RadioBOSS 6.0 comments

"You can create a report for one hour and sort by artist, this will help you easily see repeated artists."

So, let me see... i have to create 24h (24 reports) for 1 day... if i analyse 1 week i would have 168 reports, and jumping each one and still remember the 17 artists per hour... easy???
So you don't have to do the work, but i can do it "easily"... cool!!!

So, let me see... i have to create 24h (24 reports) for 1 day... if i analyse 1 week i would have 168 reports
Analyzing reports for every hour is itself not efficient, no matter how you create reports.

Analyzing reports for every hour is itself not efficient, no matter how you create reports.
what kind of answer is this? The best answer is for you to give a decent option where users can analyse the artist field with day and hour, not just the number of times... if someone asks "i heard a madonna song last thursday afternoon on your radio, can you tell me what song is?"... the best way to answer is to make a report by artist, spot the hour it played and find the title. The way it is, you only know madonna played 5 times on thursday. No time, no title.

Hello,
Can you confirm that the search will be reactivated in version 6.02 of the timeline during a live network stream? In case of Crash or Restart for new installation during a live link, this resumes from the beginning creating problems at schedule times, it is now not possible to reposition it in the elapsed time until the time of restart. Thank you

Attachments

• 2020-12-13 22_14_20-RadioBOSS Advanced (6.0.1.7) [Buongiorno Con Emanuel Diretta 3h (dom matt)...jpg
    2020-12-13 22_14_20-RadioBOSS Advanced (6.0.1.7) [Buongiorno Con Emanuel Diretta 3h (dom matt)...jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 326
The best answer is for you to give a decent option where users can analyse the artist field with day and hour, not just the number of times
Please understand, we did not advertise this feature, and it was never promised to present in the software.

Can you confirm that the search will be reactivated in version 6.02 of the timeline during a live network stream?
Yes, it will be added in the next minor update - RadioBOSS 6.0.3 (version 6.0.2 was used for a hotfix).

This search timeline adjustment feature during a live stream, has been around for a long time, and it's always been useful, I don't understand why it was taken off in this latest version, but I thank you for the restoration, reuse of this very important function. Thank you again

Last edited:
Overal the upgrade was pretty smooth, had to recreate the libraries and playlist generator templates, but that's fine already accounted for that.

A few small issues I've found/changes from the previous release:
  • Commands (like disconnect) now trigger at the mix-point if chained, used to be at the end of the track. Not really that big of an issue, but no auto-disconnect can be used in that case if you've got a song with an nice mixpoint with like 20 seconds left of a song.
  • Noticed this earlier before version 6. But the metadata sending mechanism is a bit screwed. It follows the same practice as SAM broadcaster now. Not impacting for allot of normal FM stations, but if you are an online presenter who does a few shows, it will broadcast the wrong metadata when you start to connect.
    Basically what happens is that as soon as you connect to the streaming server, RadioBoss will send the metadata of the last played track while connecting. So if you start with for example a show intro/teaser that doesn't have metadata, it should just not send anymetadata even though I've tested the playback of a few songs. Now you get weird stuff where you see the metadata of 1 song that's at the end of the playlist/show for example for like 30 seconds intro, and then it switches to the first song in the playlist. SAM broadcaster has the exact same issue where it doesn't send ANY metadata at all with the first metadata enable track if you haven't played it first shortly. This messes up stations that have to pay for their licencing based on the amount of songs they play in 1 hour and how many listeners listen to the songs.
  • The Segui editor has a bug near the end of an active playlist where you aren't able to use the segui editor near the end of the playlist. If you've got like 4 songs in the playlist, it will enable you to use the segui editor for the first 2 songs, and from the 2nd to the 3rd song. But you won't be able to chain the 3rd and 4th song basically.
  • Disabled songs show up in the library now, but would be helpful if I can make it a playlist filter like you can with filetypes (where you set the option to hide metadata for files in a specific folder or filetypes). So that I can make it highlight in a certain color so that I know I've loaded a song in the playlist that isn't used normally while generating a playlist.
    Same with having that option visible in the quick media library where you're searching for songs.
    So basically it only shows in the media library explorer right now. But I honestly never go in there after setting up the libraries and auto-indexing for them. So this feature would be allot more beneficial if usable in the playlist via the filetypes (to style it and such), and in the media browser for adding stuff to the playlist.
Haven't had any other issues except for these ones. Priority wise I would like the metadata command to be fixed and then commands timing. Quick fix for the segui editor is to add an extra track and then remove the extra track after using the segui editor.

This search timeline adjustment feature during a live stream, has been around for a long time, and it's always been useful, I don't understand why it was taken off in this latest version, but I thank you for the restoration, reuse of this very important function. Thank you again
Such a feature never existed. It appears to be a side effect of how the list was built. We'll add the "Date added" column in the next update.

After many checks I found that the PlayCount is now not true, and that the last modified date is changed from the previous date to that of the time when On Air is played, this staggers the entire identity of the file, even the playcount is incorrect, files never played are counted with many plycounts. Can you check this out? Thank you
Although the audio file has just been downloaded and new writes that playcounts are numerically many.

Last edited:
After many checks I found that the PlayCount is now not true, and that the last modified date is changed from the previous date to that of the time when On Air is played, this staggers the entire identity of the file, even the playcount is incorrect, files never played are counted with many plycounts. Can you check this out? Thank you
Although the audio file has just been downloaded and new writes that playcounts are numerically many.
i tend to agree that the playcount seems not to be true, in my usage i am finding that files that say, for example, a playcount of 3 and last played was several days ago, i definitely heard/saw that file played yesterday. so same inconsistently but reversed. i have checked for duplicate files/files with similar filenames (which would surely cause this). I have started to hide those columns now in the playlist as I cant trust them.

Il conteggio delle riproduzioni e gli ultimi valori riprodotti vengono aggiornati all'avvio della traccia. La posizione in cui viene memorizzato questo valore dipende da come è configurato "Archiviazione aggiuntiva delle informazioni": https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

I valori vengono aggiornati in una sola operazione di scrittura, quindi non è mai possibile aggiornare, ad esempio, "playcount", ma lasciare invariato l '"ultima riproduzione". Entrambi sono aggiornati o nessuno.
I am sure that until the previous version of RadioBoss the Playcount was based on the last date of last editing of the file, and allowed you to understand whether some program files were updated or not, now this new PlayCount Count mode changes the parameters making it useless.

Cons: The music file is edited every time it plays (to update the count of plays and other data). This is not good, the files must stay with the date of the last change as always until version 5.

I recommend that you reset the counting modes to the date of the file.

Last edited:
In the last Version 6.0.3.0 in the music library if you want to enter the database utilities and you want to optimize the database you get an error message. If this error is in my database, how do you resolve it?

Attachments

• 2021-01-10 18_09_09-RadioBOSS Advanced (6.0.3.0).jpg
    2021-01-10 18_09_09-RadioBOSS Advanced (6.0.3.0).jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 2021-01-10 18_09_19-RadioBOSS Advanced (6.0.3.0).jpg
    2021-01-10 18_09_19-RadioBOSS Advanced (6.0.3.0).jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 302
I recommend that you reset the counting modes to the date of the file.
File dates (created, modiifed, accessed) are not connected to playcount. If you use Database to store the playcount value, the file modified date will not be changed because it doesn't modify the file. The Playcount and Last played are updated when you play a track.

In the last Version 6.0.3.0 in the music library if you want to enter the database utilities and you want to optimize the database you get an error message. If this error is in my database, how do you resolve it?
You need to close all other programs, including RadioBOSS itself, to perform those actions. Typically there's no need to do it, unless adviced by support.

File dates (created, modiifed, accessed) are not connected to playcount. If you use Database to store the playcount value, the file modified date will not be changed because it doesn't modify the file.
"The Playcount and Last played are updated when you play a track."

This must not happen, the date of creation of the File must not change, it must not be updated. Updating the change date creates confusion, and it is not possible to understand whether the file of a program has been, (by those who produce it or for some technical failure, or because the download has failed), updated or not. Now on the playcounts of the files in the Player look like random numbers without logic. As Ormston also pointed out. As now designed, the Playcount is no longer a useful tool, but only random numbers.
The playcount function as it worked until version 5 is very important. It allowed you to understand if the files of the mp3 programs received were regularly updated in the Weekly Download, you could know this now is of no use.

Last edited:
This must not happen, the date of creation of the File must not change, it must not be updated. Updating the change date creates confusion, and it is not possible to understand whether the file of a program has been
This is a different problem. Before version 6, RadioBOSS saved the Playcount/Lastplayed data in the tag, so the file was modified and its "modified date" was also updated. If you want to avoid that, switch to use SQLite instead: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

Now on the playcounts of the files in the Player look like random numbers without logic. As Ormston also pointed out. As now designed, the Playcount is no longer a useful tool, but only random numbers.
It works exactly the same as it always did. You play a track, and the track gets playcount = playcount +1, and its last played tag is set to date/time when it was started.

Back