RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RadioBOSS Cloud 0.5.9 beta

What's new
  • Email notifications in case of errors or silence (disabled by default, can be turned on in settings)
  • Minor user interface improvements
  • Fixed downloadable reports were empty for some accounts

It gives me now an error:

"an error occurred: An Error Occurred: 0"

The player in top bar goes to E0

Thnx

Also,

Would it be in the future possible to generate a report, automatically set with the Mount Point or Station Name instead of standard "report"? (Fairly unimportant but it would convenient)

and,

Set how long the silence would occur before a silence is detected (we are very happy with this solution!)

Thnx again for all the greatness!

WKOM said:
It gives me now an error:

Thnx

It still doesnt work if I want to export a month by month list. Probably a "timeout" with the server. I can however export a list for 2 days. Is there a way to change the execute time of the server?

djsoft said:
tking said:
Trying to move files in filezilla to a different sub directory results in an error '550 unable to rename file' . I believe this is a permissions issue, is there anything you can do to resolve this?
Thanks
Renaming and moving the files is not supported by the current FTP implementation. You can only upload, download and delete the files.

Hmm ok that's quite a limitation. Is it something that will be implemented anytime soon?
Thanks

WKOM said:

An update was being installed on that day and it may have caused those errors. Even while you had seen those errors, the stream should be working (for most accounts, the average downtime was about one minute).

WKOM said:
Would it be in the future possible to generate a report, automatically set with the Mount Point or Station Name instead of standard "report"? (Fairly unimportant but it would convenient)
Do you mean adding a custom header for the report?

WKOM said:
Set how long the silence would occur before a silence is detected (we are very happy with this solution!)
Currently it's fixed at 30 seconds. We'll consider adding a configuration option for this in the future.

WKOM said:
It still doesnt work if I want to export a month by month list. Probably a "timeout" with the server. I can however export a list for 2 days. Is there a way to change the execute time of the server?
We'll take a look into it, the fix should be released within 1-2 days.

tking said:
Hmm ok that's quite a limitation. Is it something that will be implemented anytime soon?
Yes, I think this would be possible fairly soon.

I love the possibility to generate reports for FCC here in the US and Copyright companies, but also as a proof when, and on what time a certain song/commercial has been played! Thank you!!

Issue: When I stopped the radio-player (playlist) with 4 minutes of silence, it didn't generated any email error report for us. We have not received an email or spam. The box was marked with "Send email notifications in case of any errors or silence"! If it doesn't generate a report by manual silence, it would be great to send a "test report" or have a "test functionality"! This function in combination with sending auto text messages when certain email are received in my email box will give me a lot of extra sleep. In this case I can receive a text alert when emails are send by error or silence. (See below links for instructions)
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/auto-forward-important-email-to-your-phone-as-a-text-message/
https://www.howtogeek.com/210956/how-to-configure-automatic-text-message-alerts-for-important-emails/

Couple of small things I believe would be great improvements:

1) The reports can not be generated if you use a large amount of data. For example: If we generate a monthly report, the server gives a time out error. (probably because it takes to long to load)

2) It would be great if the generated report is automatically saved with the station name and dates the report is generated for. If I want to generate 4 reports from 4 different days, all reports will be saved as "report". It would be great if it would be for example: "[Station Name] + [Date Reports Generated]" WKOM Radio report 2019-2-2_2019-2-8

3) Would it be possible to publish somewhere the headers of the reports used in CSV or export the reports with headers?

4) It would be Super if you can ad a custom field with info in -> Media -> File Manager -> Tracks ->Tag Editor which will be exported in the report as-well. Specially for notes in regards the tracks or spots being played.

5) Would it be possible in the future to make a selection WHAT the reports are exporting. It's a small thing to delete the info not needed, but it would save time and CPU if you could pre-select the info WHAT you like to export in a report.

6) Export functionality in ZIP?

For the rest: We LOVE the way RadioBoss Cloud works!! Impatiently we wait for future developments. We are running 4 RB Clouds for 3 FM stations and 1 AM Station in Metropolitan areas without any Flaws!!

Many THNX!!!
Marty

Update:

Issue: When I stopped the radio-player (playlist) with 4 minutes of silence, it didn't generated any email error report for us. We have not received an email or spam. The box was marked with "Send email notifications in case of any errors or silence"! If it doesn't generate a report by manual silence, it would be great to send a "test report" or have a "test functionality"! This function in combination with sending auto text messages when certain email are received in my email box will give me a lot of extra sleep. In this case I can receive a text alert when emails are send by error or silence. (See below links for instructions)
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/auto-forward-important-email-to-your-phone-as-a-text-message/
https://www.howtogeek.com/210956/how-to-configure-automatic-text-message-alerts-for-important-emails/

I received the error email, 3 hrs and 3 minutes later. What would have been way to late.

WKOM said:
Issue: When I stopped the radio-player (playlist) with 4 minutes of silence, it didn't generated any email error report for us.
This is by design. It only detects silence when it supposed to be playing. For instance, an incorrect scheduled event may clear the playlist and do not load anything to play. In this case, it will detect the silence. But if you press the Stop button, the player is not expected to play anything, and the silence detector is paused too.

WKOM said:
1) The reports can not be generated if you use a large amount of data. For example: If we generate a monthly report, the server gives a time out error. (probably because it takes to long to load)
Yes, this is a bug and will be fixed shortly.

WKOM said:
2) It would be great if the generated report is automatically saved with the station name and dates the report is generated for. If I want to generate 4 reports from 4 different days, all reports will be saved as "report". It would be great if it would be for example: "[Station Name] + [Date Reports Generated]" WKOM Radio report 2019-2-2_2019-2-8
Yes, we'll change the filename to include dates, thank you for the suggestion.

WKOM said:
3) Would it be possible to publish somewhere the headers of the reports used in CSV or export the reports with headers?
What should be included in the header?

WKOM said:
4) It would be Super if you can ad a custom field with info in -> Media -> File Manager -> Tracks ->Tag Editor which will be exported in the report as-well. Specially for notes in regards the tracks or spots being played.
This is something we have planned for the future.

WKOM said:
5) Would it be possible in the future to make a selection WHAT the reports are exporting. It's a small thing to delete the info not needed, but it would save time and CPU if you could pre-select the info WHAT you like to export in a report.
The performance is not an issue here, mainly because we have plenty of processing power available, and number of fields really does not affect the speed anyway (1 field vs. 10 fields is only about 5% faster).

WKOM said:
What is the purpose?

WKOM said:
For the rest: We LOVE the way RadioBoss Cloud works!! Impatiently we wait for future developments. We are running 4 RB Clouds for 3 FM stations and 1 AM Station in Metropolitan areas without any Flaws!!
Thank you very much for the good words!

WKOM said:
I received the error email, 3 hrs and 3 minutes later. What would have been way to late.
I suppose the error email was about some other error, not about the silence (I have the silence thing explained in the previous post). You can see all errors and other events in the Log. The errors are marked in red.

Quote from: WKOM on February 19, 2019, 02:06:48 AM
What should be included in the header?

Answer:
For example "what" column name is exported. In my csv for example it exports several columns, most of them I can explain like date, album name etc. However my last column shows me a 2 or 3 (mainly 3) and I have no clue where this comes from or is related to. Also if the custom field can be exported (or an additional custom field can be created and exported, than you can add on additional information for BMI (who requires sometimes explanation why a certain file is a PSA and not to be billed in copyrights. This probably takes place in every US based regular commercial terrestrial station 5/6 x a day.) Also with a custom field in export, additional info can be used when uploading spots, bumpers etc in how long or till when certain spots, bumpers, can be played. Additional info like spot pricing. A simple comma separated field, which can be exported in 1 column, could be used for many reasons. from billing to reporting/logging to professional programs used in terrestrial radio. Software like marketron, sage (quickbooks) etc etc. Right now, if I export the csn file, I need to find all info (like music, bumpers, jingles etc. what i do NOT use. (a 24/7 station plays roughly 2-3 thousand songs a month + thousands of bumpers and jingles and FX etc. THAN I need to sort the Spots, THAN I need to change the headers exactly to HOW my billing software, or logging software like to see the CSV headers.
As you have seen my other questions, IF we could choose which headers could be exported AND manipulate the HEADER names to be exported. AND the exported file will include the headers, THAN there can be a 1 click automated process starting from Cloud Player Report Export to almost ALL professional billing and logging software in terrestrial radio world. With this functionality you have created a large gap in all available professional radio player-content placement software on the market.

I am managing all together 6 stations, all of them are using RadioBoss Cloud because of the easy of use AND cloud functionality. What you guys have developed is JUSt different enough than other cloud players and professional software suppliers to serve the largest small and mid terrestrial market in North America, who have all more or less the same problem. We would even pay for the development if it would be possible. 

-----------------

Quote from: WKOM on February 19, 2019, 10:06:03 AM
I suppose the error email was about some other error, not about the silence (I have the silence thing explained in the previous post). You can see all errors and other events in the Log. The errors are marked in red.

Question: I understand, make sense! However, it would be great that users can test this somewhere somehow, so they can set up additional functionalities or know its working and can be used with third party software like forward email to text, for emergency handling.

--------------------------------

Quote from: WKOM on February 19, 2019, 02:06:48 AM
What is the purpose?

Answer: Processing! if the column headers could be manipulated in custom fields, than downloading the reports could be used 1-on-1 with for example google share a drive into auto billing, reporting, logging and avadavis software. Zip files can be uploaded automatically in the software named above. Also there are several firewall programs used by prof terrestrial stations and/or virus software which see csv downloads as dangerous and prevent them from downloading. Server operated email clients as-well. Zip files are not been stopped by them.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.6.0 beta

• Widgets code improved to allow installing multiple widgets of the same type on one web page
  • Improved the look of auto-generated radio station page
  • Downloaded reports file name now includes the report period
  • Fixed a bug when report was not downloaded because of timeout

djsoft said:
  • Widgets code improved to allow installing multiple widgets of the same type on one web page

In the widget code there is now a random number in the div ID and as part of the JS URLs. Is it correct that the number can be random, but needs to match within the same widget for Div ID and URL? I'm asking this in order to properly update my CMS plugin.

Steffen

WKOM said:
For example "what" column name is exported. In my csv for example it exports several columns, most of them I can explain like date, album name etc. However my last column shows me a 2 or 3 (mainly 3) and I have no clue where this comes from or is related to
Depending on report type, those are average listener number and playcount. The column headers will be added, as seeing only the number is pretty odd. We'll also add filters (do not include certain file types in the report) and custom fields.

WKOM said:
Question: I understand, make sense! However, it would be great that users can test this somewhere somehow, so they can set up additional functionalities or know its working and can be used with third party software like forward email to text, for emergency handling.
Yes, why not - we'll add a "Test" button that will send a test notification, just to see how it works.

WKOM said:
Zip files can be uploaded automatically in the software named above. Also there are several firewall programs used by prof terrestrial stations and/or virus software which see csv downloads as dangerous and prevent them from downloading. Server operated email clients as-well. Zip files are not been stopped by them.
You can manually zip it when it's required. I'll see if we can add an option to download it in a zip format.

Steffen Schultz said:
In the widget code there is now a random number in the div ID and as part of the JS URLs. Is it correct that the number can be random, but needs to match within the same widget for Div ID and URL? I'm asking this in order to properly update my CMS plugin.
The number must be the same in the two places: the element and the parameter (&wid=) passed to the JavaScript in the <script> section.

• djsoft said:
    RadioBOSS Cloud 0.6.0 beta

• Fixed a bug when report was not downloaded because of timeout

My reports (CSV-LIST) are still giving me a time out if I try to export/download "last Month" Everything longer than 8 days is a timeout.

djsoft said:
WKOM said:
Yes, why not - we'll add a "Test" button that will send a test notification, just to see how it works.

--------------
WKOM Answer: I didnt mean to be a "smart ass and give you guys more work, but if you want to use the email alert to be "realtime" and someone want to follow up directly, you NEED to have a email to text alert possibility. We can set that up with our own mobile phone provider or software, but when you install this, you definitely want to test it. I'm not leaving my phone on ringing when I sleep for every email what comes in, however, when our terrestrial stations are "offline" I need to know asap. As I said before; We use the cloud version for our entire live stream on FM terrestrial stations. And it works perfect!!  Therefore,... and again Many thnx!

WKOM Answer: I didnt mean to be a "smart ass and give you guys more work, but if you want to use the email alert to be "realtime" and someone want to follow up directly, you NEED to have a email to text alert possibility. We can set that up with our own mobile phone provider or software, but when you install this, you definitely want to test it. I'm not leaving my phone on ringing when I sleep for every email what comes in, however, when our terrestrial stations are "offline" I need to know asap. As I said before; We use the cloud version for our entire live stream on FM terrestrial stations. And it works perfect!!  Therefore,... and again Many thnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back