RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUGE BUG

After double click windows media player is trigerred

Normally, double click shoud add track on playlist

dbl_click_open_wmplayer.jpg

Following situation:
I go on air time-controlled at 2 p.m. Then I go off-air at 4 p.m also time-controlled .
Another dj is broadcasting from 4pm to 6pm.
When I go on air time-controlled again at 6pm, the playlist no longer starts automatically.
This is not good wen i am not home
this is also the case without time control.
if you start and stop broadcasting and then restart the broadcast, the playlist does not start automatically.
It only works if you hit the button to stop the music several times between broadcasting.

IT ALSO HAPPENS TO ME THAT THE CURSOR HAS A STRANGE DISPLACEMENT SENSITIVITY. WHEN I WANT TO PREVIEW A SONG BY PRESSING THE ICON IN THE MAIN LIST, THAT TRACK IS LOWERED. FOLLOW THE FLASHING PROBLEM ON THE LIST AND THE TRACK FACE

RB 6 do not list right (correct) ascendent (or descendent) duration of the tracks (in Search).
Yes, this is for performance reasons. The sorting is done using the "raw" track length (the total track duration), while it displays the duration that also cosiders the Start and End points set in Track Tool (or as scanned using Music Library). Using Start/End points for sorting makes it much slower so we decided performance is more imporetant.

- nothing happens on click view/scheduler (we have to use the scheduler inside the left panel)
It's supposed to open the Scheudler tab on the left panel.

on tools/statistics text is blinking each second, which is really annoying
This only happens if you use custom styles (e.g. Dark) - currently we do not have a solution for this, I'm sorry.

- when we have 4 mountpoints or stream formats, stats don't uses the 4 differents colors announced and only add the values in a single chart (whitch is fine anyway)
The colors were removed couple of years ago (not in this version) - currently it only shows a single line, combining all listeners.

- on the general playlist view on the very left there is a clock icon, sometimes it disappears, not sur is there is a checkbox to show/hide it.
Can you please post a screenshot? The icon is in the leftmost column and it indicates track type (regular, scheduled, played etc), but ther is always one icon or another.

- on work zone, embedded web browser is internet explorer, no matter the defaut web browser of the machine
You can make it use Edge but as the feature is not yet complete (Microsoft still has it in beta) it requires some effort to make it work: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/using-edge-as-web-browser-in-radioboss.6784/

unfortunatly windows 10 is a very big system consuming a lot (windows defender and windows antimalware sometimes just overuses capacities and almost no way to kill completely theses processes)
You can disable them using Group Policies and this indeed improves performance (RadioBOSS included). The downside is that you leave the computer unprotected so generally it's not recommended.

it's not 72 kbps CBR it's 72kbps VBR or ABR and i didn't touched anything. probably a shoutcast v2.6 issue with aac but if there is a way to "forces" CBR, can be also good.
It's possible that RadioBOSS allows AAC bitrate to deviate a bit, I don't recall in details how it works. If having a CBR is really important you can use your own AAC encoder (e.g. ffmpeg or other implementation) by utilizing the "Custom Encoders" feature in RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/broadcast.htm

for the cursor issue, playlist keeps scrolling up and down even on left click release.
Can you please provide some details on how we can reproduce it? Movbing tracks up and down seems to be working fine when we've tested it here.

IT ALSO HAPPENS TO ME THAT THE CURSOR HAS A STRANGE DISPLACEMENT SENSITIVITY. WHEN I WANT TO PREVIEW A SONG BY PRESSING THE ICON IN THE MAIN LIST, THAT TRACK IS LOWERED. FOLLOW THE FLASHING PROBLEM ON THE LIST AND THE TRACK FACE
Clicking the icon brings up the Prelisten window. I don't see any strange behavoir. Can you please provide more informaiton about it?

It's possible that RadioBOSS allows AAC bitrate to deviate a bit, I don't recall in details how it works. If having a CBR is really important you can use your own AAC encoder (e.g. ffmpeg or other implementation) by utilizing the "Custom Encoders" feature in RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/broadcast.htm
yes absolutely I use this script by having just put the necessary information "Server, Port, password and library"

Yes, this is for performance reasons. The sorting is done using the "raw" track length (the total track duration), while it displays the duration that also cosiders the Start and End points set in Track Tool (or as scanned using Music Library). Using Start/End points for sorting makes it much slower so we decided performance is more imporetant.
This is not an option ! We MUST have posibilities to choose the behaviour. This is a serious downgrade.
BTW ! You cannot decide this. USers decide. They know what Radio means. You create software according to the need of a functional radio station. Isn'it? Otherwise users are looking for options in the market.

I use SQLite. Why sorting is still slow?

Last edited by a moderator:

It must be solved urgently. My team kills me. Explorer from RB 6 is a HUGE deowngrade. It is not a plus it is a minus.
All radio stations I know, and use RadioBOSS, need the other (original) explorer.

RadioBOSS 6 has a lot of good things but mixed with a lot of very bad things. It is possible to downgrade (again and again) to 5.7.2.0 version which is better than 6 in essential aspects. I like some new things, but they are useless as they are right now.

When I go on air time-controlled again at 6pm, the playlist no longer starts automatically.
I'm not sure what the problem is I'm sorry, can you please provide some details? If you need it to start broadcasting at the set time, you can create a scheduled event with two commands:
connect
play 1

RadioBOSS 6 has a lot of good things but mixed with a lot of very bad things. It is possible to downgrade (again and again) to 5.7.2.0 version which is better than 6 in essential aspects. I like some new things, but they are useless as they are right now.
This is a beta version; lots of internals were rewritten so there could be some issues. If you don't have a backup from 5.7, I'd recommend against downgrading as it'll likely ruin the database and probably other settings. I don't see any very bad things in the current version, some minor issues yes but nothing show-stopping.

RadioBOSS 6.0.1.0 beta

Changes

• Fixed a bug with voice tracking
  • Fixed a bug with queue mode (tracks were not removed sometimes)
  • Fixed a bug with "library" API command
  • Fixed mouse double click bug in File Explorer
  • Fixed: Track Information was not updated sometimes
  • AUX playlists are processed with main DSP if played via the main sound card
  • AutoAmp is applied for AUX playlists
Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.1.0.exe

Avast went completely nuts when installing this version, every bit of the program has to be checked by it.
For the moment it works as it has to do.
EDIT: Mixing does sometimes strange things, starts too soon.

very bad things
  1. Stupid Explorer. We want the normall one. Tree type explorer. At double click track will be add to the playlist.
  2. Duration of the track and listing is very chaotic. We need to display the exact duration of the tracks marked with Start and End in Search. What kind of programmers are the members of the radioboss team if they don't know how to sort the track listing exactly?
  3. SQLite doesn't work. And more
I listed the most important for us.

Last edited:
the playlist queue mode is working so much better, and the recently not played priority is working very well now, lots of tracks with zero plays are popping up, thank you for this BIG improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back