RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that priority 1-9 was enough in the Ads scheduler. 1-99 is a bit too much because now with the slider it is a bit clumsy (a lot of scrolling up to 99). Until now, it was just open Priority and click on the number and that's it.

I use a Mysql database in version 6.3.3 without any problems
Database error: [FireDAC][Comp][Clnt]-505. Connection [FDConn: TFDConnection] must be active. See log for details (double click to open log).
Log entry:
[2023-11-16 19:21:51] [FireDAC][Comp][Clnt]-505. Connection [FDConn: TFDConnection] must be active
Thank you, we'll check what could be wrong.

The letters in the "Last Track" "On Air" "Coming Up Next" tabs are not rendered well on a 4k resolution monitor (they are too small), which is not the case on version RB 6.3.3.0
The font is now configurable, looks like the problem is that default font size is not right, we'll check it thank you.

Suggestion: It would be great if you could implement an option (On/Off) of the LOGO in the video section, for example in 3 different sizes, which could be active all the time (by your choice) in a certain corner of the monitor during video playback.
Do you mean adding logo to the video? If so, this will be added in one of the future updates.

When a new ad is added at a certain time, it takes a long time to display the number of ads there are, it is very difficult to work with that delay.
How many ads do you have in the list?

As an aside, the idea perhaps was to be able to see the number of ads there are at all times, not just at the times when the ad I'm selecting is on. This way I can choose a schedule by seeing how many ads are already there.
Yes, this makes sense, noted for the future versions.

I have a category called: SWP - ID - JINGLES (category to identify the radio station) this category has the
option "ignore repetition rules". This is because I am interested in selecting tracks from a folder randomly to identify the radio station. In this version the generator selects the tracks and repeats them several times. Before it generated normally randomly and worked perfectly without repeating the tracks. I have tried several options and I can't get it to work like it did before updating.
Please disable any priority rules for that category, this will make it shuffle tracks (instead of doing random selection).

Ditto here - Our studios are using the current production version without issues, but a test PC with 7.0.0 on it doesn't connect to the database server. In the configuration I test the connection and it comes up fine, but in RadioBOSS itself it just says 'No database connection!' and never changes from that state.
What MySQL/MariaDB version do you use?

Good morning, i use Windows 7, with the RadioBOSS 7.0 version the last track, on air and coming up nextup fields remain blank, no track names appear.
Those panels are now drawn using Direct2D (to improve performance and offload graphic things to GPU) - Direct2D is available starting with Windows 7, so it should work there. Does RadioBOSS show any error messages? Did you remove some components from Windows?

I agree with NestorC, the idea was to have an overview of the numbers for all ads all the time, not just when click on each one individually. This way, I have to click on each field again to find out how many ads there are in each. I don't see the point of this solution. This is not what we were talking about.
I think this can be improved.

Additionally, it was announced that in the new version, we will be able to assign days of the week and hours for the broadcasting of songs. There is no such thing either?
It's not ready yet, so moved into the future versions.

I tried on two computers, and both have the same problem. The computers are running Windows 7 64-bit. Radioboss x86.
This is odd. Do you have all updates installed for Windows? Please see this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/direct3darticles/platform-update-for-windows-7

This is interesting. Can you explain what 'weights' refer to? Does it relate to ratings, the number of plays, or something else?
Weighted selection works like this, let's say there are two categories
CategoryA has weight = 1
CategoryB has weight = 2
This means, CategoryB has 2x chance of being selected for the playlist compared to CategoryA. For example, if you select 100 tracks, you will have about 66 tracks from CategoryB and around 34 tracks from CategoryA.

My opinion is that priority 1-9 was enough in the Ads scheduler. 1-99 is a bit too much because now with the slider it is a bit clumsy (a lot of scrolling up to 99). Until now, it was just open Priority and click on the number and that's it.
There were lots of complaints about 1-9 range being too narrow, so that had to be done. We can add an option to show shortened version of 1-9 what do you think?

There were lots of complaints about 1-9 range being too narrow, so that had to be done. We can add an option to show shortened version of 1-9 what do you think?
This for us was a significant improvement. Maybe a trackbar is more appropriate?

Please disable any priority rules for that category, this will make it shuffle tracks (instead of doing random selection).
They are deactivated. Here I show you the options I have for this category.
In the previous version they were in this same way and it worked perfectly

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-17 133920.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-17 133920.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2023-11-17 134048.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-17 134048.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2023-11-17 134102.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-17 134102.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2023-11-17 134409.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-17 134409.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 101
I applied this configuration. It solved the repetition problem, but there is another problem. (image 1 and 2)

Every time the playlist is generated it always places the same tracks.

In the images I show there are 2 generated playlists in which the same tracks are selected but in a different order. (That is, it is not taking into account the tracks that are in the playlist)

It should be noted that the options shown in image 3 are activated.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    136 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.png
    2.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.png
    3.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 95
How many ads do you have in the list?

Yes, this makes sense, noted for the future versions.

Hi, I'm adding a video so you can see how slow the work is. It is impossible to work this way!

Attachments

• RB Ads.rar
    3 MB · Views: 91
Mysql is version 8.0.35
An update on this. RadioBOSS (not only this RB 7, but all previous versions too) support MySQL databases from version 3.21 up to version 8.0.23 (and MariaDB from version 5.5 up to version 10.6) Your MySQL falls outside this range, so that's why it doesn't work. This information will be included in the User Manual, I'm sorry it wasn't done before. Maybe it somewhat worked before (in RB 6.3.3) and now, as a result of DB access library update in RadioBOSS it throws an error instead of working with potential hidden issues.

This for us was a significant improvement. Maybe a trackbar is more appropriate?
Trackbar is appropriate when exact value is not needed (e.g. volume control); for priorities setting of exact value seems more appropriate.

Thank you, we'll check what's wrong there.

Hi, I'm adding a video so you can see how slow the work is. It is impossible to work this way!
Thank you. I see there are lots of ads in the list, and this is the cause for it to work slowly (it needs to check each ad for each block to display the number in the grid). We'll fix it in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back