RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or otherwise if it's intended for the stop to clear out, then I'm reporting a bug.
Thank you, this appears to be a bug, "stop" commands are supposed to be removed - if you have enabled the "Remove stop commands" option in Settings->General.

are there any "commercials" promoting radioboss that we could include in our playlists?
Currently there are none, I'm sorry.

Thank you, this appears to be a bug, "stop" commands are supposed to be removed - if you have enabled the "Remove stop commands" option in Settings->General.
I think the bug is that we have been operating in queue mode and didn't have the 'Remove "Stop" commands after execution' option set in either our currently live versions (5.9.4.0) or the test versions (6.0.1.4), yet the behaviour was still taking place in the old version. With the 5.9.4.0 version, the stops were deleting in queue mode, even with the setting unchecked.

Now with the latest version update, the setting is being listened to correctly. So this is not actually a bug, but I would recommend an advisory on the release notes to check the setting is 'checked' for the behaviour to continue, in case others fall into the same scenario we did.

Thanks for the reminder on where the setting is in the options.

Now with the latest version update, the setting is being listened to correctly. So this is not actually a bug, but I would recommend an advisory on the release notes to check the setting is 'checked' for the behaviour to continue, in case others fall into the same scenario we did.
It's checked by default. We've also checked and there appears to be no bug - it removes the "stop" command if the option is enabled.

RadioBOSS 6.0.1.5 RC

Changes

• Added advanced option to use track preload for network streams only
  • Added advanced option to control search delay
  • Fixed incorrect occasional track title in the log
  • Updated user manual
  • Fixed track information layout bug
  • Fixed item selection/dragging bug in lists (playlist, scheduler, etc)
  • Minor issues fixed
Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.1.5.exe

RadioBOSS 6.0.1.5 RC

Changes

• Added advanced option to use track preload for network streams only
  • Added advanced option to control search delay
  • Fixed incorrect occasional track title in the log
  • Updated user manual
  • Fixed track information layout bug
  • Fixed item selection/dragging bug in lists (playlist, scheduler, etc)
  • Minor issues fixed
Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.1.5.exe
When using version 6.0.1.5 (connected to a MySQL database) and performing an initial database search with "(All)" selected, the application freezes for 10-15 seconds. Also I don't think the search delay is adhering to the expected behavior. The timer should begin upon the last character being entered in, not immediately after the first character has been typed. Using 'Eminem' as an example again, I get up to typing "emin" before the application freezes attempting to search for the tracks. Expected behavior would be for the counter to begin upon the last character being typed - e.g. typing "e", the 300ms (default setting) countdown begins, but if I type "m" (changing the patternt to "em") then the counter should begin at 300ms again, and so on and so forth, until no more data entry has been detected.

After the first search has been performed, subsequent searches seem to be quicker to complete. Is there some caching taking place within the application? If there is, I'd recommend the application pre-loads the database contents into the cache upon application startup, so searches are a lot quicker. Even if this process takes additional time to load on startup, that would be a better outcome than having the application freeze on the first search attempt.

I don't believe this is an issue with our database server, it is operating at 0.21 load (Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS), and live data showed no significant spikes in CPU/Memory that would lead me to believe it was affected. This has been tested on two systems attached to the database server.

If a library is selected after application startup (e.g. we categorise music into decades, so 1970s for example), it will list all the tracks within that database, and search performance appears to be fairly quick. The "(All)" search is what seems to be degraded.

Last edited:
i find a LOT of artist or track repeats are due to very minor spelling variations between files, "Earth, Wind and Fire" compared to "Earth,Wind and Fire". The difference is the space after the first comma, the system views them as different artists. I have spent quite a few days going through my entire content folder and changing filenames from tags, removing tags, removing duplicates, and this is an ongoing editing task every week. In my experience, every time I find a repitition, i investigate, i keep a legal pad and jot it down and then in most cases i find it is a typo/spelling issue. just my 2 cents worth
Hi there,
Yes that could be the case, and i've even told you about it in a late post. My music library is "clean" long lomg ago, i even created rules to my artist field to avoid mispelling: No "the" for bands, no ponctuations, no different charecters and all "and" is &

We'll check this again, thank you. I'd suggest to install the latest update just in case. Also, please check if the files are properly tagged. Track List does not parse file names. If artist field is empty, or the tag does not exist, it will ignore the repeat protection rule for such track.
I am VERY carefull with my music library... but even when RB fails, i always check my files first before reporting

unactualizado con la nueva version y trabarando muy bien

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (17).png
    Captura de pantalla (17).png
    286 KB · Views: 248
unactualizado con la nueva version y trabarando muy bien

I suppose you wanted to write: "Actualizado con la nueva versión y trabajando muy bien" / Updated with the new version and working fine.
Please use English, I am a Spanish speaker and I had a hard time understanding what you had written.

Ciao,
Sono passato alla versione beta e non ho mantenuto tutto il mio stile personalizzato, i titoli sulle colonne dei giocatori neri che erano prima dell'aggiornamento ora sono diventati gialli.
Tanti aggiornamenti ma questo non è cambiato.
Nella versione finale sarà possibile vedere i miei titoli su colonne nere come nel mio stile personalizzato?
Although the screenshot and an older version this has not changed even in the current version.
Grazie

Attachments

• 2020-09-28 17_41_05-RadioBOSS Advanced [beta] (6.0.0.1) [Spot Publicita' riprende il 07-01].jpg
    2020-09-28 17_41_05-RadioBOSS Advanced [beta] (6.0.0.1) [Spot Publicita' riprende il 07-01].jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Hello,
I have a suggest about the new music library System. Can you please implement an import tool from our Music Library in xml to the new database system? There are many work for rebuild all the infos 8intros and other info again ...
Regards

Otty Deejay ( ... working in the catalan translation ...)

Hello,
I upgraded to the beta version,and did not retain all my custom style, the titles on the black player columns that were before the upgrade have now turned yellow.
So many updates but that hasn't changed.
In the final version will it be possible to see my titles on black columns as in my custom style?
Thank's
Have you previously made a backup of your settings from previous version and then restore it from v.6?
I did it and my titles are still black, I don't understand why yours look yellow.
The developer will tell you if it is a bug or not.
P.S.
Another thing that I appreciated in your screenshot is that you are using an old version. We are currently on v.6.0.1.5 RC

RB_version.png

Last edited:
Hai già fatto un backup delle tue impostazioni dalla versione precedente e poi lo hai ripristinato dalla v.6?
L'ho fatto ei miei titoli sono ancora neri, non capisco perché i tuoi sembrano gialli.
Lo sviluppatore ti dirà se si tratta di un bug o meno.
PS
Un'altra cosa che ho apprezzato nel tuo screenshot è che stai usando una vecchia versione. Siamo attualmente sulla v.6.0.1.5 RC

RB_version.png
Sì screenshot e di una vecchia versione ma è lo stesso problema sull'ultima versione beta v.6.0.1.5 RC putroppo con le mie impostazioni personalizzate appare un attimo blu appena iniziato (ma il mio era nero) e poi diventa giallo

Sì screenshot e di una vecchia versione ma è lo stesso problema sull'ultima versione beta v.6.0.1.5 RC putroppo con le mie impostazioni personalizzate appare un attimo blu appena iniziato (ma il mio era nero) e poi diventa giallo
Have you previously made a backup of your settings from previous version and then restore it from v.6? / Hai già fatto un backup delle tue impostazioni dalla versione precedente e poi ripristinato dalla v.6?

Please use English to answer.

What does it show in the log? Multi actions or a single aciton should not matter, the commands are executed one by oe anyway. But if the event is inserted into the playlist (if one of the actions is not a command), it can action differently. The makelibrary command is not intended to be run from the playlist.
It is strange but on the main PC, (Hosts MySQL server) it works fine.
From a secondary pc, where the source files (playlist) are in a network location, it doesn't work.
It does not matter if a single or several Makelibrary commands are executed simultaneously, the databases are empty.
Nothing problematic is seen in the log. (attached image)

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 234
Hello,
I have a suggest about the new music library System. Can you please implement an import tool from our Music Library in xml to the new database system? There are many work for rebuild all the infos 8intros and other info again ...
Regards

Otty Deejay ( ... working in the catalan translation ...)
You can do this in the music library. Under Add > Import.
You need to change the file type from the default (M3U Playlist) to Legacy XML Database

Alternatively you could do this via the 'makelibrary' API command, where it will update the database based on what files reside in the folder you're referencing.

For example, a library called 1970s referencing music in the C:\Music\1970s folder would have a command outlined like below

http://<COMPUTERNAME>:9000/?pass=<PASSWORD>&cmd=makelibrary+1970s+|+C:\Music\1970s

When using version 6.0.1.5 (connected to a MySQL database) and performing an initial database search with "(All)" selected, the application freezes for 10-15 seconds.
This happens because it indexes all available databases. After this is done, the search will be near instant. The core problem here is the network, I suppose. It needs to send large packets of data, and therefore there are delays. You can significantly improve things if you move the database server (if it's possible) to the same computer where RadioBOSS is installed, this will remove all the latency.
How large (the number of tracks) is your database?

Thank you for your notes regarding search delay, this will be further improved.

I am VERY carefull with my music library... but even when RB fails, i always check my files first before reporting
Do you have any issues with repeated tracks in the latest (6.0.1.5) update? There were some tweaks made in the past two updates regarding this issue.

Sono passato alla versione beta e non ho mantenuto tutto il mio stile personalizzato, i titoli sulle colonne dei giocatori neri che erano prima dell'aggiornamento ora sono diventati gialli.
Can you please write in English?

This is imported automatically from the music tracks. If you have stored the additional information in APEv2 tag (the default) this information will also be read by the latest update. Importing XML libraries is also possible using the Add menu in the Music Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back