RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ad scheduler does not indicate the correct duration.
1701919055331.png

C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Kalimba.mp3 05:48
C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Maid with the Flaxen Hair.mp3 02:49
C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Sleep Away.mp3 03:20

takes the duration of just the first audio.
1701919226141.png

The total duration of the files is: 11 minutes and 58 seconds.
The total duration is also not listed in the "Ads Overview."

It is possible that when writing without accents in the search engine it will still show me the results with accents.
The search should ignore any accented characters, can you please give an example when it does not?
And for me, this is also a problem.. It concerns South Slavic letters - ć, č, đ, š, ž.
In the Search, the letters Ž and Z show different results. and I would like it to be like in Windows search, for example, with Z to show me all artists with both Z and Ž.

Looks like you need to add a Teaser for 2 tracks, and once it finishes, it will move on to the next track in the playlist. If you need a full song before teaser, you can add that in the Teaser configuration as "Start".

Thank you for the details, maybe it's a bug, will be checked.

This is a known limitation, I'll see if this can now be dealt with, given that it's a major 7.0 update :)
For example :
VT (voice track)
Phil Collins : In The Air Tonight (hook in and hook out)
VT
Dire Straits : Money For Nothing (hook in and hook out)
VT
Texas : I want to a lover
Phil Collins : In The Air Tonight (full song)
Dire Straits : Money For Nothing (full song)

Is it possible to do that ?
Thank you.

Hello. I have a problem with RadioBoss ver. 7.0.4 beta. I can't install it on windows 11 23h2. I can install version 6.3.3 without problems.
The installer does not start when I click on it. Can you help me?

Hello, could you implement a visual improvement so that the song title is not overshadowed by the track status bar?

A possible solution would be to always highlight the title

Another would be to change the color.

I have tried several color combinations but it always looks opaque when passing the status bar

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-12-08 094905.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-12-08 094905.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 42
Hello, could you implement a visual improvement so that the song title is not overshadowed by the track status bar?

A possible solution would be to always highlight the title

Another would be to change the color.

I have tried several color combinations but it always looks opaque when passing the status bar
maybe instead of the white transparent bar a green-yellow bar showing the progress,
maybe even with adjustable color
Just a suggestion :)

Ok, image 1 shows a song with accents. (without searching)

In image 2 the search Without accents did not show the song seen in image 1.

In image 3 the search did find said song but it ignored the song that is in image 2
Well, I see in the bugtracker that this is the intended behavior actually, accented characters are unaccented are different. Some of the old versions didn't make a difference and it was reported as a bug, that is long ago fixed - so this is how it works now.

the search does not show me the titles that have the accent on the "U" (the correct word is "ALGÚN". In this case it forces you to write with the accent, which is annoying for people who don't know how to place accents on the keyboard.
EDIT Reading the further discussion on the matter I think we'll add an option to control this.

when you go on air, the first track ALWAYS starts as soon as you press the on air button even if the stream is still occupied and you are not on air and only in waiting position until the stream is free
So the playlist does not wait until the connection is established
this is also the case with the current 6.3.3 version
Do you use the "Start playback after having connected to a server" option?

Hello. I have a problem with RadioBoss ver. 7.0.4 beta. I can't install it on windows 11 23h2. I can install version 6.3.3 without problems.
The installer does not start when I click on it. Can you help me?
Does it show any error messages?

This is, actually, a feature :) The title is supposed to be displayed like this. Is it a big issue? We can add an option for this.

IIRC it uses some gray color shade with semi transparency.

maybe instead of the white transparent bar a green-yellow bar showing the progress,
maybe even with adjustable color
Just a suggestion :)
This is possible of course but will lead to tens of options merely to configure the nowplaying bar. The question is should we add all those options?

Well, I see in the bugtracker that this is the intended behavior actually, accented characters are unaccented are different. Some of the old versions didn't make a difference and it was reported as a bug, that is long ago fixed - so this is how it works now.
I understand.
And it is good that it is so. I'm not saying that this mode should be changed, but that you can also opt for that option.
If possible add it as an advanced option.

I make this observation because accents are used a lot in Spanish and there are those who find it difficult to know exactly which letter has the accent.

If it cannot be done, well, it must be resolved in another way, thank you for clarifying this point for us.
This is, actually, a feature :) The title is supposed to be displayed like this. Is it a big issue? We can add an option for this.

It is not a big problem. But it will help to have a better visualization of the title.
Yes it would be great to add this option

I had the same problem with the database mysql 8.0.35
I went back to mysql 8.0.23 and everything worked fine
After the update from RadioBOSS to 7.0.0.1
I uninstalled the complete database and installed the current MYsql 8.0.35
now the current mysql 8.0.35 also works
Unfortunately I had to import all songs into the database again which took several hours with 700K songs
I didn't uninstall / reinstall the database server (as there's a lot of other databases that reference it took). But I was able to create a new database from scratch and re-sync the library (effectively - building it from new). No connectivity issues now.

I assume there's something in the database itself that the newer version doesn't like so when a new database is created it communicates properly now.

Bug - when you double click on a box to add a Sponsor announcement to it, the box number disappears.

E.g. I have '2' and when I add an additional one the number disappears. Expected behaviour is for the number to increase/decrease depending on the change made.

1702100620690.png

Edit: I tried different profiles and it looks like it works for them - maybe it's just a profile thing for Metropolis UI Green and Metropolis UI Blue, but it's a bug all the same.

Is there an option to go back to the checkmarks version of seeing the grid instead of the numbers?

Last edited:
It chooses one (random) track from the list for each of the ads, not all of the assigned tracks.

I think so, Teaser configuration allows adding Start/Transition/End which you can use. Transition is inserted between each of the tracks in the teaser.
hello, if the system only takes one title (random) why in the settings is there a transition jingle? It would be nice to have the possibility to put as many titles as you want. Good day

Can you check please: I inserted a VT which had the cross fade command to ignore the previous mix point but it failed to ignore it and music faded out under the voice. I couldn’t get it to work - could be a bug?

Were any improvements made to streamarchive feature? Occasionally I get random failure to record to a named file (sends me an email to say it had an error) - then it attempts to start again but saves in the default date format instead. This happens maybe once a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back