RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wireradio said:
on the cloud reports can you sort it so our listener figures don't have to show on reports and if we can do most playcounts to the least amount of plays
You can export the report in .CSV format and then remove the columns you don't need.

actucast said:
When playing in order, is it the alphabetical order, or the upload order on the server?
It is so called natural sorting order. That is, when file names contain numbers, it will sort by those numbers. If there are no numbers, it will sort alphabetically. This is more complicated actually, but generally it works like this. It it the same sorting as in Windows Explorer when you sort files by file names.

John Drake said:
I would like to stream from RadioBoss Cloud at 192 Kbps MP3.

Should I rip my CD's to 192k MP3?

Or should I rip my CD's to FLAC?

If I stream at 192 Kbps MP3 will I get better sound quality using FLAC files instead of 192k MP3 files?
While there would be no perceivable difference between mp3@192kbps and FLAC, I'd recommend ripping to FLAC as it's lossless compression so there's no quality degradation (even minor). If you want to store lots of tracks, however, MP3 may be a better choice as it's generally about four times smaller than FLAC.

It's strange ... He threw me the files in the mess 2 times in a row ...

I have another suggestion, could you add an option to send a tweet when a planned event is triggered, or when live?

I tried to download my songs from the RadioBOSS Cloud server, I saw that the speed is very slow, is the download speed limited?

actucast said:
threw me the files in the mess 2 times in a row ...
When did it happen? We'll see the logs.

actucast said:
I have another suggestion, could you add an option to send a tweet when a planned event is triggered, or when live?
Currently tweets are only sent when a track starts playing. You can put the first track in the event's playlist so that it will send the text you need.

SertanejaPop said:
I tried to download my songs from the RadioBOSS Cloud server, I saw that the speed is very slow, is the download speed limited?
Yes, the speed is limited on server side.

Is it fair to say that MP3 files will be COMPRESSED TWICE, while FLAC files will only be COMPRESSED ONCE?

A FLAC file will only be compressed once while being streamed by RadioBoss Cloud:
FLAC > RadioBoss Cloud > 192 Kbps MP3 stream

On the other hand, an MP3 file is compressed once when converted from FLAC to MP3, then may be compressed again while being streamed at 192 Kbps:
FLAC > 192k MP3 file > RadioBoss Cloud > 192 Kbps MP3 stream

Is the 192k MP3 file COMPRESSED AGAIN or is it just PASSED THROUGH by RadioBoss Cloud?

Thanks again...

djsoft said:
actucast said:
threw me the files in the mess 2 times in a row ...
When did it happen? We'll see the logs.

It was Saturday 23 at 4 pm (European time, Paris)

djsoft said:
actucast said:
Currently tweets are only sent when a track starts playing. You can put the first track in the event's playlist so that it will send the text you need.
But I do not want tweets to be posted to every title change. is it possible to automatically send a tweet for a particular title?

edited by djsoft: fixed quote tags

John Drake said:
Is it fair to say that MP3 files will be COMPRESSED TWICE, while FLAC files will only be COMPRESSED ONCE?
Yes, correct.

John Drake said:
Is the 192k MP3 file COMPRESSED AGAIN or is it just PASSED THROUGH by RadioBoss Cloud?
The output is always compressed (encoded), RadioBOSS does not take into account what the source file format is. So if your source files are MP3 and you broadcast in MP3, there will be double mp3 compression involved. Usually it's not a problem, especially at high bitrates (at 192kbps it will take hundreds or even thousdands cycles to introduce noticeable sound artifacts).

actucast said:
According to the logs, it played F128, then, as it was the last track, it started again with F121, then F122, and so on. The order appears to be correct.

actucast said:
But I do not want tweets to be posted to every title change. is it possible to automatically send a tweet for a particular title?
Currently, no, as we only offer "nowplaying" tweets that supposed to be sending updates on each track change. We'll think of adding custom tweets in the future updates.

I'm unable to rename the account username in the latest few servers I've setup. Is this a new thing? Accounts are labelled 'stream503' 'stream803' etc which isn't very intuitive when you have a bunch of accounts on the same server address. The accounts I set up 2 months or more or so it was no issue to rename the account?

Also any idea when ' might be included in file name syntax? It is causing problems when trying to sort being local and remote ftp directories.

Thanks!

tking said:
I'm unable to rename the account username in the latest few servers I've setup. Is this a new thing? Accounts are labelled 'stream503' 'stream803' etc which isn't very intuitive when you have a bunch of accounts on the same server address. The accounts I set up 2 months or more or so it was no issue to rename the account?
Please try again, it should work now.

tking said:
Also any idea when ' might be included in file name syntax? It is causing problems when trying to sort being local and remote ftp directories.
According to our records, the apostrophe is allowed in file names. Can you please send a zipped file with apostrophe that is not accepted? Please also specify where it's not accepted, by FTP or in Media section?

djsoft said:
actucast said:
According to the logs, it played F128, then, as it was the last track, it started again with F121, then F122, and so on. The order appears to be correct.

Yes, but it started with the 128, I wish it started with the 121

actucast said:
Currently, no, as we only offer "nowplaying" tweets that supposed to be sending updates on each track change. We'll think of adding custom tweets in the future updates.

Ok, thank for your amazing work !!! I love!

Hello,

I activated the function "Wait for current song to finish" but it does not wait for the end of the song to go live.

If I want to test the email notification function I get "An error occurred. 500 (Failed to send email.)" is displayed as an error message. Is this simply a bug in the current version of Radioboss Cloud?

Is it planned to offer Radioboss Cloud as a self-hosted solution in the future?

I noticed that three "file types" are too few. Is it planned / possible to expand it in the future? Of course, it would be even better if the Playpack level could be set separately for a track.

is it possible to have a track now playing for a overplay

i use a overplay for a show instead of having it in the playlist and would like the title listed in the nowplaying even tho its a op

thanks

Hello

I used the new options allowing multiple web parts on a web page (coming from multiple radioboss Cloud sources) and it works great.

Thank you

Do you know when the Teaser option will be there?

Greetings

wireradio said:
i use a overplay for a show instead of having it in the playlist and would like the title listed in the nowplaying even tho its a op
I don't think this would be possible, as it a potential source for conflicts. The overlay player is for minor things that do not require any features except for basic playback. I suggest running all shows from the main playlist.

gaetanlabrecque said:
I used the new options allowing multiple web parts on a web page (coming from multiple radioboss Cloud sources) and it works great.
You're welcome!

gaetanlabrecque said:
Do you know when the Teaser option will be there?
I don't have the exact date yet, sorry.

Few questions:

1) How much longer before we have ability to add more file types? I know at one point it was mentioned to be ready around Christmas...

2) The ability of listening to a track within the "Media" category (It's nice to be able to preview a file to determine whether that file needs to be archived like a sweeper, or older song. Right now, we have to place in the player and allow it to play to determine what the file actually sounds like)

3) The ability to download a file directly from our media category to our computer. ( We have other stations now with separate RB clouds and some songs cross over. Like to grab the process songs from our current cloud)

RBUser2010 said:
1) How much longer before we have ability to add more file types? I know at one point it was mentioned to be ready around Christmas...

2) The ability of listening to a track within the "Media" category (It's nice to be able to preview a file to determine whether that file needs to be archived like a sweeper, or older song. Right now, we have to place in the player and allow it to play to determine what the file actually sounds like)
Those features will be available in the future updates. RadioBOSS Cloud is a complex system, and in the past few updates we have significantly increased its reliability, and this is a lot of work. Once we see that it performs as it should, we'll continue adding new features.

RBUser2010 said:
3) The ability to download a file directly from our media category to our computer. ( We have other stations now with separate RB clouds and some songs cross over. Like to grab the process songs from our current cloud)
Currently you can download the files from FTP: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/ftp-uploads/
We'll consider adding download option to Media section as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back