. The only case when it ignores the repeat protection rules is when it's unable to find an appropriate track - in this case, it simpy selects any random track ignoring all the rules; it also shows a warning so you can know that rules should be fixed. Perhaps this is what happens. In Track List, too strict rules = no rules.

i've suggested some improvments 3 years ago, like "less played tracks" and in 3 years, the options you have are exactly the same
This is available in Playlist Generator. Will also be available in Track Tool but later.

Others like me that sometimes get a few artists repeated, but that's not too important, especially if it's a 24/7 music radio... who cares about it. Just being ironic
Thing is, we can't fix a bug if we can't reproduce it here. There is a certain percentage of bugs that are reported, but can't be reproduced for various reasons; we can't sit on it - if it's too hard to get the bug, we consider it non-existent and solved. It's the way software industry works, we only allocate that much resources for each issue.

How often do you get artist repetitions? Are you sure that both tracks actually come from Track List and there's no error message stating "Unable to find track..."?

Thing is, we can't fix a bug if we can't reproduce it here. There is a certain percentage of bugs that are reported, but can't be reproduced for various reasons; we can't sit on it - if it's too hard to get the bug, we consider it non-existent and solved. It's the way software industry works, we only allocate that much resources for each issue.

How often do you get artist repetitions? Are you sure that both tracks actually come from Track List and there's no error message stating "Unable to find track..."?
I insist on this. There is a problem with the enter key on the focused track. When we press enter in the song One the list does not remain fixed, ie it can move to the end or the middle of the list. This is not the case in the previous official version 5.9.4.0 of the program. Please correct it soon. The reader is nvda.

There is a problem with the enter key on the focused track. When we press enter in the song One the list does not remain fixed, ie it can move to the end or the middle of the list.
Please ensure that you use the most recent RadioBOSS 6.0.1.1. Also are you sure that it's the first track that is selected? How do you navigate the playlist, do you use the arrow keys?

It would be great, if possible to add the "track no-repeat protection" options to the "Scheduler wizard" -> Play one track / all track from folder so that the program can select songs randomly using a filter (eg songs that have not been performed for a certain period of time, etc.) THX in advance!

Last edited:
Good evening from Greece. We are having a problem with the program. I have a vision problem to tell you and I use a screen reader. The problem So there is within the two available playlists. When there are songs, press the enter key and it goes to the wrong song. Let me give you an example. If you click on the song One the enter key then automatically throws you to the last song or in the middle of the playlist is not fixed so you can normally see the songs you have in the playlist. The problem is very serious please Correct.
Maybe scroll playlist is checked in your settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 239
Please ensure that you use the most recent RadioBOSS 6.0.1.1. Also are you sure that it's the first track that is selected? How do you navigate the playlist, do you use the arrow keys?
Good Evening! Yes navigation is done with the up and down arrow on the keyboard. For the second you asked me. I'm sure the number one song on the playlist has been selected. I have now done the last software upgrade and the same problem persists.

is there any way to "switch off" the log window, i have it really minimized down in the bottom left of the screen, but it keeps "popping up" just a little everytime there an entry, mainly an error from a weather api, its not a major issue, its just i have to frequently drag the bar down to hide it

1605142426127.png

Hello
Thanks for the "Songs on demand" API it works perfectly.
Regarding the "Search for a title" screen, it would be possible for the application to keep them in memory. When stopping for an update for example, the titles on hold are erased on reopening.
In this screen, it would be good to be able to move a title up or down so as not to have the same artist to follow each other for example.
Have a good day

It would be great, if possible to add the "track no-repeat protection" options to the "Scheduler wizard" -> Play one track / all track from folder so that the program can select songs randomly using a filter (eg songs that have not been performed for a certain period of time, etc.) THX in advance!
It's already possible you you use the Track List option, it allows specifying the repeat protection rules.

Good Evening! Yes navigation is done with the up and down arrow on the keyboard. For the second you asked me. I'm sure the number one song on the playlist has been selected. I have now done the last software upgrade and the same problem persists.
I'm sorry this error does not reproduce here. Whatevet track is focused (using the arrows buttons), is played when Enter key is pressed.

is there any way to "switch off" the log window, i have it really minimized down in the bottom left of the screen, but it keeps "popping up" just a little everytime there an entry, mainly an error from a weather api, its not a major issue, its just i have to frequently drag the bar down to hide it
Currently not, by design this part must always be visible - it shows any errors so that you can see if something goes wrong (RadioBOSS uses very few popup error boxes) and also Overlay events are also disaplyed there.

Regarding the "Search for a title" screen, it would be possible for the application to keep them in memory. When stopping for an update for example, the titles on hold are erased on reopening.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Is it about improving the request script to hide certain songs?

Hello, there are problems with the music library with flac format files.
1) Duration of the track.
2) Flac file format not supported in preview, ok mp3 format file as in photo 3.

Thanks

Attachments

• Appunti01.jpg
    Appunti01.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Appunti02.jpg
    Appunti02.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Appunti03.jpg
    Appunti03.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 237
i need an key for actived the program for beta? is trial link up !
Beta tester keys are no longer issued for this version, I'm sorry.

Hello, there are problems with the music library with flac format files.
FLAC works here. Are you sure the file is actually FLAC and not something else with ".flac" extension? Please send us one of such files to support@djsoft.net, we'll see why it's not processed correctly.

Beta tester keys are no longer issued for this version, I'm sorry.

FLAC works here. Are you sure the file is actually FLAC and not something else with ".flac" extension? Please send us one of such files to support@djsoft.net, we'll see why it's not processed correctly.
flac files put in the playlist on air work.
the preview in the music library player does not work.

bei den Playlist Playlist auswählen Columms vermisse ich die Vorhör Einrichtung,
Wenn Sie diese wieder mit reinmachen könnten wäre super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back