Not open for further replies.
RadioBOSS Cloud 0.5.3 beta

What's new
  • Performance and stability improvements
  • Fixed occasional 403 error
  • Delete keyboard key in Overview to remove tracks from the playlist

djsoft said:
Did it load correctly after refreshing?
Yes, error 403 no longer appears. In the future would it be possible to switch between mobile and desktop without being logged off?

SertanejaPop said:
In the future would it be possible to switch between mobile and desktop without being logged off?
It's not that it does not allow switching between devices. It currently logs you out when you close browser window - so when next time you open it, it will require logging in. We'll add an option to keep the login when the browser is closed, thank you for pointing out this issue.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.5.4 beta

What's new
  • FTP server for file uploads
  • Persistent login to control panel: does not log out when browser is closed

djsoft said:
  • FTP server for file uploads
  • Persistent login to control panel: does not log out when browser is closed

The FTP feature works, however the server prints an error for filenames containing an apostrophe. You have to rename them before uploading.

Appart from that I'm no longer able to login into the RadioBoss Cloud panel after using FTP. Or has this something to do with the persistent login feature?

Steffen

OK there seems to be a cookie storage problem for RadioBoss Cloud. First login works, a second login after logging out doesn't work. Only if I manually delete the cookie for RadioBoss Cloud servers from my browser I'm able to login again.

Steffen

Steffen Schultz said:
The FTP feature works, however the server prints an error for filenames containing an apostrophe. You have to rename them before uploading.
The apostrophe is not allowed if you upload them from Media too - this will be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steffen Schultz said:
OK there seems to be a cookie storage problem for RadioBoss Cloud. First login works, a second login after logging out doesn't work. Only if I manually delete the cookie for RadioBoss Cloud servers from my browser I'm able to login again.
Yes, it appears to be a bug - will be fixed shortly.

The login problem should be fixed now. We're sorry for the inconvenience it had caused.

Hello
First I would like to say that the system is getting better and that the FTP is operating very well.
I would suggest the Portuguese version for the panel.
And also suggest a time-appropriate feature for the system where you can set the unique custom time for each station.

I would like to know if it is possible to make a stream like this from print, but using my domain? Ex: http://mydomain.com/stream. I did this using a PHP code but it does not show the metadata. See the Ex: http://sertanejapop.com.br/live

Attachments

• 0123.JPG
    0123.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 382
mcosta said:
First I would like to say that the system is getting better and that the FTP is operating very well.
Thank you!

mcosta said:
I would suggest the Portuguese version for the panel.
While beta the UI will be English only so that development is not hold off to updating the translations - the UI changes a lot while beta because new features are added or changed. Once it reaches release state, we'll support multiple languages, Portuguese included.

mcosta said:
And also suggest a time-appropriate feature for the system where you can set the unique custom time for each station.
You can select the time zone in the settings if I understood the request correctly.

SertanejaPop said:
I would like to know if it is possible to make a stream like this from print, but using my domain? Ex: http://mydomain.com/stream. I did this using a PHP code but it does not show the metadata.
It is possible - you need to add a CNAME record to your domain and point it to the RB Cloud server where your account is located, e.g. when you edit DNS zones for your domain, add
stream CNAME c2.radioboss.fm

Then you can use
http://stream.yourdomain.com/stream/75 instead of http://c2.radioboss.fm/stream/75

This will also work for all the links in the Information panel.

SertanejaPop said:
I did this using a PHP code but it does not show the metadata.
PHP approach should also work. The file should be like this:
Code:
<?php
header('Location: http://c2.radioboss.fm/stream/75');

Better way to redirect would be to simply use the .htaccess file (if you use Apache server), as you would be to use a link not ending with .php.

Hello -

Couple questions which we find rather important:

1 - Will the cloud version allow us to create "mix points" (on a song or station promo) the same way the standalone version currently does?

2 - Do we know how much longer before we can add more file types beside the standard 3? Our stand alone version of RB had about 25 file types so as much as we have loved the new cloud version, we have limited a lot of file type functionallity we had with the original software.

Our biggest issue right now are with our station promo's and jingles. Certain jingles may have a "dry" ending which requires a quicker cross fade, while other jingles are "wet" and have a longer reverb which we would like the song intro to layover on a longer mix point. We are very restricted at this time on crating that type of segway.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I had the same issue, but there is a simple work around.
Go to "settings" ->Crossfades-> and create at least 2 different crossfades: 1 for wet and 1 for dry.
For example: Use "general" for wet "settings" and "advert" for dry recordings.

Forget the whole: General, advert, etc.

Now go to Media -> File manager and create 4 different folders: 1 -for General (all wet)
2 - one for dry (for example dry recordings) 3 - etc 4 -  etc

From now on, you make sub folders based on the crossfade.

We use a subfolder with wet Spots, which has another subfolder with other requirements under "general" folder.

Use a different subfolder under Spots folder with for example the sub folder title --> Adverts - Dry Spots.

When you now create your playlists or scheduled content, you can choose if you want a spot from the "dry" tree folder or "wet" tree folder...

Key in workarounds with RadioBoss Cloud is using the Scheduled options and Playlists.

It's all very simple, just think out of the box.
Sorry for the complex description and explanation but it really works. We are running 3terrestial stations completely on RadioBoss Cloud. Almost without issues..
Marty

RBUser2010 said:
1 - Will the cloud version allow us to create "mix points" (on a song or station promo) the same way the standalone version currently does?
Likely, yes, but in a relatively distant future, once all core features are completed.

RBUser2010 said:
2 - Do we know how much longer before we can add more file types beside the standard 3? Our stand alone version of RB had about 25 file types so as much as we have loved the new cloud version, we have limited a lot of file type functionallity we had with the original software.
This feature is almost ready and will be available soon, in December.

2 Questions:

1 - How does the repeat protection currently work? I'm finding several issues where the same song keeps airing within the same hour. What about a "featuring" issue if there are several artists on a song?

2 - Will there be an option to skip the same file type tracks like the stand alone version? (In the event a schedule changes and had just played a sweeper and a new sweeper is the first part of the next new set)

Thanks!

RBUser2010 said:
1 - How does the repeat protection currently work? I'm finding several issues where the same song keeps airing within the same hour. What about a "featuring" issue if there are several artists on a song?
Currently multiple artists for a track are not supported. If there's only single artist, it will not be repeated according to repeat protection rules. Please note that rules only work when you use Track List, they do not work if you add tracks directly to the playlist.

RBUser2010 said:
2 - Will there be an option to skip the same file type tracks like the stand alone version? (In the event a schedule changes and had just played a sweeper and a new sweeper is the first part of the next new set)
Yes, this option will be added soon.

See an example in the video of what I wanted to show in a previous post, where the system is logged off when switching to desktop in the mobile browser.

Attachments

• Untitled.mp4
    1.3 MB · Views: 319
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back