RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small bug in Ads Scheduler.
When you select a day/time with a double click, the block list refreshes correctly, but if you do it with the space bar it does not.

Error in the ads scheduler.
When you delete a profile, it is only deleted in the program, but it does not delete the files in the folder.

Do you use the "Start playback after having connected to a server" option?
Yes we do
1702166596858.png

פשוט נהדר
נהניתי מאוד מהתוכנה
קל לתפעול, צליל מעולה, שידור ללא הפרעה
אני רק רוצה להוסיף תרגום לעברית

RadioBOSS 7.0.0.5 beta (12/10/2023)

Changes

• Advanced option added: ignore accented characters when searching tracks in library
  • Fixed occasional flickering when RadioBOSS was accessed via RDP
  • Fixed: tag for some m4a/mp4 files was not properly read
  • Advanced option: restart jingle when hot key for playing jingle is pressed
  • Intro countdown is preserved when a track is seeked
  • Track Tool: tag fields list on the left can be scrolled with a mouse wheel
  • Search: added Tags column
  • Minor UI improvements
Download
x86 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.5.exe (12/10/2023, 34MB)
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.5_x64.exe (12/10/2023, 38MB)

No, no error appears in the log This error rarely happens to me but it happens.
We were unable to reproduce this. If you still see the Teaser skipping tracks, please open Settings, General, press Advanced Configuration... button, set the "Logging - Create teaser log" to True. Wait until this happens again and send us teaser log from settings folder (Logs subfolder) - you can open it using Settings->Open Settings Folder menu.

I noticed when I edit a song in the cartwall and select the playlist volume and set it, that this setting was not saved when Radioboss restarted

And it is good that it is so. I'm not saying that this mode should be changed, but that you can also opt for that option.
If possible add it as an advanced option.
Done in RadioBOSS 7.0.0.5.

It is not a big problem. But it will help to have a better visualization of the title.
Yes it would be great to add this option
Some new options to configure the Nowplaying bar will be added in the next update, thank you for the suggestion.

i was thinking about something like this
On your screenshot this green bar hides couple of the letters completely - a questionable solution. Still, this is doable. Please wait for the next version which will have the configuration options, I think they'll allow you to make it look like you want.

I didn't uninstall / reinstall the database server (as there's a lot of other databases that reference it took). But I was able to create a new database from scratch and re-sync the library (effectively - building it from new). No connectivity issues now.

I assume there's something in the database itself that the newer version doesn't like so when a new database is created it communicates properly now.
Can you please click Settings, Open Settings Folder, then open Logs and send us the databaselog.txt file for analysis? The latest betas had some extended logging added, maybe it'll provide some clues.

I still don't see how database/table contents can break the connection. Show errors, fail to retrieve data - yes, but losing the connection? Never seen this. Another problem is we were unable to reproduce it here, even with upgrading scenario (DB from RB v6, then installing newer MySQL and RadioBOSS v7, no error).

Edit: I tried different profiles and it looks like it works for them - maybe it's just a profile thing for Metropolis UI Green and Metropolis UI Blue, but it's a bug all the same.
Thank you, we'll check why it behaves like this.

Is there an option to go back to the checkmarks version of seeing the grid instead of the numbers?
An option can be added. Do you find the numbers inconvenient?

hello, if the system only takes one title (random) why in the settings is there a transition jingle? It would be nice to have the possibility to put as many titles as you want. Good day
It inserts transitions only when there are 2+ tracks in the teaser. It's not supposed to insert transition when there's only one track.
Do you see it inserting the transition in this case?

No error messages. Only blue circle spin for a few seconds, and nothing happens.
Please try downloading the latest update (7.0.0.5) just in case. Are you installing 32 or 64 bit RadioBOSS?

Can you check please: I inserted a VT which had the cross fade command to ignore the previous mix point but it failed to ignore it and music faded out under the voice. I couldn’t get it to work - could be a bug?
Voice Tracks are treated in a special way, as described here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/voice_tracking.htm
Most of the crossfade settings are ignored in this case. If you don't need it to be treated this way, the voice track should be out of voice tracks folder.

Were any improvements made to streamarchive feature? Occasionally I get random failure to record to a named file (sends me an email to say it had an error) - then it attempts to start again but saves in the default date format instead. This happens maybe once a month...
This was not reproduced, some minor changes/internal improvements made to the recording feature, but not specifically fixing this. About "default date format" - can you please provide more details?

A small bug in Ads Scheduler.
When you select a day/time with a double click, the block list refreshes correctly, but if you do it with the space bar it does not.
Thank you!

Error in the ads scheduler.
When you delete a profile, it is only deleted in the program, but it does not delete the files in the folder.
Deleting a profile is not supposed to delete any data - this is to prevent any unexpected data loss.

Yes we do
Thank you, this will be checked.

פשוט נהדר
נהניתי מאוד מהתוכנה
קל לתפעול, צליל מעולה, שידור ללא הפרעה
אני רק רוצה להוסיף תרגום לעברית
Please write in English.

Can this be applied to South Slavic alphabets too? ž, đ, š, ć, č
Doesn't it work with them? If not, I don't think we can do anything about it - currently it uses Windows functions to normalize and compare strings, if they see ž and z as different letters, well I don't really see any solution.
By the way do you use SQLite or MySQL database? For SQLite RadioBOSS does string comparison, in case of MySQL it's performed by the database. So it may work differently.

I noticed when I edit a song in the cartwall and select the playlist volume and set it, that this setting was not saved when Radioboss restarted
Looks like a bug, thank you!

We were unable to reproduce this. If you still see the Teaser skipping tracks, please open Settings, General, press Advanced Configuration... button, set the "Logging - Create teaser log" to True. Wait until this happens again and send us teaser log from settings folder (Logs subfolder) - you can open it using Settings->Open Settings Folder menu.
It just happened to me that I selected 3 themes and selected two effects in a row

I attach the log, but I don't know where the error is reflected (I don't know how to interpret it)
  • Intro countdown is preserved when a track is seeked
Thank you for this.

But when I search outside the intro mark and then search again inside the mark, it disappears.

Is it possible that it also remains in this case?
Grateful to you.

Attachments

• teaser.rar
    4.9 KB · Views: 40
Deleting a profile is not supposed to delete any data - this is to prevent any unexpected data loss.
I think it's great. That is, if a profile is deleted by mistake, we simply create another one and replace the files. That's the idea, right?

An option can be added. Do you find the numbers inconvenient?
I think it's just a case of 'we're used to it' behaving a certain way with the check boxes - actually it was one of the biggest reasons we originally got RadioBOSS as the scheduler was a significant improvement to the previous application we were using. I think the checkboxes still have a place.

However I see benefit in the numbers for others (not so much for us), so perhaps an advanced setting for 'legacy' behaviour - we're happy to switch that on for our use case to revert back to checkboxes.

Voice Tracks are treated in a special way, as described here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/voice_tracking.htm
Most of the crossfade settings are ignored in this case. If you don't need it to be treated this way, the voice track should be out of voice tracks folder.

This was not reproduced, some minor changes/internal improvements made to the recording feature, but not specifically fixing this. About "default date format" - can you please provide more details?
The recording command is set by the scheduler to save files in the format PROGRAM.mp3 but if the writing error occurs (because the file somehow becomes locked) it saves PROGRAM.mp3 with 0kb and PROGRAM%y%m%d_%t.mp3 (with full data). So when the scheduler tries to play the program back later, it cannot read either and fails.

Regarding the voicetracks, when is it necessary to use the identifier, such as VT? Your manual example shows "voicetracks" before the date. Where does this format get chosen so I don't have to enter it every time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back