RadioBOSS 6.0 comments

- rating fields in main windows display nombers instead of stars
- tag field and backup database are welcomes
- new crossfade is awesome but missing some customisations
- on main windows track information on bottom including cover sometimes doesn't load or stop working
- embed caster have many bug, still have to use radiocaster instead (failed to update title, failed to update soundcard even after several restarts), especially on shoutcast
- still no weather
- mic and eq on the center are awesome, not only for graphic purposes
- still not possible to edit style
- most of time software doesn't warn about effects will change after restart (especially after soundcard modifications)
- excellent update, i don't planned to buy updates cause original software is expensive, but theses upgrades are fonctional and useful, hope for a stable release before my liecences expires
- special caracteres replaced with "?" in majority of cases (i uses stars or bullets ●)
- radiobosscloud login/password never works (but work fine using dj credientials)
- on track information section the very right column last information (played "hour" is invisible, cropped)

- still no ssl support shoutcast/icecast, have to use radiobosscloud to relay stream in https (google/apple requieres it nowadays)
- displaying statitics inside of the software could be great
- get statistic when using radiocaster on the same machine shouldn't be complicated
- embed server only allows 1 stream (maybe cause my router can only open 1 port)
- maybe if we can, instead of "input" adding a "sofware" in scheduler or sound card configuration, can make life easier (like on obs "capture active windows")
- also make some "targetspot" (shoutcast monetisation) section to automatically embed in playlist the right files with the right associate data (even if i heard lot of broadcasters just don't receive their check)

that's it for today !
on my website on "on air" tab i have screen capture of radioboss v6. cool software. active community and update. price are still competitive (i still don't understand how you can pay 100$ per month to radio .co to get a 320k stream, i almost not understand why shoutcast in now 10 $ monthly)

Last edited:

djsoft

Staff member
- rating fields in main windows display nombers instead of stars
- tag field and backup database are welcomes
Rating will show stars if the column width is enough.
Database backup is possible using the Settings->Backup and restore menu.

new crossfade is awesome but missing some customisations
Can you please specify what's missing?

- on main windows track information on bottom including cover sometimes doesn't load or stop working
It only stops loading the cover art or the tag completely? How often does it happen?

- embed caster have many bug, still have to use radiocaster instead (failed to update title, failed to update soundcard even after several restarts), especially on shoutcast
Both programs (RadioBOSS and RadioCaster) share the same streaming engine, it's not really possible for them to work differently :) "Failed to update title" means that the server did not accept title for some reason - you should inspect the server logs to see why this happened.

- still no weather
Can you please provide some details?

- still not possible to edit style

- most of time software doesn't warn about effects will change after restart (especially after soundcard modifications)
All DSP inside RadioBOSS does not require a restart.

- special caracteres replaced with "?" in majority of cases (i uses stars or bullets ●)
RadioBOSS uses Unicode to store characters, so no characters will be missing. They may be missing when sent as a title to the server as some servers only support ANSI.

- radiobosscloud login/password never works (but work fine using dj credientials)
Does it show any error message?

- on track information section the very right column last information (played "hour" is invisible, cropped)
Can you please send a screenshot?

djsoft

Staff member
- still no ssl support shoutcast/icecast, have to use radiobosscloud to relay stream in https (google/apple requieres it nowadays)
It's not suppoted by the servers. Please note that source connection to the stream and listener connection to the server are totally different things.
Servers typically support HTTPS for listener connection, but for streaming (source) connections only plain HTTP is supported. If you stream with HTTP nothing prevents listeners from using HTTPS.

- displaying statitics inside of the software could be great
You can click the Statistics button to see it in a separate window or add it to a work zone (View menu).

- embed server only allows 1 stream (maybe cause my router can only open 1 port)
It's not limited by RadioBOSS, you can have as many streams and any number of listeners.

- maybe if we can, instead of "input" adding a "sofware" in scheduler or sound card configuration, can make life easier (like on obs "capture active windows")
How is this useful for radio automation?

- also make some "targetspot" (shoutcast monetisation) section to automatically embed in playlist the right files with the right associate data (even if i heard lot of broadcasters just don't receive their check)
You can add them manually. Honestly I don't see any reason in adding special support for it.

on my website on "on air" tab i have screen capture of radioboss v6. cool software. active community and update. price are still competitive
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 12

djsoft

Staff member
This doesn't seem to be a bug. The line is wrapped, and continues on the next line. As you see, the whole line "Played: 11.10.2020 11:22:33" line does not fit so it becomes two line.