RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Could you add to the cheduler the ability to add the end time of an event instead of the number of repetitions?

Thank you for this great job, and it is accessible with a screen reader! That's great!!!!! :)

WKOM said:
My reports (CSV-LIST) are still giving me a time out if I try to export/download "last Month" Everything longer than 8 days is a timeout.
We'll check it again, currently timeout is set to two minutes, this should be enough to create any report. Perhaps there is a bug.

WKOM said:
WKOM Answer: I didnt mean to be a "smart ass and give you guys more work, but if you want to use the email alert to be "realtime" and someone want to follow up directly, you NEED to have a email to text alert possibility.
Actually I answered seriously, the Test button will be added to test how email notifications work (it will send a test notification). RadioBOSS Cloud will currently not send text (sms) notificaions as they cost money and this requires building a new infrastructure to allow purchasing SMS credits and this is not what we want to spend dev resources on right now.

actucast said:
Could you add to the cheduler the ability to add the end time of an event instead of the number of repetitions?
Repeats allow to repeat an event. We may add expiration feature, similar to the one regular RadioBOSS has: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

actucast said:
Thank you for this great job, and it is accessible with a screen reader! That's great!!!!!
You're welcome!

WKOM said:
WKOM Answer: I didnt mean to be a "smart ass and give you guys more work, but if you want to use the email alert to be "realtime" and someone want to follow up directly, you NEED to have a email to text alert possibility.
DJSOFT Answer: Actually I answered seriously, the Test button will be added to test how email notifications work (it will send a test notification). RadioBOSS Cloud will currently not send text (sms) notifications as they cost money and this requires building a new infrastructure to allow purchasing SMS credits and this is not what we want to spend dev resources on right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
For everyone who is interested to receive text alerts after RadioBoss Cloud send a error email alert:

Most mobile phone providers offer the possibility to send email to text. When RadioBoss send an email with error alert, you can automatically forward this email to your cell phone nr.

For example in gmail: Create a filter, with a forward address to your cell phone "standard email to text address)

For examples see link:
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/auto-forward-important-email-to-your-phone-as-a-text-message/
https://www.howtogeek.com/210956/how-to-configure-automatic-text-message-alerts-for-important-emails/

DJSoft: Thank you for all the hard work! In this way you guys don't have to create an "alert to text" environment. It is already available! Thank you for the test button!! Awesome!!

Hello,

I have suggestions for improving accessibility with a screen reader.
Do you want me to write them here or in an email so as not to annoy the forum?

actucast said:
I have suggestions for improving accessibility with a screen reader.
Do you want me to write them here or in an email so as not to annoy the forum?
Please create a separate topic on this forum, this would be the most convenient to manage.

WKOM said:
DJSoft: Thank you for all the hard work! In this way you guys don't have to create an "alert to text" environment. It is already available! Thank you for the test button!! Awesome!!
Thank you. The test button is scheduled for the next release (0.6.1).

Hello,

Sorry for all these suggestions;)

Could you add one. duplicate detector in the file tags?

Could you add a VoiceTrack module like in your RadioBoss software that I can not use because I have a mac? : D

See you soon and above all continue your wonderful work !!!!!

actucast said:
What should it do? Check if uploaded file already presents?

actucast said:
Could you add a VoiceTrack module like in your RadioBoss software that I can not use because I have a mac? : D
Yes, but in the future updates - voice tracking also requires setting Intro and Outro markers, and this is a pretty complex feature to add.

djsoft said:
actucast said:
What should it do? Check if uploaded file already presents?

Yes but checking the tags instead of the file names. We are more to add music to the radio, there are duplicates;)

actucast said:
Yes, but in the future updates - voice tracking also requires setting Intro and Outro markers, and this is a pretty complex feature to add.

I am impatient! I tested the function on a computer of a friend, I love it !!! ;)

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.6.1 beta

Changes:
  • Improved reporting feature: headers in CSV report, ZIP download option
  • Fixed report timeout error
  • Test email notification button

Hi,
We have to provide network information to some of our clients for firewall rules. Can you tell me the potential range your streaming servers operate in? I've assumed 8000-8100 but can you clarify for me. Thanks

tking said:
We have to provide network information to some of our clients for firewall rules. Can you tell me the potential range your streaming servers operate in? I've assumed 8000-8100 but can you clarify for me. Thanks
The ports are auto-assigned, and can be within 8000-20000 range, but it's subject to change in the future.

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I'd like make some feature requests:

- A Dark player suitable to a dark website theme.
- A widget to allow listeners to request the next song from the media library (like the one offered by Everestcast)
- Hability to vote songs (like/dislike) through a widget.

Thank you!

Mars_bcn said:
- A Dark player suitable to a dark website theme.
Yes, we'll offer a new player soon with some configuration options (colors, fonts etc).

Mars_bcn said:
- A widget to allow listeners to request the next song from the media library
This is planned for the future updates, but currently I can't tell when it will be ready.

Mars_bcn said:
ability to vote songs (like/dislike) through a widget.
Where and how "likes" should be used?

Quote from: Mars_bcn on March 17, 2019, 01:56:33 PM
ability to vote songs (like/dislike) through a widget.
Where and how "likes" should be used?

A Playing Now widget could show the track Artist - Title, optionally the Cover Art, and two buttons below to vote positive or negative (could be a ?Thumb Up? and a ?Thumb Down?) , so we would know if a song is popular or not. That would mean adding a field in the library database to store votes.

Mars_bcn said:
A Playing Now widget could show the track Artist - Title, optionally the Cover Art, and two buttons below to vote positive or negative (could be a ?Thumb Up? and a ?Thumb Down?) , so we would know if a song is popular or not. That would mean adding a field in the library database to store votes.
OK, we'll think about it for the future updates.

OK, we'll think about it for the future updates.

Thank you, Dimitry.

Here?s an example of the Everstcast pannel widgets (Voting System and Jukebox or Track Request) in a website:

marcsradio.torontocast.stream (add https:// at the beginning)

I could give you access to the pannel if you want to take a look at the backend.

I have added this to the future features list, I think something like this will be in RB Cloud as well.

hi dimitry

on the cloud reports can you sort it so our listener figures don't have to show on reports and if we can do most playcounts to the least amount of plays

thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with the planner ...

I asked him to play me the titles of a folder in order. The files are 121-british, 122-british ... 128-british. He started reading through the 127, 128, 121, 122, etc.
When playing in order, is it the alphabetical order, or the upload order on the server?

I would like to stream from RadioBoss Cloud at 192 Kbps MP3.

Should I rip my CD's to 192k MP3?

Or should I rip my CD's to FLAC?

If I stream at 192 Kbps MP3 will I get better sound quality using FLAC files instead of 192k MP3 files?

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back