RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the tags that are now used as priority I have categories: Speed (3 possible values), Mood (3 possible versions).. and several more... a total of 65 tags.
If a search engine could be added, it would be very useful, or a tag grouper.
I'm working on PLGen and it takes a long time to assign tags with so many values.
Yes a filter looks like a sensible solution. Added to the future improvements list, thank you.

RadioBOSS 7.0.0.1 beta

Changes

• Fixed random selection in Playlist Generator
  • Fixed up/down arrows in the categories list (Playlist Generator)
  • Minor improvements in the Teaser window
  • Fixed waveform didn't work in the Voice Track recorder
  • Fixed flicker in Event Overview window when using dark theme
  • Fixed playlist generator performance issues
  • Improved Ads Scheduler grid performance
  • Grid in Ads Scheduler always shows the number of ads in the block
  • Ads Scheduler: extended priority range is now optional
  • Playlist Generator improved the priority rule window
  • Playlist Generator: fixed dark theme for playlist selection window
  • Advanced option added: streaming server stats check interval
  • New options added to hide toolbar button groups
  • Fixed various other bug reports
Download
x86 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.1.exe (11/19/2023, 34MB)
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.1_x64.exe (11/19/2023, 38MB)

RadioBOSS 7.0.0.1 beta

Changes

Download
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.1_x64.exe (11/19/2023, 38MB)
It seems the problem has been corrected. we continue testing the beta. Thanks

Last edited:
How active?
In Ads Scheduler, open Settings window, it's on the Settings tab ("Extended priority range").

Can you explain this better?
You can configure an event with start time at, say, 12:00. The event starts a track that's 4 minutes long. With this option enabled, event's start time will be modified (internally) to become 11:56 (actually a bit later due to mixing etc) so that event's playback will end at 12:00.

The problem with Direct2D is solved.

The number of advertisements in the Ads scheduler is also solved. That's what we were talking about. I would only suggest that the selected Ads should not be a number in only bold, but to change the color, for example bold red. That way it will be more noticeable.

I've been thinking about the special category type to select tracks from different categories based on weights. It's a great feature for me, but I have a suggestion to improve it. Could you add Filters for each individual category? Maybe right-click mouse > Filters, or a button on the right side? This way, for example I could add songs with the tag HIT from one category and songs from another category based on the year.

Alternatively, I could assign a higher weight to the songs with HIT tag within a category and then add the same category with a lower weight for OLD HIT tag.
This feature would be a significant improvement and further enhance the Playlist Generator.

Please consider this possibility.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, since I'm just exploring all the possibilities, I didn't realize that the category with weight already has filters. Now I see that it has that option. Great.

About: "Grid in Ads Scheduler always shows the number of ads in the block"
How about the possibility to show the total time of each block?
Maybe you can include an option to show "time or quantity".
It is very important not only to know how many ads there are but also the total time of the block, in this case I think, you will have to reduce the font.

It is very important not only to know how many ads there are but also the total time of the block, in this case I think, you will have to reduce the font.
Yes, perhaps an option to show time, quantity, or disable (if someone doesn't need it).

The number of advertisements in the Ads scheduler is also solved. That's what we were talking about. I would only suggest that the selected Ads should not be a number in only bold, but to change the color, for example bold red. That way it will be more noticeable.
Currently its font becomes larger and it's also made bold. Active cells look a lot darker than thin small numbers where ad is not in the block. The font size difference can be made even larger, but I think we should wait and see what others have to say about it.
Making it red doesn't seem right - red usually means there's an error or some problem.

Could you add Filters for each individual category? Maybe right-click mouse > Filters, or a button on the right side? This way, for example I could add songs with the tag HIT from one category and songs from another category based on the year.
It considers filters as they configured in the source categories. For your case, it looks like you need to prepare source categories first, setting up proper filters there etc.

Alternatively, I could assign a higher weight to the songs with HIT tag within a category and then add the same category with a lower weight for OLD HIT tag.
All settings inside source categories will work, so any priorities set will be taken into account. The weight affects what category will be chosen, and what track is chosen from that category depends on category settings.

Calculating block duration is a lot more complex and time consuming that merely checking the number of ads. Currently, you can click on a block to see its duration so you can e.g. check suspicious blocks with high number of ads.

There's also the Test all blocks button, it checks each block duration, and if it's higher than specified in Settings / Misc, it will show a warning sign in the grid.

Did you receive the Ads Scheduler automatic email sent about: "The application seems to be frozen"?
Yes, reports received, thank you. How often does it happen? Does it prevent you from working normally with Ads Scheduler?

RadioBOSS 7.0.0.1 beta

Changes

Download
Hello, when you add a cart in this area it looks like this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-20 155842.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-20 155842.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Calculating block duration is a lot more complex and time consuming that merely checking the number of ads. Currently, you can click on a block to see its duration so you can e.g. check suspicious blocks with high number of ads.

There's also the Test all blocks button, it checks each block duration, and if it's higher than specified in Settings / Misc, it will show a warning sign in the grid.

Yes, reports received, thank you. How often does it happen? Does it prevent you from working normally with Ads Scheduler?
Approximately every 4 or 5 minutes the error window appears and just click OK and you can continue working.

Hello. Great things have been done in the field of accessibility. Now we can adjust compressor, equalizer and vst plugins in text user mode. I'm assuming this mode is included in the Advanced Options. Unfortunately, they are not available for screen readers. Also, accessibility in the playlist generator should be improved in the section with options for creating multiple playlists from one. It is a section of additional generation options/create multiple playlist. There are several unnamed buttons there. It is also not possible to know which preset is selected to create the best list. I've been trying to figure out something I don't want at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back